EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

381 - 400 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Looks too clinical to me. Just my own silly opinion. Wife tells me I have no taste!

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
rockyp said:
Looks too clinical to me. Just my own silly opinion. Wife tells me I have no taste!
Humm...it does now that you mention it.

I still like it though as it goes great with the wine wall rack.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Sailfish said:
We drove to Cincinnati this afternoon and picked up the external exhaust unit. The contractor is out of town until after the first of the year.

I plan on contacting him to get this **** thing installed. Which will mean an electrician and the HVAC sub-contractors.

THIS will hopefully be the last **** thing to be finished for the "kitchen from ****" remodel.

BUT get this....my husband was talking with me today, on the way down and back from Cincinnati, about the "fireplace" facelift.

:eek: :help: :confused: I need a break before delving into this next project! I said to him "wait.....can we put this off for a couple months"? **** IT I slashed that from the initial kitchen remodel because of the additional cost and NOW he wants to do it????????????????????

OMG.......I really need a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** with a vacation for "2", I need one for ONE...that would be ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy: :dancing:
AND the external exhaust unit is just now on the schedule to be installed.

Electrician, HVAC, cabinet installers and the general contractor are all due here NEXT Thursday.

Fingers, toes, eyes and anything else that I can cross that this FINAL step in getting this **** kitchen remodel finished.

The general contractor said he has been sick. I think he forgot I still owe him $2,000 and when he was looking over his books it suddenly popped up.

I want it DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Yep this is the cause of the kitchen from **** to take FIVE months before it is finished.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
A year ago today, my husband came home from work and asked me if I had checked my checking account lately. I looked at him and said, no why, should I? He said yes I should as he gave me a Valentines Day present.

So I opened up my laptop and accessed my checking account and holy ****....what a Valentines present it was. He had deposited into my account money for a kitchen remodel. LOL little did we know at that time, that money he deposited, would be half of what we actually ended up spending.

He told me that day, he wanted to see me smile. You see, I had been so sad and depressed since my Mother passed away, June 2013. This was then compounded by my concern for my husband, exactly one week after Mothers funeral, he had a heart attack and had a stent inserted into one of his arteries. I am still concerned for him.....that will never stop.

Yes, it was one year ago today.....and as I sit here looking back and remembering all the planning, meetings, designs, changes, shopping, discussing, frustrations, loving it, hating it and seeing the final product. What an amazing year it has been.

Today is Valentines Day and the only present I want is...my husband....always has been and always will be.

Happy Valentines Day everyone....have a great one.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
If I had tried to give my wife such a Valentine's Day present, I would simply be withdrawing money and re-depositing it back into our checking account. :happy:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
If I had tried to give my wife such a Valentine's Day present, I would simply be withdrawing money and re-depositing it back into our checking account. :happy:
;D We have always had separate checking accounts, savings accounts, investment and retirement accounts. My parents had their own separate accounts so that is something I grew accustom to.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
I ran some water in the sink this morning and I had a flood of water coming out of the cabinet below. WTF?????

I pulled out the trays holding the supplies I keep under the cabinet. There is water everywhere. I threw in all the dry towels I had in a drawer and....after looking.....

The **** drain has separated.......

Looks like my husband will have some work to do tonight. In the mean time, can't do any kitchen cleaning today.

We had wanted to save around $2,000 by handling all of the plumbing our self. In the whole scheme of things, probably should have just paid a plumber. Although he does an awesome job on electrical and plumbing in the past. He changed all the outlets/switches downstairs last month.

THEN after I cleaned all of that up, I knocked over my coffee cup. What a mess, there was coffee on the bar top, floor and it even ran down on top of the counter top where the stove is located.

OMG..............what will happen next? It always comes in "3's".

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
:facepalm: I've done some minor plumbing repairs myself, and most of the time things have gone well. But, it takes only one small flaw in a plumbing system to potentially create a big wet mess. And, it is usually only after a mess has occurred that a plumbing flaw is discovered. :-\

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
My husband fixed the drain after he came home from work. He is not sure why it came unfastened, but you can bet I will keep an eye on it.

Oh well.....things happen. One just needs to roll with the flow of things and not get so upset.

After all, I am still waiting to get that **** external exhaust fan installed. Had to cancel the last 3 appointments due to the **** weather.

I told the general contractor this last time, we should just wait until later this month. With this crazy weather no sense in making an appointment and then having to cancel because of snow, freezing rain or lots of rain, which is happening right now.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have has the drain line separate - you have very hot then very cold going through it (expansion/contraction of the PVC) , plus vibrations from the disposal - sometimes itr needs a re-tighten after initial install and settling - not an excuse, but not all that uncommon. I know that does not make you feel any better....

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
TSS said:
I have has the drain line separate - you have very hot then very cold going through it (expansion/contraction of the PVC) , plus vibrations from the disposal - sometimes itr needs a re-tighten after initial install and settling - not an excuse, but not all that uncommon. I know that does not make you feel any better....
:thumb: AND it's holding!! ;D

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
My BFF Grace and I had lunch a couple weeks ago. She gave me this cup and plate which is now sitting proudly in my kitchen, along with one of the cup's from Tiffany's I bought on my last trip before the kitchen remodel.

She is determined to get me into so much trouble. After their return from spring break to Colorado, she and I are heading down to Cincinnati....Tiffany's will be the main stop that day. >:D

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
I am excited. A good friend of mine, an artist, finished this totally awesome oil painting of poppies. He finished it this morning and I said...I want it! Yep I bought it to hang in my kitchen, poppy central. I will meet up with him in Columbus later this month, he lives up near Cleveland and it needs to dry, to bring it home.

He had another painting I wanted but I missed it by 3 days last week. Which is why once I saw this I said "mine...mine...mine"!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
The wood and vase look so real!
They sure do. He is a really great artist and I can't wait to bring this oil painting into my home. I have several paintings/prints hanging in my home from friends and local artists.

One artist grew up on the farm next to where my Mother grew up. He is a wonderful water color artist. I have at least 6 of his. We had some great conversations as to his memories of my Great Aunts, they had farms across the road from his parents farm. LOL my Great Aunts were very loud, outspoken and animated. ;D Just like me.

Another is also an artist up in Kettering. I only have one of her oil paintings. I haven't seen any more of hers on display at local galleries, if I did I am sure I would add to my collection.

Then there is another friend, he did a beautiful print of Jesus hanging on the cross. All was done digitally and it is breathtaking. I have it on display in the living room with all of the other prints/paintings.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Kitchen was put to good use today. Had 5 friends over for dinner.

I just remembered I had not posted any recent photos of the kitchen, after the remodel and such. So here are the photos I snapped today, before everyone arrived. But after the turkey was finished.

AND the wine rack, now missing 5 bottles of wine. :wine:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Sweet and professional looking!

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
cfedor said:
Sweet and professional looking!
Thanks! I love it. Especially keeping the small appliances off the countertops. I chuckle as my Mother was as addicted as I am to collecting AND using many small appliances.

She had a kitchen with a LOT of counter space. There was a countertop beneath the window overlooking the carport. That is where she kept her small appliances. Except her KitchenAid Mixer. When Father added the kitchen on to the house, he made a cabinet especially to store her mixer. It had an outlet inside the cabinet, and a shelf attached to the cabinet door. All Mother needed to do was open the cabinet, out came the mixer and presto.....she was happy. Today in base cabinets you can find a shelf to hold the mixer which will lift up. Guess my Father was ahead of the times.

I have a butcher block stand on wheels which sits at the end of the island. When I want to use my mixer, I just wheel it over to the stand the mixer is sitting on, move it over and then wheel the butcher block over to the back counter top where I keep all of my baking products. Saves on lifting a heavy mixer and carrying it over.

381 - 400 of 428 Posts
About this Discussion
427 Replies
12 Participants
HarrisonG
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing