EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

421 - 428 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Oh my word....the ribs....TO DIE FOR. Plus we had corn on the cob grilled. The ribs were warmed up on the grill, still in the foil wrap I had placed around them last night.

2 ribs and 2 ears of corn...filled me up!!!

:wine:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
My husband and I were preparing to have a salad and grill a couple chops last night. He went outside to light the grill and came back inside within a few seconds.

I chuckled, without looking at him and asked "so we are out of propane"?

NOOOOO....he said we have propane.

I asked then, what's wrong as you didn't light the grill.

He laughed and said that we have "visitors" camping out inside the grill.

Yep, those visitors were....MICE!!! OMG, there was one standing at the back just staring at me. While another one was beneath the grill, standing on the burner cover looking up at me.

I started laughing and ran back inside and grabbed my iPhone for a couple photos.

He wasn't sure what to do so I suggested that he go out into the garage and get the 2 "humane" traps. We can load some cheese in each one, place on top of the grill and close the lid.

While he was doing that, one of the little ones was staring me down while he was on top of the grill. Little critter then scampered towards me and, you bet I backed off. He made a turn, scampered onto the side platform of the grill and then ran to the back edge and jumped down and wriggled between the bamboo fence at the side of the deck and scampered off.

The other one, there are actually 2 still in the grill along with a nest of leaves, was still staring at me.

My husband came back with the traps we loaded the cheese and shut the lid....

I wonder if they will be gone by tonight? Heck we had just used the grill this past weekend.

I also this morning asked my husband as he was getting ready to head to work, yes I was chuckling when I asked him, if he thought we had caught the mice who had taken up residence in our grill. He said, cheese is a great motivator for mice to crawl into the box trap.

I also said, do you think we should sand blast the grill? LOL he chuckled and said, I think turning all the burners on high for about 15 minutes should be sufficient.

I still think sandblasting is the better option. After all, one of the little critters was scampering across the top of the grill.

What are your plans for this Labor Day weekend? Planning on any family/friend coming over for a cook out? I think we will just go out this weekend. ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
Yuck! I don't mind rodents. But I would want them anywhere near where I prepare or cook food.
I agree. He cleaned the grill out yesterday and then fired up the burners to burn off any residue left. Sadly, we ran out of propane.

He just returned from getting another tank. We will be firing it up later this afternoon....long and hot.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Well I will be a SOB....... :eek:hno:

I think I just fried the circuit board on one of my ovens. I had poured a glass of water and had it sitting on the counter next to the cooktop. :facepalm:

The ovens are both installed below the cooktop and....yea....I knocked the **** glass of water over. :-[

The water seeped in behind the top edge of the oven and snuck into the electronics.

The digital display on one of the ovens was GOING CRAZY!!! It finally stopped the crazy beeps and different crazy displays and settled with the nCAL message. **** it!

I called technical support and they suggested that I have the power shut off to that one particular oven. Whew....and we do have both ovens on separate circuit breakers. So now, the power is shut off to that one and the plan is to leave it that way for 3-4 days and then turn the circuit breaker back on.

IF the message still shows up, that means I will need to call Frigidaire repair and have the **** control panel replaced.
I swear this **** "kitchen remodel from ****" keeps rearing its' ugly head. First the microwave stopped working (new replacement bought). Then the icemaker went on the blink.

What next????

****, **** and everything else.....GRRRRRR................

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, i've got my kitchen renovated last week and was using http://myozwholesale.com.au to get some decent stuff around. As far as i've understood, if we talking about furniture stuff i guess it's worth trying. And always take care about plumbing first if you do any changes it kitchen - never repeat my mistakes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
... And always take care about plumbing first if you do any changes it kitchen - never repeat my mistakes.
I did just that, man.. To be precise, my wife made me choose this -
https://cozyhousetoday.com/best-pullout-kitchen-faucet-reviews/ I certainly like the concept, but if they asked me, I would stop at something more classic. But the practice has shown that modern design can be very thoughtful and comfortable. I hope that these plumbing will serve us for a long time.

421 - 428 of 428 Posts
About this Discussion
427 Replies
12 Participants
HarrisonG
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing