EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put together this chart to keep track of month to month sales of the Lambdas.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Lambda Sales Chart

GM sales numbers are out for April! Here's the info on the Lambdas:

Vehicle Jan Feb Mar Apr Model Sales YTD
Acadia 168242835739748719191
Outlook 9441900221035928646
Enclave 0005252
Monthly totals 2626618379491113127889

The Enclave jumps out of the gate with 52 sales right at the end of April!!

Source: GM Reports 311,687 April Deliveries

·
Registered
3,130 Posts

Wow. I don't think I have ever been one of 52 people to own anything, let alone something as fine as an Enclave.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts

The question is where are the other 48? They rolled 100 Enclave in the very first batch. You have still have shot at this :beer:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts

I think my VIN ends in 0803. I was assuming that I had the 803 unit built. Are some of those maybe pre-production vehicles?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I'm guessing that's exactly right. I think 001 once said something about 500-600 of the first acadias being preproduction for testing, like the one he drove around. I'd guess same w/ the enclave. He test drove an enclave for 12,000 miles recently.

·
Registered
24 Posts

I'm actually not sure where we started selling production unit VINs for the Enclave. I would guess somewhere around 200...I'm in 007 and have about 10500 miles on it. I put 12000 miles on an Outlook. Thanks for the great chart admin!!!

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts

Any predictions about what the numbers will be at the end of the model year? Great chart, by the way.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

It's hard to say. I think it's going to depend on whether they start up the third shift at the Lansing Delta plant. With only 2 shifts running, Don told us they can only produce about 17,500 Lambdas/month. If this trend keeps up, they'll be selling in the 17,000 range by June.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts

admin said:
It's hard to say. I think it's going to depend on whether they start up the third shift at the Lansing Delta plant. With only 2 shifts running, Don told us they can only produce about 17,500 Lambdas/month. If this trend keeps up, they'll be selling in the 17,000 range by June.
HMMMM...I DONT THINK SO. REMEMBER THEY ARE MAKING 3 DIFF CARS OUT OF ONE PLANT. WHEN THEY STARTED MAKING THE ACADIA THERE WERE ONLY 2.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The assembly line only moves so fast. Don Willem (a member who works at the plant) said they can produce about 17,520, without overtime. They have to decide how to divide those up between 3 cars now, instead of two. I believe the percentages he gave were

50% Acadia
30% Enclave
20% Outlook

Adding an extra car to the assembly line doesn't change how many they can produce in a given time period.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts

Let me rephrase the question - which of the three Lambdas do you think will appeal to the consumer more? I would rank them 1 Enclave, 2 Outlook, 3 Acadia. I originally started looking at the Acadia but the red dashboard lighting really was a turnoff. I think the Acadia will have the highest sales in '08. But, I think the Enclave will catch up fast and have higher sales by 2010.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts

I think the Enclave has a more polarizing look. My gut tells me the Acadia will continue to outsell the Enclave, but what do I know.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts

zman said:
I think the Enclave has a more polarizing look. My gut tells me the Acadia will continue to outsell the Enclave, but what do I know.
I THINK IT DEPENDS ON WHETHER YOU WANT THE SPORTY/CASUAL LOOK (ACADIA) OR IF YOU WANT THE CLASSY/LUXURY LOOK (ENCLAVE). AS FOR ME, IM GOING FOR THE ENCLAVE FOR A CLASSY/LUXURIOUS LADY :sunny: ;D :angel:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

If unique new visitors to a website were any indication, I'd have to say the Enclave is getting more attention right now, based on my forum stats. Obviously, acadiaforum.net gets TON more page views, since it has 8 times the number of users, but I can also keep track of first time unique visitors and enclaveforum.net is currently pulling in THREE times the number of those as the acadiaforum! Now maybe that has something to do with it just about to enter production and getting a lot of press. Still, it's very impressive.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts

admin said:
If unique new visitors to a website were any indication, I'd have to say the Enclave is getting more attention right now, based on my forum stats. Obviously, acadiaforum.net gets TON more page views, since it has 8 times the number of users, but I can also keep track of first time unique visitors and enclaveforum.net is currently pulling in THREE times the number of those as the acadiaforum! Now maybe that has something to do with it just about to enter production and getting a lot of press. Still, it's very impressive.
I HAVE POSTED THE WEBSITE ADDY IN OTHER FORUMS...HOPE ITS OK....

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Absolutely! The more members we can get here, the better the information and conversations will be! All I ask is that you guys abide by other forums rules regarding links and try not to spam a site with multiple posts.

·
Registered
148 Posts

admin said:
The assembly line only moves so fast. Don Willem (a member who works at the plant) said they can produce about 17,520, without overtime. They have to decide how to divide those up between 3 cars now, instead of two. I believe the percentages he gave were

50% Acadia
30% Enclave
20% Outlook

Adding an extra car to the assembly line doesn't change how many they can produce in a given time period.
I recently read an article where the Buick will be the lowest production vehicle of the three Lambdas. I do remember reading that the Acadia would be about 50%...but maybe the Outlook at 30% and the Enclave at 20%. I'll try to find that article and link it up.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts

That production schedule doesn't seem to add up. 17500 * 20% = 3,500. With 9,000 preorders waiting for production and 3,500 Enclaves produced each month - GM is extremely behind in production of the Enclave. They really should increase production of the Enclave - at least temporarily.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts