EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI.....

I just checked the Donlen web site for production updates on GM vehicles. It shows the Enclave with a "new" production delay added.

They have been showing the White Diamand Tri coat and the Luxery Package as "may increase lead time by 2-4 weeks.

Today they added a third.......7 passenger seating configuration (ABB) ...may increase lead time by 2-4 weeks due to demand exceeding supplier production capability.

Just thought I'd share this information.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
If it's not one thing, it's another..........signs of a popular vehicle.
Not only can GM not produce them fast enough, but if there are not enough parts from an outside supplier, it causes more delays.
Good luck to all of you still waiting.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not surprising, as the captain's chairs were A MAJOR selling point for us...Not many crossovers even offer them, and I know several people who are seriously considering this vehicle for that exact same reason (these are Volvo and BMW drivers who want the 3rd row access without being a mini-van).

Really sorry, though, for those awaiting this configuration. :'(

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Just when things seemed to have started to pick up some with shorter wait times etc. :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
So if we had a build date for this week, are these delay's relevant to us?[/color] :poke:

·
Registered
12 Posts
lisaoleary said:
Not surprising, as the captain's chairs were A MAJOR selling point for us...Not many crossovers even offer them, and I know several people who are seriously considering this vehicle for that exact same reason (these are Volvo and BMW drivers who want the 3rd row access without being a mini-van).

Really sorry, though, for those awaiting this configuration. :'(
Which crossover doesn't offer captains chairs? The tribecca, pacifica, outlook, acadia, vericruz and I think even the CX-9 offer captains chairs in the 2nd row.
I, personally hard my mind set on the Pacifica for my wifes next car, she wanted an Acadia, or Outlook and I didn't see a point in spending so much extra money on one of them when the Pacifica was a more refined vehicle (in my opinion) Fortunately I was able to FINALLY convince her to look at an Enclave (she thought they were ugly from the pictures we had found online).. Now we're getting ready to order, it's going to be FOREVER isn't it..?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
MightyMouse said:
Which crossover doesn't offer captains chairs? The tribecca, pacifica, outlook, acadia, vericruz and I think even the CX-9 offer captains chairs in the 2nd row.
I, personally hard my mind set on the Pacifica for my wifes next car, she wanted an Acadia, or Outlook and I didn't see a point in spending so much extra money on one of them when the Pacifica was a more refined vehicle (in my opinion) Fortunately I was able to FINALLY convince her to look at an Enclave (she thought they were ugly from the pictures we had found online).. Now we're getting ready to order, it's going to be FOREVER isn't it..?
Yes, although the wait times have been much less as of late. Those of us who ordered earlier seemed to wait the longest. People were ordering 1 1/2 months later than I and had got theirs before I got mine. Just plan on 8-12 weeks and now with the impending strike, who knows...As has been suggested on other posts, you may be better off searching delaler inventories to see if there is something that matches what you want in your area if you don't want to wait this long for one. I waiting 14 1/2 weeks for mine and was close to pulling the plug from frustration, but when I did get it I loved it and was happy I waited.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, the GM employees are striking again.. That's one of the main reasons I don't want to buy a GM. I hate the thought of supporting those A-O <-- that's a hole..
They want and want and want and then get pissed when the plant they work in closes down.. Do they really think all the pay and benefits they get are normal compared to most hard working Americans?
.. I get Supplier discounts on almost every car..
the pacifica has a 3-4,000 markup and is still less than the GMC and Saturn.. Both of which only have a 1-2000 markup at best.. GM can't afford to lower their car prices because of how much they pay these clowns.. it sickens me....
Sorry.. had to rant..

I think I'll do just that.. search the areas around here..

·
Registered
120 Posts
juglake said:
They have been showing the White Diamand Tri coat and the Luxery Package as "may increase lead time by 2-4 weeks.

Today they added a third.......7 passenger seating configuration (ABB) ...may increase lead time by 2-4 weeks due to demand exceeding supplier production capability.
Feel very fortunate to get ours in the time frame that we did.

·
Registered
154 Posts

My apologies - I should have listed the crossovers that were in the running for me (and a couple friends I have looking for new cars right now). None of the ones you listed are included (well, the acadia/outlook, but that is a moot point as i consider them almost the same car). I am talking the Acura MDX, Volvo XC90, Audi Q7, Mercedes GL450, Lexus RX350, Infiniti Fx35, and on the truck side - The Toyota Highlander (08 do have removeable 20 middle), and Honda Pilot.

None of the cars you listed were considerations for us. Thanks, though - you are right that there are some other options...

Lisa

1 - 10 of 10 Posts