EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an 03 MDX that's lease is up next month. We are about 90% sure we aren't going to another MDX - the CX-9 has pretty much convinced me it that feature for feature it is similar, yet better value than the MDX.

But, if we decie we want somehing with the strength's the Enclave has to offer, well then . . . .

Here's the deal - I can get an 07 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring for about $35 - $36, nicely equipped. I think a 48 month leaseshould be right around $500 or just a little above. I haven't tried to deal on a CXL Enclave - the dealer I spoke with said - "Oh, Enclave's are in such hot demand there is no discounting and there are no incentives". I have not begun to try to shop pricing or lease rates at all among other Colorado dealers. If I go to Buick and search for Enclaves around Denver there appear to be a fair number around in both CXL and CX trim.

Here is a question - what do you think the best deal is I could get on a CXL? And, what incentives have you all been able to get from GM/Buick? DO you think I could get a CXL for $37k or $38k?

If I can't get a CXL below $40k, how many of you have gone with a CX? I haven't seen a CX yet. Any regrets? I kind of have a hard time thinking about cloth seats in an Enclave when the Enclave's very persona shouts "I am all about beauty and LUXURY!"

I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Steve

·
Registered
39 Posts
Different criteria for different people.

I don't think there will be deals on a vehicle that is just coming out, in short supply now, and in high demand. THis may change when they add a 3rd shift in a few weeks.

Check out a tour of the Delta Township Enclave plant on you tube.

Do you want a vehicle made in Hiroshima, Japan, or one in Lansing, Michigan, USA?

Some people don't care, but some do.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything else being equal (realizing the vehicles themselves have pros and cons), I would prefer an American built car.

But, I am certainly not going to:

1) Pay more (unoless the vehicle is worth more)
2) Obtain a "not so great" financing deal (from what I hear GM is offering no special financing incentives right now)
3) Put up with "attitude" at the dealership. When I drove the Enclave the other day the guy I called originally said he would call me right back and I eventually just drove down their about 6 hrs later. And, after I drove it (Wednesday) he said he would call me back yesterday after he had time to review what was coming in and whether it fit what I was looking for - no phone call. I am not going to give up after only one dealership - there are differences in dealerships (There is one BMW dealership and one Acura dealership in Denver that I think have poor "attitudes" as well

My priorityis not:
1) Amercian made
2) Value

It is:
1) Value
2) American made

I started driving BMWs in the mid 80s to early 90s when I could no longer make the above equation work for American cars. I am willing (wanting) to make it work in the favor of American cars again, and I am willing to go the extra mile - let's see how well I do trying another Enclave dealership this weekend!

Thx, Steve

buickguy said:
Different criteria for different people.

I don't think there will be deals on a vehicle that is just coming out, in short supply now, and in high demand. THis may change when they add a 3rd shift in a few weeks.

Check out a tour of the Delta Township Enclave plant on you tube.

Do you want a vehicle made in Hiroshima, Japan, or one in Lansing, Michigan, USA?

Some people don't care, but some do.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
do what makes ya happy.... but i will say this, the buick dealers who are trying to stiff the customers had better get their heads outta their butts and stop w/the no deals this is such a hot car crap.... guess they are not paying attention to the dow lately. it continues to amaze me how some of the dealers are acting.... gm had better put their foot down and let these dealers know that they had better get it together.

·
Registered
148 Posts
MsS42 said:
do what makes ya happy.... but i will say this, the buick dealers who are trying to stiff the customers had better get their heads outta their butts and stop w/the no deals this is such a hot car crap.... guess they are not paying attention to the dow lately. it continues to amaze me how some of the dealers are acting.... gm had better put their foot down and let these dealers know that they had better get it together.
What are you talking about? The Fed is saving these banks from going under...and the market is flying :cheers:

Come Monday, it will be back down another couple hundred points. Consumer confidence right now is GM's worse nightmare. People are up to their eyeballs in debt, the economy is taking a breather (but the media will act like the sky is falling), and the housing market where people were using their homes as ATMs are no longer appreciating. Salaries are stagnant, gas prices remain high...so I don't see the car market doing so well for the next 12-18 months. I still wouldn't expect any incentives on the Lambdas though. Demand is just still insanely high for the Acadia and Enclave.

·
Registered
249 Posts
There are four Buick dealers here in Vegas. When we asked about GM Supplier discount, the first one we went to said that program was "on-hold" for this vehicle. The second dealer we went to were taking it so we ordered from them. The other two we didn't bother since we were happy with the deal. We got it $1k above MSRP - GM Supplier - Conquest (maybe) - trade in. We got everything on the our Black CXL except the cargo, trailing, and chrome wheels. Out the door without the Conquest and trade in, it totalled to $44K with taxes and fees. I think the taxes and all the fees are about $3k. For the last few months, we've been calling dealers in CA and AZ trying to get the same vehicle hoping they have it in their inventory (no luck). Out of 12 dealers that I've called, only two would take the GM Supplier discount, and none would budge out of the MSRP. I think we've got a fair deal. Now let's hope the dealer don't start changing the deal when the vehicle comes in.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Depending on what you want in your Enclave, you may be able to get a base CXL for that price. The base does come with some bells and whistles like a power liftgate and xenon headlamps, 19" wheels, leather seats, heated mirrors and front seats and turn by turn driving direction via OnStar etc. AWD will add another 2K if you like to add that, Aside from entertainment packages, the other two pkgs i.e, lux and driver confidence could be added around $1400. Not to mention better warranty.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You can definately get a CXL for around $37k-$38k. I am! You just wont be able to get AWD or Navigation system. However, you can get pretty much every other option and still come in at that price.

·
Registered
122 Posts
MsS42 said:
The dealers won't quit with the hot car stuff because there is still demand. So what if the DOW went down, most people don't fund their car purchases from sale of stock or mutual funds unless you are retired. If you have to worry about affording a $40K dollar car you should not be buying a $40K car. That's how some American's have gotten into trouble financially... buying houses or living a lifestyle beyond their means. There is no free lunch.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I am in the same boat, althought I have started to like the features of the Navigation systems, such as POI, it has a great list of restaurants and of course ATMs, Gas stations etc, and best thing is, it has their phone numbers as well and with a press of a button you can call them right from your OnStar phone service!

I also like that you can hit avoid button while on-route incase you hit traffic or road closure and system will find an alternate route.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
real cool... i love toys :thumb:

·
Registered
40 Posts
With turn by turn you don't really need navigation. I actually prefer it to the maps. Less distracting.
Onstar turn by turn won't keep you from backing up and hitting a kid... the visibility out the rear is terrible and the rear beeping is not all that reliable.

When you input an address, the Nav system lets you pick the route, "Shortest, Fastest, Other" and it shows you on the map with color coded lines so you can see where it's going to take you. I really like that feature...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
BoyMom said:
Onstar turn by turn won't keep you from backing up and hitting a kid... the visibility out the rear is terrible and the rear beeping is not all that reliable.

When you input an address, the Nav system lets you pick the route, "Shortest, Fastest, Other" and it shows you on the map with color coded lines so you can see where it's going to take you. I really like that feature...
:ditto:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts