EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/subaru-three-row-crossover-spy-shots/#slide-4718482

To my eyes....and with the camo.....it's got a fair amount of Dodge Durango in the side profile (though the front fascia looks blockier). I've also been reading its size will put it square up against the Explorer and Enclave; both of which we all know can (and do) comfortably exceed $50K these days. I'd be shocked beyond belief if Subie approached that pricing level for a brand new concept.

Loaded Honda Pilots sticker for something in the $47-48 range; I guess I assume that's where the Ascent Limited (or whatever it'll be called) will fall out.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
It really just looks like a bigger tribeca.... at first it looks like a bigger forrester but the more I look at it it really just looks like a bigger tribeca

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I looks a lot like a bigger version of the 2008-2014 Tribeca. The original 2006-2007 had a ton more style in my opinion; liked by some and hated by many. My first model year 2006 Tribeca is still going strong after almost 11 years and 146,000 miles of use. Some folks have recently asked me if my Tribeca is a new car. It was far ahead of its time in styling, and stayed off most folks' radar (sadly for Subaru) so it is "new to them".

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I honestly respect Subaru as a whole. But I honestly just feel like they could of done more in the styling department. Really sad that the Legacy looks like a vanilla though.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I agree. Subaru has usually placed function over styling, sort like the way Toyota has generally emphasized reliability over styling. However, more cars than ever are stylish, so plain vanilla looks are starting to negatively impact Subaru's sellability, in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GoldEnclave said:
I agree. Subaru has usually placed function over styling, sort like the way Toyota has generally emphasized reliability over styling. However, more cars than ever are stylish, so plain vanilla looks are starting to negatively impact Subaru's sellability, in my opinion.
I think it probably depends upon who Subaru defines as their main/key targets for the new unit.

If it's customers new to the brand, I'd probably agree. But if it's current Subaru loyalists/buyers looking for an upgrade path from the Outlook, then Ascent will likely do just fine. What I don't know is how many they want to sell annually, though I seriously doubt they're going to be chasing anything like 50K units (if, for no other reason, they're likely to be capacity-strapped in Lafayette).

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
wvuguy said:
I think it probably depends upon who Subaru defines as their main/key targets for the new unit.

If it's customers new to the brand, I'd probably agree. But if it's current Subaru loyalists/buyers looking for an upgrade path from the Outlook, then Ascent will likely do just fine. What I don't know is how many they want to sell annually, though I seriously doubt they're going to be chasing anything like 50K units (if, for no other reason, they're likely to be capacity-strapped in Lafayette).
I think that Subaru may start to lose some of of its loyal buyers due to its slip in reliability of late. I've owned 2 Subarus, but I didn't buy a third when I purchased my Audi last year due to the "plain vanilla" factor. My 2006 Tribeca runs circles around the current crop of Subarus regarding styling, in my opinion. With the slip in reliability, I'm just not interested any longer.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The only thing that's interesting was WRX and that's it.... the forrester, Impreza, legacy, outback are just vanilla.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts