EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came across a newsletter for the Local 602 UAW and in it they were addressing some concerns about the strike vote:

"At the June union meeting, the Shop Committee entered a motion to start negotiations and call a strike if necessary. Even though the membership approved that motion, that does NOT mean we are ready to strike on a moment’s notice. The first step in the Strike process is for our Election Committee to conduct a strike vote. Assuming a majority of the membership voted in favor of a strike, we would still have to get approval from the International UAW. Once approved by the membership and then the International UAW, we still have to give management notice of intent to strike. The membership would be notified of each step taken in the process and the results."

It also said that strike voting was to occur August 22nd - 23rd.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Then in the interest of all things good and holy (Enclave) we need to all think happy thoughts and say a prayer that the UAW and GM work out their differences today/tomorrow and does NOT vote to strike.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ccaats said:
Then in the interest of all things good and holy (Enclave) we need to all think happy thoughts and say a prayer that the UAW and GM work out their differences today/tomorrow and does NOT vote to strike.
I WAANT MYYYYYY CARRRRRRRRRR

·
Registered
577 Posts
You will only get it when you order it. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
FROM THE LOOKS OF THING YOU WONT GET IT THEN EITHER. LOL

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With any hope this is truely just a formality that they go through during contract renewals. From the sounds of it that is the case. I can not find anything that discusses or debates any cause for alarm of issues that can not be agreed upon.

Hopefully everyone is happy building Enclaves and there are no sticking points.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have stated this on other threads – but here goes again:

The call for a strike vote is simply a formality we go through every negotiations. It simply allows out Union, both local and international, to strike if they can not come to an agreement. If we were to vote no on the strike vote, our union would have to accept any offer management made no matter what.

But having said that: I have worked for GM/UAW for over 26 years and have never seen a more business savvy union. We know that our future and GM’s are one in the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts