EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone successfully use any conditioners that are good or should I stay away (is it coated? is it even leather at all)??? My wheel leather feels a little dry has some slight wrinkes.

·
Registered
681 Posts
You sound like your having very early detoration between your seats and steering wheel. Again I would suggest to contact your dealer about this as your particular Enclave may have been manufactured with poorly treated leather for your interior.

Again as in the other thread just clean it gently.

I used windex on mine just to get it clean and never had any problems

·
Registered
505 Posts
Re: Re: Leather on Steering Wheel

I've always used baby wipes (or sometimes those little window cleaning wipes). Gets all the hand oil out without being too harsh.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I use "Simple Green" cleaner on the steering wheel (and a TON of other places -- it's great stuff!). Just spray it onto a rag then rub the wheel rim, center, and buttons. It removes all the hand oil easily and safely.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just use a simply leather cleaner/conditioner like Surf City Garage Voodoo Blend. Available at Walmart and won't dry out your leather like a degreaser will

·
Registered
986 Posts
I use Adam's products and I am very happy with the results. This site has a tremendous variety of products that all work very well. Plus each product comes with a video that show how to use them in the proper way to maximize their effectiveness. There's even a video where he uses the leather and interior cleaner on a dirty Enclave rental car. He cleans the Enclave leather seats and steering wheel in the video. There's a leather conditioner to use afterwards. I use many of his products when detailing my vehicles.

CT

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-830-adams-leather-interior-care-kit.aspx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Till now I always use simple leather cleaner/conditioner and not used any other before. But now I wanted to use the baby wipes because the oil is easily removed form hands by using it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Just remember alcohol in baby wipes, window cleaners, etc can dry out the leather to the point of cracking. A good leather cleaner or a towel dampened with hot water is wayyyy better to use.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I have a different question regarding steering wheel leather. Is it possible to restore the satin-like new leather finish after it becomes glossy from use?

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
I have a different question regarding steering wheel leather. Is it possible to restore the satin-like new leather finish after it becomes glossy from use?
The leather on my Enclaves' steering wheel has become quite shiny in some spots. The same has happened to my Tribeca's steering wheel. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove the shine from the leather? ???

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
And, also the steering wheel in my Tribeca.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
And, also the steering wheel in my Tribeca.

:popcorn:
400 grit sandpaper ???

·
Registered
123 Posts
Leatherique is very popular with the Rolls, Bentley and Jaguar enthusiasts. I have personally used the Pristine Clean by itself and removed the gloss finish from leather. Never tried their Rejuvenator Oil. Link below.

http://www.autogeek.net/leprcl.html

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
Paul K. said:
Leatherique is very popular with the Rolls, Bentley and Jaguar enthusiasts. I have personally used the Pristine Clean by itself and removed the gloss finish from leather. Never tried their Rejuvenator Oil. Link below.

http://www.autogeek.net/leprcl.html
Thanks! I'll check it out. :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts