EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 enclave
This past winter i realized that driving at night during falling snow was very difficult due to the LED strip above the headlights really lighting up the snow in the air. Is there a way to turn off just the LED strips during snow driving?

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
That's an interesting observation. I never would have thought of that, but it makes sense.

Since I don't have an Enclave with LEDs, I am completely unfamiliar with the control settings and options.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Goldenclave, Anyone else more familiar with the electrical system and settings?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I am so glad to have found this info. As I was having thoughts of a '13/14, that is something that I would find very annoying. and Have to figure out a way to run some sort of line to a DIY mounted switch to be able to turn them off.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I can only speak for my 2014 but those LEDs serve as your DRLs (daylight running lights) and once the headlights turn on they remain lighted but at a reduced intensity. I can see how they may cause problem under certain circumstances such as the OP's but short of adding some sort of on\off switch I don't know what you could do with them. I don't think DRLs are require in the U.S. so I guess they could be permanently disabled. I don't know for sure but I imagine there are fuses that could be pulled disabling them but that, IMO, would sure distract from a great appearance.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I know this won't help directly but I know in other vehicles (audi) you can get into the data system and readjust/reprogram the DRL level.

I am not aware of a way to get into the GM programming besides at the dealer, and then you need to find a tech that is willing to play to find the correct value to change to reduce the brightness of your DRL when your normal lights are turned on. You can start at your dealership but most dealers will have zero interest in thinking outside the box.

Thanks for posting your issue with the DRL, first time I have heard of this issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
timmy
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing