EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I enjoyed all the great pix with this article. Isn't it just STUNNING. I just really love my Enclave. I think I have said that on these forums like a 100 times now. Do I need :help:?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Great review! And after reading I browsed LLN's comment section and had to chime in to those spewing FUD on the board. Here's what I wrote...

[QUOTE = tripleonefive]GM has failed to make a product to compete with the Japanese. Its a good truck if you buy GM or americans but no CUV SUV TUV HIV buyer who is in an import will switch to this.[/QUOTE]

No? Well, I'd have to say your wrong on this notion…as I did have an import, and have made the switch to the Buick Enclave.

Interesting that you are so quick to pass judgement on such a fine vehicle when you don't own one yourself. Have you at the very least taken a look at the Enclave in person yourself? Taken it for a test drive? If you did, I seriously doubt you'd be stating such harsh criticism.

[QUOTE = tripleonefive]LLN is not supposed to do advertising and especially not for some old man retirement Buick. It would be nice if GM make 18 models of the same car. This car hasnt proven itself with quality and NO and I mean NO import buyer would even consider this thing oover a Pilot or Highlander. Even if they thought it looked better its still a just a GM.[/QUOTE]

LLN is hardly doing any advertising. You're stating such simply on the presumption that the review didn't contain enough negatives for you, and make no mistake there were negatives in that review, but overall, they gave the Enclave its rightful praise. And yes, as an import buyer, I chose this vehicle over the Pilot, as the Honda Pilot was nothing more than a simple rebadge of last year's model, and it appears next year's model is even more boxy than the current model. So, if traveling in a box on wheels is your idea of a sweet ride, to each his own. I'll take the aerodynamic, sleek, and futuristicly designed Enclave any day over the Pilot or the Highlander for that matter any day.

[QUOTE = seanm415]I would venture to guess that if someone mapped the demographic bkgd of all the people responding on this thread, all of the positive responders would represent Buick's ACTUAL current audience, and all of the negative responders would represent Buick's TARGET audience. How many single, 25-35 year olds buy Buicks as opposed to Lexus'???[/QUOTE]

I would venture to say that you are simply labeling Buick's audience. Visit www.enclaveforum.net and you'll soon realize that Buick has done one **** of a job of selling the Enclave to 25-35 year olds. And more accurately, I am a positive responder who actually owns the vehicle and am in the 25-35 year old demographic you so quickly think won't buy a Buick as opposed to a Lexus. Frankly, I know a LOT of 25-35 year olds who are willing to keep $5,000 to $10,000 dollars in their pocket and purchase a Buick who has reliability ratings on par with Lexus according to JD Power.

Conclusively, I just want to let you all know that the Buick Enclave is all the review stated it was and more. The vehicle is simply awesome. A stunning exterior, a smooth ride, and a luxurious interior. So if any here would actually like to ask any questions to an owner of a Cocoa Metallic CXL with Ebony interior for some real feedback and educated opinions rather than FUD spewed from anti-american-car haters, I'd be glad to answer them.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Excellent. I think I will do the same since I traded in a pilot which was a rattle trap for my Enclave. Interestingly as well, I bought the pilot for its mpg rating, and I am GETTING BETTER MPG with my Enclave in the same driving!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Well said marzetta! :thumb:

I think some of you are beginning to see why I don't ever want to be seen driving an import. It's guys like these who have such a distorted view of anything American that turn me off to imports. I have grown tired of being "judged" by others because I drive American cars as being "uneducated" or "ignorant" when I think just the opposite is true. I also have tired of having my well-maintained, high mileage used American car be UNDERVALUED so much compared to an equivalently maintained import. This has only happened because of the mis-guided and falsely reported "reliability reports" by such publications as Consumer Reports, etc. It is because of so much false journalism that morons like these have such a warped view against anything American made. People like that have a "follow the crowd" mentality and they can't think for themselves or reach an "objective" conclusion about anything.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
ccaats said:

This has only happened because of the mis-guided and falsely reported "reliability reports" by such publications as Consumer Reports, etc. It is because of so much false journalism that morons like these have such a warped view against anything American made. People like that have a "follow the crowd" mentality and they can't think for themselves or reach an "objective" conclusion about anything.
I've been complaining about this for years. A good example I gave at the time was a Toyota Corolla vs. a Geo Prizm. They were the same car, built on the same line, by the same people. Guess which car was rated higher by Consumer Reports?

I ran a 1992 Dodge Grand Caravan for 13-1/2 years and put 193k miles on it with ZERO issues except routine maintenance. The person I sold it to just junked it out this spring with 220k on it and all he did was drive it. It would still be on the road if he had maintained the cooling system and not cracked the head gasket. Reliability has a lot to do with how well a vehicle is taken care of. Knock on wood, I've not purchased a bad vehicle yet.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
You know, I was a foriegn car guy since the 70's. Those of you who know me from this site know that this is my first American made car since then. The people on the LLN are idiots for their comments. There is nothing in that review that is not true. Why can't they just accept that it is a great car that therefore received a great review?????? That is what I did, when I started seeing great review after great review, I felt I should look at this vehicle. they really are just dismissing it because it is a Buick which shows their ignorance. They have not driven it or even seen it in person, so how can they intelligently make any comments about the review. If they drove it or owned it and thought it was a piece of crap, they could at least state their opinions however invalid they may be. But to just come out and acuse the LLN as being paid off, eff them. It takes all of their credibility away.

My pilot got worse mpg, was smaller, had rattle after rattle, the back seat trim fell off after a week, the windows rattled, the turn signal shorted out taking 6 trips to the dealer and a Honda engineer to fix it, and my nav system stopped working once, all in the first 8 months of ownership. My Enclave is BEAUTIFUL and quiet, no rattles, getting great MPG and I am not 70 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
VERY well said bsox........I am very proud of you! :thumb: :thumb: :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
ccaats said:

I think some of you are beginning to see why I don't ever want to be seen driving an import. It's guys like these who have such a distorted view of anything American that turn me off to imports. I have grown tired of being "judged" by others because I drive American cars as being "uneducated" or "ignorant" when I think just the opposite is true. I also have tired of having my well-maintained, high mileage used American car be UNDERVALUED so much compared to an equivalently maintained import. This has only happened because of the mis-guided and falsely reported "reliability reports" by such publications as Consumer Reports, etc. It is because of so much false journalism that morons like these have such a warped view against anything American made. People like that have a "follow the crowd" mentality and they can't think for themselves or reach an "objective" conclusion about anything.
Thanks, and yeah I don't get it either. To me, if the vehicle has a great design and fantastic build quality, it doesn't matter to me if it is from Japan, Korea, Germany, or from America. Quality is quality...and the Buick Enclave is simply put, quality. The fact that it is built by Americans and sales benefit America to me, is simply bonus for our economy. ;D

·
Registered
154 Posts
i think reading the comments section of this review (and others) is like banging your head against a wall...just take a look at the frequent use of expletives and the grammar -- no need to even waste your time..just my 2 cents...the debates on the edmunds board, or others like it are at least a little smarter, even if the foreign car bias is still evident.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The legitimate faults noted (heavy and therefore slow off the line, not-quite-luxe-enough interior) are acceptable and well-known to this board.

But one notable flaw was conspicuous by its absence from this review:

Adding to the Enclave's drivetrain is a silky six-speed automatic that features a manual shift control. When in manual mode, the transmission allows you to select and hold a gear, whether for spirited driving or a stretch of uphill road. Overall, the powertrain works very well.
The lambda power train is "silky" and "works very well"? The car was driven "recently", and the review was posted October 5. Apparently a serious design issue encountered by early lambda test drivers and owners is not evident on a current production vehicle!

I hope that the Milford proving ground includes a steep grade. Does anyone know?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts