EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've been been hanging out reading up on this friendly and informative board for the past 2 months and finally decided to join in. First, let me introduce myself...my husband and I are in our mid/late 30's. We live in a a city 20 min's outside of Seattle, WA. We have a 2 year old and a 1 year old. He drives a 2004 G35 coupe and I drive a 2004 BMW 3 series coupe. Yes, a coupe, so somebody had to trade in their sports car right. Well, that would be me..(I've already talked to my car, preparing it and me for the sad day). After cheering in the NFL for 10 years straight, I told myself once we had a family I would "never" drive a car that wasn't "classy and cool." Well, after looking at all sorts of dif't luxury SUV's, and test driving all 3 Lamdas I fell in love w/the Enclave. I found it to have almost everything my BMW has, minus rain sensors (which we will have installed aftermarket, along w/the venture shield and the Buick Emblem and Letters on the doors..love the look created by Smokin SRX). My husband, who's never been an SUV fan, has come over to the dark side and has jumped on my bandwagon. Either that or he got tired of me making him put our little ones in and out of the backseat so he could see how tough it was. So, to make a long story short, after doing due dilligence we started the email negotiating process last night (ordered our current cars this way), so we're keeping our fingers crossed for some decent and friendly negotiating. Our order is going to be an almost fully loaded FWD CXL, White Opal/Cashmere Int. Capt Chairs, Ent#4, Conv, Lux, Driv Conf, Cargo Conv Pack's, Rear Console, but no Trailer or Eng Heater. We're hoping for the Chrome Pack but don't know yet if Washington State qualifies as an adjacent area.

Told hubby I would like it ordered by the 1st of Nov so wish us luck that we get a great deal. I have seen the same 2, a cocoa and a red jewel driving around neighboring cities..I am hoping to have the first Opal making it's debut.

So as I mentioned earlier..."Let Get Ready to Rumble!!" :blob:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Newgal -- You will not be disappointed. We have had ours now for about 2.5K miles, and we are in love with it...On top of that, we have people stopping us all the time to take a look, and tell us they want one, but don't know anybody that has one....It happend today at the school fall festival - we gave a Enclave tour on our way out....

It drives like a luxury sedan, and has the room of a Tahoe, with captain's chair access to the third row -- There is nothing like it -- congrats on your decision - you will be SO HAPPY!!!

Lisa

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you want to order by Nov 1 and/or want access to the third row as Lisa recommends, you'll have to skip the rear console. Use the space for diaper bags, backpacks, car toys, whatever.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lisa,
Thanks so much for the comments. I think it's hilarious that people stopped you to give them a tour. When the Acadia's and Outlooks first came out, I did the same thing, followed two people and they gave me the tour. To be honest I don't think I would be to friendly/trusthworthy if somebody followed me in my new Enclave but if we were around a bunch of people maybe I'd give them a sneak peak. I know how they feel, you can barely find the Enclave's on the lot, let alone on the roads to get a good look. I got very lucky when I got to test drive one. But in my opinion, the less there are on the road the better. I'm glad you love yours...2.5k miles, it's just a baby!

PrairieWind - Second role console is a must for us. Not having immediate access to the rear seats is the least of our concern, we want storage! The more storage I have for my 2 beautiful, but very messy angels, the better. It's a great place for toys, snacks and the wireless headsets. Maybe I could even fit a small mini Shark Vac in there for those dreaded Cheerios and cracker spills.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have been following since it was a concept and I finally ordered this month. I have ordered with the second console. My 2 year old loves to enter on the driver door jump over the console to his car sit. I never see the console as a big obstacle for kids to access the third row. We have 2 kids so is no need for them to sit in the third row too often.
I tried the email comunication to buy the Enclave and I did not get very far. I had a supplier price and nobody in the area,where they add 4999 market adjutment to MSRP, wanted to order for me. On dealer told me on the phone that he will do it supposed to call me back on Fri but never did. Looks like Enclave is a hot vehicle, supply is low so dealers want MSRP or even 5 K over. I ordered from a different state with a drop ship fee.
Good luck to you on your negotiation. It is not a easy task.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Arifan, Congratulations on your order. Sorry you didn't get a good response via email. So far we've gotten a few nibbles considering we sent out some emails late last night. I agree w/your comments on the console. Interesting you mentioned "Supplier Pricing." I will be starting w/a new company on the 5th of Nov and GM Motors is on their list of discount perks so you can be sure I'll be making some phone calls on Monday to find out what that's all about. Also sorry to hear the dealers in your area weren't too kind and you had to head out of state for your purchase. Just in case things get ugly, if you don't mind me asking, how much was the drop ship fee and what state did you end of ordering from? I'm assuming if you're my neighboring state, the pricing if probably pretty close if we had to go that route.
Thank you for wishing us luck. Bless my husband, he will be doing all the negotiating. I pretty much told him what I wanted and he's taking care of it. Anyways, it's better he deals w/these dealers. I've got a latin temper and have a strong sales background so that's probably not a good combination when it comes to negotiating.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ordered the Enclave from his birth state. The drop ship is 500 at a dealer 10 min away. It is the same dealer that had the 4999 market adjustment price.

·
Registered
612 Posts
arifan said:
I ordered the Enclave from his birth state. The drop ship is 500 at a dealer 10 min away. It is the same dealer that had the 4999 market adjustment price.
The dealer agreed to accept the delivery? Why would they do that?

p.s My neighbor, a sales manager at a Dodge and Kia dealer helped me buy an Enclave. When I told him I was planning a "FAX attack" on five dealers (possibly using carbargains.com) he said.. "I throw those faxes in the trash"... He is full of vinegar, but did help me get a deal from one of his Buick sales manager buddies across the highway..

·
Registered
37 Posts
The person that got me the deal, a friend of my brother, had arranged the drop ship. They will make 500$ and a doc fee. Better than nothing and chance for then to add-on.I will see how things will go when the car will get here.

·
Registered
225 Posts
newgal & arifan,

If a dealer is taking orders for the 2nd row console, or has one the display floor, that would be big news to readers of this forum. Last we heard, the console has been delayed (again) to early next year. (See http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=1036.0, http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=1244.0, and others).

I think the console adds a touch of class, and fills in the hole between the seats when they are folded down to extend the cargo "floor". But its clamshell design doesn't appear to provide a lot of storage. I expect a large box or "tote bag" between the seats would be a more practical solution. (Just as the front console provides a nice concealed cubby, but you couldn't use it as a diaper bag!)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I did order the second row console in october 11th. I was like you, wondering if that was possible and dealer told me that he had one on the lot with the console. Told me that that if there will be any delays is because they of the lack of 2nd row leather captain chairs and wheels for AWD. He told me that 2 days before was confirmed on this forum that there are delays on CXL.
I have not pushed for any updates because I do not need the car until begining of December. He promised me that I will have it by Dec and I trust him.

·
Registered
52 Posts
We had waited and waited to order the 2nd row console and after reading about all the problems we decided to order without on 10/26/07 .... Cocoa Metallic AWD, Ent Pkg #4, no sunroofs, 19"chrome wheels, driver & lux pkgs, trailer pkg, and for $500 over invoice. Now time will not go by fast enough until we get it. Congrats to all on purchases .... hope to post pix whenever we get our baby.... lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Arifan,
I can't believe those dumb dums would rather hold out for more $$ and not offer you "supplier pricing" and then on top of that turn around and accept the $500 drop ship. Geesh! You're nicer than me, I wouldn't have given them any business whatsoever. In any case, I hope you get your car by Dec, including the center console!

·
Registered
225 Posts
arifan said:
I did order the second row console October 11th ... dealer told me that he had one on the lot with the console. He promised me that I will have it by Dec and I trust him.
Sounds like he took the order during the brief period that the option appeared on the Buick website. Its not a matter of trusting the dealer; if Lansing subsequently set the build rate for that option at 0%, you're in for a wait. Keep us informed, you may be the first member to get one!

So, did you actually get to play with the console he had on the lot? If so, you might post your observations to the sticky thread on the subject. Does it offer the storage newgal seeks? (Steve Allen would ask: is it bigger than a breadbox?)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts