EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any input on how this engine performs.It being a 60 deg.v-6 does it like to rev,does it come on strong from 2500 on up.This is the same engine in the caddy cts,correct.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I think it's the same as the '04-07 bigger Caddy CTS engine, (little one was a 2.8L) but I know for sure it hits max torque (and it needs it!) at about an excellent 3200 RPM. Peek HP is more like 6600 RPM! Durability is good according to caddy owners, but I'm switching to full Syntec oil on 2nd oil change! One extra MPG, better cooler/hotter engine starts and only change oil every 7500-9500 miles (as DIC Oil Life Monitor indicated ,in the SRX I had!) Oil always came out smooth and healthy looking. Always do the filter!!

·
Registered
743 Posts
I was wondering if the Syntec had any effect on the Warranty ? I have a friend that swears by it. He even sells it. I might look into it. Take care.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Smokin',

Don't forget doing the tranny at the proper time. A real key to long life.

Galen

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Syntec oil exceeds manufacturers requirements, so no impact on warranty. Just better mileage/performance. And yes, tranny fluid change is by the manual (think it is at 70K miles? Have to check manual) But also very CRITICAL w/all newer GM autos (and others) is anti-freeze/radiator fluid change.

The GM Dex-cool antifreeze installed at factory is sometimes called Dex-Kill, by mechanics!! It works great, but if you don't change it at 40-50K miles or 4 years (whatever comes first) it becomes highly acidic and corrodes gaskets,waterpumps and the radiator itself. Also gets very sludgy. COMPLETE flush needed and it only takes about 30 minutes! No need to get crazy and remove freeze-out plugs or anything........just a good, thorough flush!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Good idea, Smokin,

Fluid changes are so important and saves so much in cost and down time. I hate walking!

Galen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts