EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I loaded some stuff into my lift gate this morning, closed it with the fob, drove 2 hours, get to my destination and can't open the lift gate. Fob, console switch, and button on the door have no reaction.

Same thing when vehicle off or on. Nothing on DIC. I have not checked for blown fuse yet. Is there anything else to check?

It's -30F outside this morning, so I'd like to be as efficient as possible with troubleshooting!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
if you NEED to get to the back...

and you can move some stuff out of the way...

Youll have to crawl into the back via the rear doors--
At the bottom of the tailgate--- there is a little access hole.
It has a plastic cap that you can pop off.

Use your finger, screwdriver or something to poke... this should release the mechanism--- to allow you to push open the tailgate...

this is my traverse.. but your E should be similar..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip on the emergency open, I got it open with that.

Update: When I have my head under the passenger side dash and hitting the open button on the fob I can hear a relay clicking faintly. I changed the fuse, I also confirmed that the power mirrors work (it appears they are on the same circuit)
What's the next troubleshooting step?

Also, was someone wearing their bad idea jeans when they placed the fuse box? Firstly, requires a tool to open, secondly, requires a contortionist to access, thirdly, any fuses being removed/replaced are quite liable to fall down behind the carpet. I'm 2/3 so far...

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
chris_s said:
thanks for the tip on the emergency open, I got it open with that.

Update: When I have my head under the passenger side dash and hitting the open button on the fob I can hear a relay clicking faintly. I changed the fuse, I also confirmed that the power mirrors work (it appears they are on the same circuit)
What's the next troubleshooting step?

Also, was someone wearing their bad idea jeans when they placed the fuse box? Firstly, requires a tool to open, secondly, requires a contortionist to access, thirdly, any fuses being removed/replaced are quite liable to fall down behind the carpet. I'm 2/3 so far...
Been there, done that. It is also a pain to try to retrieve those minuscule little fuses from behind that outer wall carpeting. Dumbest **** place to put that fuse block and to use that small of a fuse in that area, too.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
rbarrios said:
if you NEED to get to the back...

and you can move some stuff out of the way...

Youll have to crawl into the back via the rear doors--
At the bottom of the tailgate--- there is a little access hole.
It has a plastic cap that you can pop off.

Use your finger, screwdriver or something to poke... this should release the mechanism--- to allow you to push open the tailgate...
Rbarrios to the rescue - AGAIN!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I may be stating the obvious here, but there's a power liftgate fuse in the under-hood fuse box. The only fuse under the dash that is tied to the liftgate module would be the Display fuse for the liftgate button backlighting.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttl35esq said:
I may be stating the obvious here, but there's a power liftgate fuse in the under-hood fuse box. The only fuse under the dash that is tied to the liftgate module would be the Display fuse for the liftgate button backlighting.
not at all obvious, I was unaware. I took a look at the fuse, it doesn't APPEAR blown, but I poked at it a bit. Did not have a tool handy to pull it. After I closed the hood I half-heartedly push the fob button again, and the bloody thing works.
nothing has changed, and I definitely tried it at least a dozen times earlier today, both before and after manually opening it.

So... hopefully it stays working? anyone else have any insight?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
maybe the door 'slamming' shut-- jarred an intermittent connection?

·
Registered
592 Posts
R.Barrios, thank you for that tip. One more thing I am going to file away until I need it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
chris_s said:
I took a look at the fuse, it doesn't APPEAR blown, but I poked at it a bit. Did not have a tool handy to pull it.
I would go back and remove that fuse and reinstall it...refresh the connection. And if it acts up again, replace it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WELL, liftgate is doing the same thing again. I can open it by poking the manual release. at one point while doing this I heard the latch motors activating. still no action on the RKE button or the dash button.
I watched a youtube video of someone who said theirs was fixed by putting the key into ACC position and then holding the RKE trunk button for 5s. Didn't seem to do it for me.
I'll see how it feels after it sits overnight. Always seems to happen when it's freezing cold out and I've got some bulky items I need to get out of the back!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't know anything about anything but 2 thoughts come to mind. 1) Is there anything pushing against the lift gate that might cause the latch(es) to jam? And 2) (sort of along the same lines) are both rubber bumpers (attached to the bottom corners of the lift gate) intact? If one is missing, it might cause the lift gate to become crooked. I'm thinking maybe, if the latch(es) are full of dirty grease (or no grease at all), it might not take much to keep them from releasing. A little bit of cold might be the final trigger.

·
Registered
448 Posts
WELL, liftgate is doing the same thing again. I can open it by poking the manual release. at one point while doing this I heard the latch motors activating. still no action on the RKE button or the dash button.
I watched a youtube video of someone who said theirs was fixed by putting the key into ACC position and then holding the RKE trunk button for 5s. Didn't seem to do it for me.
I'll see how it feels after it sits overnight. Always seems to happen when it's freezing cold out and I've got some bulky items I need to get out of the back!
By chance did you hit the dash button in the lower console or is something leaning against it? This switch disables the hatch from opening by the buttons?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
update...
dec 29 I had to take kids to hockey so I climb into the back and am about to pop the hatch with a screw driver, then decide to try the RKE button. it opens! so I take the screwdriver out of the back, load bags in, head off to arena. 20 minutes later I get there, NO OPEN! and no tools. so I have to drag the gear out through the front. fuses were all fine, nothing looked awry. definitely not the disable switch. I tried it again after reseating fuses, no luck.
had it parked for a few days, it was about 20f in my garage. figured I'd try the RKE button this morning, and sure enough it works like there was never anything wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have a fix for the lift gate not opening? We have a 2010 enclave that is doing just as described above! Frustrating!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome to the forum Booteranch. Unfortunately nobody has posted what the fix was, there may be other threads with the same problem if you want to search. Exactly what are your symptoms?

·
Registered
511 Posts
How cold is it when this happens? If it it frigid then maybe the gas pressure in the struts is too low to assist the gate. Please indicate if you hear the Motor attempting to open but the gate doesn't move. If this is the case then try to help it open as you push the button from the fob, or outside gate button.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts