EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Several times recently we've woken in the morning to find the liftgate cycling open until it hits the garage door. It'll then close, go through its latching noises, then reopen. The cycle repeats endlessly until the liftgate is put in manual mode and manually cycled open and closed. That'll keep it quiet for a few days. I've checked for obstructions, for damage to its various sensor surfaces, for ice and water. Nothing. Anyone seen anything like this?
Several times recently we've woken in the morning to find the liftgate cycling open until it hits the garage door. It'll then close, go through its latching noises, then reopen. The cycle repeats endlessly until the liftgate is put in manual mode and manually cycled open and closed. That'll keep it quiet for a few days. I've checked for obstructions, for damage to its various sensor surfaces, for ice and water. Nothing. Anyone seen anything like this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm experiencing this with my Enclave! I woke up many mornings to find my liftgate open. It has even opened while I was sitting in idle. Not sure if it's the liftgate button located at the back that's defaulting or the liftgate actuator? What did you do to fix the issue? Anyone?? Please and Thank You. I'm a Youtube mechanic lol since my warranty is expired.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Several times recently we've woken in the morning to find the liftgate cycling open until it hits the garage door. It'll then close, go through its latching noises, then reopen. The cycle repeats endlessly until the liftgate is put in manual mode and manually cycled open and closed. That'll keep it quiet for a few days.

I've checked for obstructions, for damage to its various sensor surfaces, for ice and water. Nothing.

Anyone seen anything like this?
Yes, mine just started doing
this today 6/12! I called to make a service appointment and they have no reports of this. What year and model is your Enclave? Mine is a 2018 Avenir.

·
Registered
2015 Enclave Leather.
669 Posts
Most likely the switch on the outside of the hatch, it may get water in there and with electronics all you need is a milliamp or two to trigger the input to the control module.
I used to put in garage door openers, all the time the customer would ask for a hidden outside switch. With relay logic the outside switch worked great, when they went to electronic controls, doors were opening by themselves. I had to ask the customer if it was raining when this happened, they usually said yes how did you know................
In the old days it was aircraft flying by which triggered the analog remote control receiver, then with the digital age that went away. Its always something, add a new feature and have more problems. Anyway, Water and electronics don't mix.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts