EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you on here know my story. To recap - I ordered an Enclave in Feb, had a TPW of 3/31, recieved a vin 4/9 and still do not have my car. My dealer finally admitted to me last week that he has no idea where my car is and it's anyone's guess when it will show up. He thinks it's most likely sitting on the lot at Lansing and won't be shipped until the strike is over. Last week I decided to look around for another Enclave. Of the few remaining around here that I found, the dealers are barely moving off of msrp (1000 - 1500 at most). On top of that, I'm forced to get a sunroof which I definitely don't want. So today I walked into a Mazda dealer and bought at CX-9 for $1000 under invoice and got it exactly as I wanted. I'm sure plenty of you on here won't agree with my decision. There are definitely pros and cons to this. But the bottom line is, I need a car asap and I can't sit back and wait day after day for this **** strike to end or have to pay more than I should for an Enclave because of scarce inventories. Not to mention that the CX-9 is a beautiful car. Thanks to everyone who provided their input over the past few months and for the great information on here. I'll still be posting from time to time I'm sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
I don't blame you at all. Sounds like you made a rational decision. The CX-9 is a nice vehicle - it was my 2nd choice behind the Acadia.

This is just another example of how the union is slowly killing their golden goose IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but happy for you that you got a nice vehicle.

My congrats go out to Local 602, another lost customer, keep up the good work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
The MAZDA CX-9 Is and awesome vehicle. I looked at it too. You have nothing to worry about. Enjoy your vehicle and kee in touch. I would have definitely done the same thing if I was in your position.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
I also liked the CX-9 but needed the third row walk though. I'm sure you will enjoy it and I still think the rear end looks very similar to the Enclave. Now have fun driving around singing the Zoom, Zoom Zoom commercial. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
GSEREP1 said:
The MAZDA CX-9 Is and awesome vehicle. I looked at it too. You have nothing to worry about. Enjoy your vehicle and kee in touch. I would have definitely done the same thing if I was in your position.
This was MY first choice as well, but alas the car is not for me -- I I don't get to make the call.
Especially since most of my reasoning was economic :)

m
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,999 Posts
Too bad you didn't consider the Acadia by GMC. Beautiful truck (sister to Enclave) little cheaper, almost as quiet, and pretty much same features available, especially On Star!

Hope the CX-9 serves you well! I rode in one and found it a bit more stiff riding and bit noisier, than the Gold standard Enclave. But, I liked it! And HEY,............ you tried!! :thumb: We'll get you next time ;)

Best wishes with it! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
Too bad you didn't consider the Acadia by GMC. Beautiful truck (sister to Enclave) little cheaper, almost as quiet, and pretty much same features available, especially On Star!

Hope the CX-9 serves you well! I rode in one and found it a bit more stiff riding and bit noisier, than the Gold standard Enclave. But, I liked it! And HEY,............ you tried!! :thumb: We'll get you next time ;)

Best wishes with it! ;D
In our case once the CX-9 was ruled out the Acadia became a front runner,
but filled to the gills -- the vehicles are comperable in price (at least close enough)
and the the Buick (despite the name stigma) wins by half a car length).

Looks/Materials/Quietness/Warranty -- not all in that order but the Buick wins out.

m
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,575 Posts
My first choice was the CX-9 over the enclave but since i was on a GM buyback for my pos pontiac torrent I had to buy GM, buy it....we can trade!!!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase, and I hope it serves you well! You sure did your best to get a Buick. If they keep doing this kind of crap, they well have to kiss the Buick goodbye. And this has nothing to do with people prefering to buy foreign brands!

Keep in touch!
[/color] :angel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,662 Posts
cRaZyRoSiTa said:
Congratulations on your purchase, and I hope it serves you well! You sure did your best to get a Buick. If they keep doing this kind of crap, they well have to kiss the Buick goodbye. And this has nothing to do with people prefering to buy foreign brands!

Keep in touch!
[/color] :angel:
:ditto:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
OH MY GOSH :eek:

GSEREP1........you are in big trouble now. You left out the letter "p". Our "P"roofreader friends will get you on this one! Never fear though....(most) everyone knows what you meant.

Come on rockyp and blurrybill!!!! Hmmmm. ;) Maybe they fell asleep reading the dictionary. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
Great choice! :thumb:
Thank the unions for another lost customer!
When will they learn? ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
newtobuick said:
Great choice! :thumb:
Thank the unions for another lost customer!
When will they learn? ???
Isn't this exactly what a strike is geared to -- the union doesn't care (today) about the customers,
they WANT GM to feel the pain -- or else their strike is in vain.

It's GM that should care about a lost customer. I'm sure GMs thinking is that this is a slow time
in the sales season and they aren't really loosing many customers they'll pick them all
back up when the strike is over anyways.

m
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
644 Posts
juglake said:
OH MY GOSH :eek:

GSEREP1........you are in big trouble now. You left out the letter "p". Our "P"roofreader friends will get you on this one! Never fear though....(most) everyone knows what you meant.

Come on rockyp and blurrybill!!!! Hmmmm. ;) Maybe they fell asleep reading the dictionary. :cheers:
Taenke yew fer ketchang thet hrrabile arrer, jeglack. Eye wis reedang thi dithanaery ass yew segjistade. Eye be karnsarnd abewt thi Anglush lengwagee, espectrally rolaetede two aimebugyewass spaelang thet kornfusses thi reedar. Agaang, srrory, butt remaimbre, Eye r a greduatte. Maaybee u wheel bee two somedaye. Goode luke.

BB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,693 Posts
Good luck with the CX-9; we also looked at it and it would have been our second choice. The quality ratings on the CX-9 have not been as good as the Enclave but it will take time to tell how each holds up over a longer time-span.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
blurrybill said:
Taenke yew fer ketchang thet hrrabile arrer, jeglack. Eye wis reedang thi dithanaery ass yew segjistade. Eye be karnsarnd abewt thi Anglush lengwagee, espectrally rolaetede two aimebugyewass spaelang thet kornfusses thi reedar. Agaang, srrory, butt remaimbre, Eye r a greduatte. Maaybee u wheel bee two somedaye. Goode luke.

BB
:rofl:

That was some difficult reading.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BadAV said:
Good luck with the CX-9; we also looked at it and it would have been our second choice. The quality ratings on the CX-9 have not been as good as the Enclave but it will take time to tell how each holds up over a longer time-span.
Just curious as to what your source is for this.


BTW - Thanks everyone for your kind words. This was not an easy decision. You can't even imagine my frustration. I'd like to personally thank Tralfaz for all of his help. If my salesman was half as helpful as Tralfaz, things might be different. I'm looking forward to leaving him a not so nice "thanks, but no thanks" voicemail this week. And it's hard for me to believe that 602 and GM have let this nonsense go on for three weeks now. I don't know who's to blame more. Getting info on this strike hasn't been easy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
Taenke yew fer ketchang thet hrrabile arrer, jeglack. Eye wis reedang thi dithanaery ass yew segjistade. Eye be karnsarnd abewt thi Anglush lengwagee, espectrally rolaetede two aimebugyewass spaelang thet kornfusses thi reedar. Agaang, srrory, butt remaimbre, Eye r a greduatte. Maaybee u wheel bee two somedaye. Goode luke.

blur-ry-bill or whatever your name is.....You obviously have too much time on your hands.

Get a life!!! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
577 Posts
If you are a Canadian and had to pay more than 25% more for a GM in Canada just because the marketing guys think they can get away with it. That is not a union issue but a GM issue.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top