EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Enclave - I prefer to unlock the door with the key instead of the fob. When I do, the horn starts a beeping cycle until I insert the key into the ignition switch - very annoying.
Is there any programming I or the dealer can do to make this thing a little more user-friendly?

Also, if I lock the driver's door with the plunger or the rocker switch and then shut it, the horn beeps as a warning (?) that I've done something wrong - I guess.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Suggest you read the info in the owner's manual in reference to the operation of the alarm system and locking and unlocking the doors. My 2011 may be different, so my data could be different from yours, but per the 2011 manual:

To avoid setting off the alarm by
accident:
. Lock the vehicle with the door
key after the doors are closed.
. Unlock the door with the RKE
transmitter. Unlocking a door any
other way sets off the alarm if
the system has been armed.

Study the info and your problems should be explained or you may just have to lock and unlock with the remote.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm aware of the manual information and I find the system operation to be unacceptable. Designed by idiots even. I just want it to work like my Acura TSX.

·
Registered
556 Posts
[quoteI just want it to work like my Acura TSX.
][/quote]

Guess we are both out of luck because it ain't gonna happen!

I want my E to feel as comfortable as my previous Yukon Denali after 4 hrs on the road but I have learned to accept that I got what I paid for. It is what it is & I will start looking for a replacement this Fall. The Enclave has been decontented far too much and does not live up to the luxury aspect of GM's advertising. I have a 4.5 hr drive this afternoon and have my pillows packed. However, After having my driver's door adjusted, I have had no other problems whatsoever with my E and have found it to a very good vehicle for the price, just missing a few items to make me truly happy.

Seems like we both should have purchased different vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
I am sorry to read of your dissatisfaction with the features of the Enclave. My Enclave is the most luxurious car that I've owned, so I don't miss anything. I guess that I might feel like you do if I had other luxurious car to compare it to.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
nbtx said:
I'm aware of the manual information and I find the system operation to be unacceptable. Designed by idiots even. I just want it to work like my Acura TSX.
Try searching "alarm using key" on this board to see how to by-pass the alarm going off. It might not work how your Acura does, but you can unlock using your key without setting off the alarm according to the information others have posted on this topic I've linked. I'm not sure but you might have a setting in the DIC to prevent the horn from sounding when locking.

Try a search or read the owner's manual.

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=9094.0

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Blue Oval said:
[quoteI just want it to work like my Acura TSX.
]

Guess we are both out of luck because it ain't gonna happen!

I want my E to feel as comfortable as my previous Yukon Denali after 4 hrs on the road but I have learned to accept that I got what I paid for. It is what it is & I will start looking for a replacement this Fall. The Enclave has been decontented far too much and does not live up to the luxury aspect of GM's advertising. I have a 4.5 hr drive this afternoon and have my pillows packed. However, After having my driver's door adjusted, I have had no other problems whatsoever with my E and have found it to a very good vehicle for the price, just missing a few items to make me truly happy.

Seems like we both should have purchased different vehicles.
Good post, that's about it....yes, there are things that are not as good as other vehicles, but we pretty much got what we paid for.

As for annoying features....my neighbor has a Toyota Corolla, and whenever he gets in it, or out of it there's several stupid beeps...I find that feature more annoying than a simple horn chirp. I'm not talking about the beeps when the key is in the ignition, but as they walk up, I guess when pushing the key fob, it makes several beeps in a row, kind of like the beeps a microwave makes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nbtx said:
I just want it to work like my Acura TSX.
I have a few more minutes so here goes: My 06 TSX can be locked and unlocked with the key or the fob, with a switch on the driver's door panel, and with the driver's door plunger.
The chirp or horn beep can be set on or off with options in the DIC. When the vehicle is locked, the factory alarm system is armed and you see a blinking LED in the panel
as an acknowledgement. Unlocking the door with the key: one twist opens the driver's door and the second twist opens the other three. Most Jap cars work that way.
Very simple and well engineered. Why the Enclave is so darned complicated is a mystery to me - almost like the engineers kept adding fixes on top of fixes to deal with customer complaints, but ended up making things worse.

·
Registered
363 Posts
nbtx said:
I prefer to unlock the door with the key instead of the fob.
Why? The curiousity is killing me... Security? Push once to unlock only the driver's door, push twice to unlock all doors...

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
XRDreamliner said:
Why? The curiousity is killing me... Security? Push once to unlock only the driver's door, push twice to unlock all doors...
Right. :thumb: This is an old fashioned thing to open a door with a key. We've had this discussion on past threads. Sure, it's a preferance but why should an automaker put each and evey feature on the vehicle for ALL consumers? About 2 in 200,000 people (actually less than that most likely) want to use the key...that's not enough. The way it is now it's a safety/security feature. If you want to use the key to unlock the door, what's wrong with using it the same way to lock the vehicle? If it's inconvenient to do that, is it NOT inconvenient to unlock with the key? What am I missing here? Geez so many people are complaining that the Enclave doesn't have push button start, and yet there are those who won't even use the **** fob to unlock the doors. You can never win. ::)

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
kidsenclave said:
Good post, that's about it....yes, there are things that are not as good as other vehicles, but we pretty much got what we paid for.

As for annoying features....my neighbor has a Toyota Corolla, and whenever he gets in it, or out of it there's several stupid beeps...I find that feature more annoying than a simple horn chirp. I'm not talking about the beeps when the key is in the ignition, but as they walk up, I guess when pushing the key fob, it makes several beeps in a row, kind of like the beeps a microwave makes.
It's funny that you mention the microwave oven-like beeps in the Toyota Corolla. I think of that car as an appliance anyway. ;)

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
It's funny that you mention the microwave oven-like beeps in the Toyota Corolla. I think of that car as an appliance anyway. ;)
:hilarious2: :yikes:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
nbtx said:

nbtx ,
The locks operate this way due to the alarm system. It is a safety feature. There is not a way to stop this from happening unless you use your Remote Keyless Entry to lock and unlock the doors. Thank you for your feedback. I will pass it along for you. If you ever have any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Stacy Buick Customer Service

·
Registered
1 Posts
nbtx ,
The locks operate this way due to the alarm system. It is a safety feature. There is not a way to stop this from happening unless you use your Remote Keyless Entry to lock and unlock the doors. Thank you for your feedback. I will pass it along for you. If you ever have any other questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Thank you,
Stacy Buick Customer Service
And this is why they also want to make over $200 for a new Key Fob. So you pretty much have to spring for a replacement or you have to deal with the horn chirping for using your key.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts