EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Gen 4 GM Lockpick today (http://www.coastaletech.com/GMLOCKPICK.htm) in my CXL with Ent #4 (DVD & Nav). Installation only took about 10 minutes. Would have been faster if I could have found my 1/4" nutdriver instead of using a 1/4" ratchet drive. A couple of notes of things that appeared different than the online instructions.

First, when you pry off the trim plate, the climate controls and button panel above come with the trim plate. They're clipped to it, not attached to the console. This actually makes it easier, since you don't need to remove them seperately.

Second, it's not obvious which connector to pull for the black plugs. Brown is obvious, but there's two black ones. As I recall, it was the one on the end. Pull it and compare it to the T-harness plugs. The right one has extra room on one side for a couple more pins.

Third, on my unit at least, there's not much room back there. There's NO room behind the main unit, so you need to make sure that you route all the wires down to the bottom section when you put the main unit back in. Then you need to arrange the wires carefully, and push in the Lockpick unit towards the top of the pile. It'll fit, but just barely. I'd hate to see what happens if you're also trying to install a Bluetooth kit back there.

Trim plate snaps back on fairly easily. Just be careful not to twist it or get it hung up on the display faceplate.

Like I said, only 10 minutes. Works as advertised.

joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
FlyingDiver said:
Got my Gen 4 GM Lockpick today (http://www.coastaletech.com/GMLOCKPICK.htm) in my CXL with Ent #4 (DVD & Nav). Installation only took about 10 minutes. Would have been faster if I could have found my 1/4" nutdriver instead of using a 1/4" ratchet drive. A couple of notes of things that appeared different than the online instructions.

First, when you pry off the trim plate, the climate controls and button panel above come with the trim plate. They're clipped to it, not attached to the console. This actually makes it easier, since you don't need to remove them seperately.

Second, it's not obvious which connector to pull for the black plugs. Brown is obvious, but there's two black ones. As I recall, it was the one on the end. Pull it and compare it to the T-harness plugs. The right one has extra room on one side for a couple more pins.

Third, on my unit at least, there's not much room back there. There's NO room behind the main unit, so you need to make sure that you route all the wires down to the bottom section when you put the main unit back in. Then you need to arrange the wires carefully, and push in the Lockpick unit towards the top of the pile. It'll fit, but just barely. I'd hate to see what happens if you're also trying to install a Bluetooth kit back there.

Trim plate snaps back on fairly easily. Just be careful not to twist it or get it hung up on the display faceplate.

Like I said, only 10 minutes. Works as advertised.

joe
Congratulations. I installed my lockpick last week. I am sure you mean the GMX-320 model.

Did you run the blue wire for the backup camera? I spent an hour trying to get the wire out of the console snaked to the passenger compartment. Waiting for it to warm a bit before tackling that part of the project (routing the blue wire to the rear driver-side panel behind the third row to access the camera wire harness).

Did you go with the factory default DIP switch settings (first two down)?

The unit came up in the mode for DVD on the Nav unit unlocked (see DVD on Nav in motion). If I try to turn it off, the whole Nav display goes dark and a message comes up saying "Please service Rear Camera" (or something like that).

Still trying to figure out the key sequence to unlock XM menus while in motion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clave Man said:
Congratulations. I installed my lockpick last week. I am sure you mean the GMX-320 model.

Did you run the blue wire for the backup camera? I spent an hour trying to get the wire out of the console snaked to the passenger compartment. Waiting for it to warm a bit before tackling that part of the project (routing the blue wire to the rear driver-side panel behind the third row to access the camera wire harness).

Did you go with the factory default DIP switch settings (first two down)?

The unit came up in the mode for DVD on the Nav unit unlocked (see DVD on Nav in motion). If I try to turn it off, the whole Nav display goes dark and a message comes up saying "Please service Rear Camera" (or something like that).

Still trying to figure out the key sequence to unlock XM menus while in motion.
No, the Gen 4, not the GMX-320. Didn't see the need for the extra camera inputs, etc. Already had the factory backup camera installed. Also not interested in watching a DVD on the front display. If the wife wants to watch that bad, she can sit in a back seat. :)

To unlock the XM (and the NAV), press the window lockout switch on the driver's armrest 4 times (in 6 sec). Press it again when you're done. You can't leave the lockout disabled, or the Nav won't work at all.

joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Clave Man,
Your braver than me. I can't imagine taking anything apart in this vehicle. If something could go wrong, it usually happens to me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
978 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
I have 3 and 5 year old kids. It is so nice to be able to access the DVD menus while in motion. Well worth it. Getting to Navigation options is nice also. It wasn't so bad. A handy person could do the job in 15 minutes. The only complication is if you want to see the rear camera while in motion. That's when you have to actually cut wires and snake them around the interior. The blue wire for the rear camera is going to be a pain to install..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
No way would I do that! I will let someone else do it. That way if they break it, they fix it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
The only difficult part was getting the wiring harness to fit in the cavity behind the climate controls. It was TIGHT.

I have to admit there was a moment, around 4 hours into the job, at midnight.. wanting to go to bed, scared my wife was going to walk into the garage and see the dash torn apart.. where I pushed and pushed, and finally forced that wire harness HARD into the cavity. I remember thinking that I could have easily broke something, but I didn't. I wonder if the other lockpick (I installed the GMX-320) has a smaller harness (making jamming it into the cavity easier). I swear adding a fleas handbag in addition to what I jammed in there would cause an explosion of wire harnesses!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
All I want is the iPod connection. Anyone have that in their setup and if so how is the sound?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I also just received my new Gen 4 Lockpick but have run into a problem. The device works great when I put the car in drive. However when I press the accelerator the sceen goes to the restricted mode. Once I come to a stop, the picture comes back on. Any suggestions? I have pins 1 and 2 down and the others are up. Is this correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
sigle said:
I also just received my new Gen 4 Lockpick but have run into a problem. The device works great when I put the car in drive. However when I press the accelerator the sceen goes to the restricted mode. Once I come to a stop, the picture comes back on. Any suggestions? I have pins 1 and 2 down and the others are up. Is this correct?
I guess I would start by pressing all the command buttons (window unlock 4 times, Mute button 4 times etc.)
Which exact feature are you talking about? Nav control, DVD in motion on front display?, XM?

The Nav control will re-lock after 60 seconds.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top