EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While visiting a small municipal airport, I got the chance to go 95. Needless to say, it was a rather short runway. But was still fun. I took the opportunity to snap a pic of my '08 "Cherry-Ot" above the 8 of the runway numerals.

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
95 ... that's pretty fast !!

It's nice how well these vehicles seem to just float along at high speed.

I have found myself speeding quite often and not even realizing it till I happen to look down at the speedo and ... oops.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
hehe, need4speed...

I have to admit since we got serviced two Thursdays ago, the car is now smooth and free of rattles. That's supposed to be the delta over a Traverse or Acadia.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GoldEnclave said:
Retired airport runways would make great amateur drag strips!
That's the thing.... My Military Aviation gut instinct took over.. I wondered if it was a decommissioned runway, or still active. There were no plowed up ends, no barricades at the ends or sides, no RED X's painted on the ends. So I figured it was still an active runway and hauled A$$ down it to get the heck off of it.

And guess what ??? I found out it is still an active runway. :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1wZ_TLWjw4

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out the above youtube link...

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
cfedor said:
That's the thing.... My Military Aviation gut instinct took over.. I wondered if it was a decommissioned runway, or still active. There were no plowed up ends, no barricades at the ends or sides, no RED X's painted on the ends. So I figured it was still an active runway and hauled A$$ down it to get the heck off of it.

And guess what ??? I found out it is still an active runway. :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1wZ_TLWjw4
This made me think of when in college we went down to Philly for some Grateful Dead shows and my friend accidentally drove his Subaru into the then open Navy Yard....man I didn't think that little Fwd car could make a getaway like that....

:drunk:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts