EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
lisa o said:
I think it is a realistic review. Having had mine for a 1000 miles now, I have to say it is a little doggy especially on hills and between 2nd and 3rd gears. He is very positive overall. I have to argue with his criticism of the mpg. When I was researching vehicles that could tow and provide this much room, I found nothing better in terms of mpg. so what is he comparing to?

Other than that, I thought he was quite complimentary admitting he had to be very nit picky to find anything wrong, really, the door locks are too loud...thats laughable. ;D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree Bsox...

I laughed out loud at the "imitation campfire" comment...

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
lisa said:
I agree Bsox...

I laughed out loud at the "imitation campfire" comment...
Me too, I wonder where a guy could find imitation marshmellows to bring along in the car??

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
That's a pretty good review. I like the detailed explanation of the 2nd row smart slide feature.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have never been to LA, so I may not know what I am talking about, so correct me Lisa, if I am wrong. Does anyone in LA drive GM Products? If there is very few then I am very impressed with this review! :thumb:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vikchic -- While there is definitely a German and Japanese Car bias here (Volvos too), there are a huge number of Tahoes, Yukons and Suburbans as far as family haulers go....But, you are right, coming from the LA Times, it is about as good as it gets...

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
bsox said:
I have to argue with his criticism of the mpg. When I was researching vehicles that could tow and provide this much room, I found nothing better in terms of mpg. so what is he comparing to?
I have to agree; we don't have ours yet but from what we looked at, the highway mpg is at or near the top of its class.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
BadAV said:
I have to agree; we don't have ours yet but from what we looked at, the highway mpg is at or near the top of its class.
And by the way... I have been getting better than the EPA estimates, as high as 26 mpg when driving on the thruway at 55 mph (during my break in period) and 24 at 70 mph. Around town and back and forth to work I am at 18.5. Both higher than what is estimated for the AWD version and BETTER than my Pilot which I initially bought for its mpg. How great is that! ;D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bsox said:
And by the way... I have been getting better than the EPA estimates, as high as 26 mpg when driving on the thruway at 55 mph (during my break in period) and 24 at 70 mph. Around town and back and forth to work I am at 18.5. Both higher than what is estimated for the AWD version and BETTER than my Pilot which I initially bought for its mpg. How great is that! ;D
Darn you Bsox - you just have to keep rubbing it in, don't ya ;) ;)

I need your Enclave to talk to my Enclave about how to get some better MPG!!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
lisa said:
Darn you Bsox - you just have to keep rubbing it in, don't ya  ;) ;)

I need your Enclave to talk to my Enclave about how to get some better MPG!!
Sorry.....Maybe my right foot should talk to your right foot ;D  I do nurse it a little when I get going, but I am being totally honest with the milage I am getting.  I was cruising at 70, stopping for tolls etc and going over the catskills when I got the 24.  It just kills me how much nicer this rides and how much more quiet and luxurious (sp?) my beauticlave is compared to the pilot where it was just one rattle after another.  I am so happy with this truck, I feel like I should be Buick's spokesperson instead of tiger....I would do it for half the price too :thumb: Now it I can just break in the back of the truck to file a post on my favorite thread of Big Larry's it will be perfect!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's okay, I am just jealous ;D And, I just glanced at your signature and you HAVE AWD TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow.

I promise you, it is impossible to have a heavy foot on the 405....I think my problem is not my car, it is the fact that my commute is a total of 11 miles, and on most days it takes me over an hour to get to the office....Not to mention pulling over 5 times on the way to school in order to break up the fights between 3 rowdy Kindergarteners...."if you don't stop that back there, I am pulling this car over and sending my MPGs into negative numbers making me EVEN MORE ANGRY THAN I AM RIGHT NOW!!!" Poor kids.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
lisa said:
It's okay, I am just jealous ;D And, I just glanced at your signature and you HAVE AWD TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow.

I promise you, it is impossible to have a heavy foot on the 405....I think my problem is not my car, it is the fact that my commute is a total of 11 miles, and on most days it takes me over an hour to get to the office....Not to mention pulling over 5 times on the way to school in order to break up the fights between 3 rowdy Kindergarteners...."if you don't stop that back there, I am pulling this car over and sending my MPGs into negative numbers making me EVEN MORE ANGRY THAN I AM RIGHT NOW!!!" Poor kids.
That is tough :( 11 miles in an hour has GOT TO BE painful. I moved from Minneapolis with traffic like that to rural upstate NY where I drive 5 miles to work on a back road where I might see one other car...maybe the only good thing about the move, but moved for a job so what can you do. Three kindergarteners, that might be tougher than the drive, thank god for goldfish and gummy bears!!!

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
lisa said:

Lisa I've had one experience on the 405 as I tried to get to John Wayne airport in 2 hours or less at 6AM. It's more difficult that I would have thought. As for the 3 Kindergarteners - are they carpoolers? I have a hard enough time with one. The thought of 3 nearly sends me into a faint.

Three kindergarteners, that might be tougher than the drive, thank god for goldfish and gummy bears!!!
Bsox, gummy bears in the 2nd row of an Enclave? What about the smart slide? :ack:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
axiama said:
Bsox, gummy bears in the 2nd row of an Enclave? What about the smart slide? :ack:
Gummy bears are one of the all time greatest inventions of mankind. If they did drop into the tracks, they would probably act as a nice lubricant and make them work even smoother ;D ;D :cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
???

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
axiama said:
Lisa I've had one experience on the 405 as I tried to get to John Wayne airport in 2 hours or less at 6AM. It's more difficult that I would have thought. As for the 3 Kindergarteners - are they carpoolers? I have a hard enough time with one. The thought of 3 nearly sends me into a faint.

Axiama - The 405 is basically a parking lot...It really doesn't matter if it is 10pm, 5am, or noon, you simply don't move :( The 3 K's are my son, my daughter (who is pre-K) and a neighbor/carpooler....And, yes, it is a nightmare for the 10 minutes that it takes to get there...but being in my new car sure makes it a little easier, as does XM Kids :thumb:

Bsox - The other upside of Gummy Bears -- they take a Loooonnnnggg time to chew, so the sugar/peace ratio is excellent...

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
lisa said:
Axiama - they take a Loooonnnnggg time to chew, so the sugar/peace ratio is excellent...
My point EXACTLY. LOVE the sugar/peace ratio. This should become part of the nutrionalist's information along with the 5 basic food groups. Foods to keep you kids quiet by....SUGAR/PEACE ratio....You are definitely on to something with that. Once they get older (mine are 13 and 15), ear phones have replaced the chewing!

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
lisa said:
Axiama - The 405 is basically a parking lot...It really doesn't matter if it is 10pm, 5am, or noon, you simply don't move :( The 3 K's are my son, my daughter (who is pre-K) and a neighbor/carpooler....And, yes, it is a nightmare for the 10 minutes that it takes to get there...but being in my new car sure makes it a little easier, as does XM Kids :thumb:
That sounds better, one goes home at the end of the day and the other two keep each other company so Mommy can rest. (at least theoretically) :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts