EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a mini-vacation with the kids to Palm Springs...Let me tell you, our Enclaves are made for road trips..While I like driving it to and from work - this car is meant to hit the road...So smooth, so quiet, so comfortable...Made the 2 1/2 hour drive seem like an hour...The ride was luxurious....

People mention shifting issues during hills -- I felt none on the entire trip... The only problem was that the ride was so smooth, I didn't realize I was at 85 mph...

Is there a way to re-set the mileage calculator? I couldn't figure it out, and, after a week of to and from work (maybe 10 miles each way) and clear cruising to PS, I am still only registering 15 miles to the gallon -- seems WAY OFF the advertised MPG....One of the reasons we considered this car (and the other Lambdas) is the decent gas mileage for the size SUV..Anybody else getting bad MPG besides me?

Anyway, bad MPG aside, what a great road car!! Take a road trip if you can!!

Lisa

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
lisaoleary said:
Is there a way to re-set the mileage calculator?

Lisa
Bring up the mileage indicator in the DIC and then press and hold one of the buttons on the dash that control the DIC information - I think it is the far left hand button (the check mark?).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just got back from a road trip to Oakland over the weekend. The 'Clave seems very happy, mileage-wise, around 73 mph with the Cruise on. 22+mpg on the highway there and back. Like you said, very smooth at high speeds. Back to S.F. next weekend.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just got back from a 1000 mile round trip. I re-set the mileage calculator for the trip and with the A/C on, 7 people and a hitch-haul loaded with luggage, we got 22.4mpg. We would go 80mph when possible but hit some traffic jams. The mileage peaked at 24.1mpg when there was no traffic. I re-set it for both the to and from trips and got the same mileage each way.

When driving around town, we only get 15mpg with the A/C on. I suspect it would be a good amount higher without the A/C.

R

·
0 Posts
NO IM NOT DRINKING, how did you get from california to florida in two and half hours :confused: :confused: :confused: i think you mean 20 half hours

EDIT, i was thinking of palm beach sorry. Geography was not one of my best subjects.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My MPG is not very good with my day to day driving. I put about 30-50 miles per day of stop and go, back road 2 lane traffic. No highway driving and I'm getting 13.8 MPG. I've had it for one month and my per tank average is right at 13.5 to 14 each week. Not much better than the Expedition like I was hoping, but I'm still happy with it. Being in my car an average of 2 hours per day with 1 - 3 kids in the back... gotta LOVE the DVD!!!!

We did get about 24 MPG on our trip home from the dealership, so at least it will be better than the Exp on road trips!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts