EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Enclave right before Christmas. I loved every feature about it. That is until this weekend.

Yesterday I picked up my dry cleaning and went to hang it on the coat hook in the car. Now most cars have the coat hooks above the second row doors. But not the Enclave. There's is above the third row.

I don't use my third row and keep it closed. Thus, I had to fold up one of the 2nd row seats and crawl in to hang my dry cleaning.

Not the smartest place to put coat hooks Buick!

Have any of you dealt with this problem? Suggestions?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I couldn't agree more! I forget about the dumb placement until I go to the cleaners and end up just placing my clothes over the passenger front seat since i'm usually on my way home. My wife and I just had our first child about a month ago and when my wife's water broke, I ran out the Enclave to hang her garment bag on the hook and remembered thinking how frustrating the placement is. However, if this continues to be my biggest problem I will be very happy with my Enclave.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I think it is because of the side air bags being there. There is a tiny hook next to the front seat I think, but only enough room for a light jacket...maybe just pop the back and lay them in cargo?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I always thought the hooks were in the back to allow four passengers a luxo ride with a view while carrying some garments that needed hanging. I never thought about needing a delivery van for laundry. ::)

Wayne

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The hooks are hard for me to reach from the back or the second row. Maybe I have short arms, but they could have made them more assesible. Altho, like smokeyy, if that's my biggest problem, I'll be happy. [/color] ;)

·
Registered
405 Posts
I used that tiny jacket hook for dry cleaning today...worked just fine as long as no one was sitting in that 2nd row seat.

·
Registered
333 Posts
dandemain said:
I bought my Enclave right before Christmas. I loved every feature about it. That is until this weekend.

Yesterday I picked up my dry cleaning and went to hang it on the coat hook in the car. Now most cars have the coat hooks above the second row doors. But not the Enclave. There's is above the third row.

I don't use my third row and keep it closed. Thus, I had to fold up one of the 2nd row seats and crawl in to hang my dry cleaning.

Not the smartest place to put coat hooks Buick!

Have any of you dealt with this problem? Suggestions?
Thanks You!!

I complained about this awhile back and got :beatdown: hammered. The other option for hanging clothes on most bigger vehicles is the grab handles, there aren't any in the Enclave.

It can't be an oversite right? My van had side curtains and still had the hooks in the 2nd and 3rd rows...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
johnt26 said:
Thanks You!!

I complained about this awhile back and got :beatdown: hammered. The other option for hanging clothes on most bigger vehicles is the grab handles, there aren't any in the Enclave.

It can't be an oversite right? My van had side curtains and still had the hooks in the 2nd and 3rd rows...
Why do you say there are no grab handles in the Enclave? ??? My Enclave has grab handles for the 2nd row and front passenger.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I guess I don't deserve an Enclave. I have never had dry cleaning done in my life... :cheers:

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
bsox said:
I guess I don't deserve an Enclave. I have never had dry cleaning done in my life... :cheers:
I haven't had anything dry cleaned in 20 years I bet. I would need to do research to find a dry cleaner. I can't even tell you where one is near my house.

Thankfully my work is ultra-casual and I try at all costs not to wear suits to weddings. Funeral, maybe.

·
Registered
333 Posts
ccaats said:
Why do you say there are no grab handles in the Enclave? ??? My Enclave has grab handles for the 2nd row and front passenger.
oops, you're right....I meant roof mounted grab handles that double as very excellent hooks for dry cleaning or a garment bag.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
zman said:
I haven't had anything dry cleaned in 20 years I bet. I would need to do research to find a dry cleaner. I can't even tell you where one is near my house.

Thankfully my work is ultra-casual and I try at all costs not to wear suits to weddings. Funeral, maybe.
That's a nice blue suit you are wearing in your picture here ;)

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
YOUNGMRBUICK said:
That's a nice blue suit you are wearing in your picture here ;)
Nah, no suit there. That's similar to one of those old tuxedo shirts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just get one of the flunkies that cannot afford to drive a shiny Buick deliver your freshly laundered clothes in their delapitated F350 van directly to your home. Viola, your coat hook is now obsolete.

:worthless:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Unless I missed something, I happened to sit in the Captain Chairs of my Clave today and noticed Coat Hanger Hooks right behind the Driver and Passenger Seat on the B Pillars. Rocketman 8)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
ccaats said:
I thought those were called "sissy bars"?!!?!?!!??

·
Registered
484 Posts
Having just taken a road trip, I found the coat hooks and tried to use them for a blouse and jacket to take into the hotel for the next day's travel. Being that I packed everything but the kitchen sink and then used the black thingy that covers all the cargo, the blouse wouldn't hang right because it was practically vertical with the coat hook, sitting on top of the black cargo cover. So what did I do? I went to the second row passenger seat and hung the hangers in the hole of the metal closer to the seat belt. Worked fine for short articles.

Bad, Bad coat hook design. They need to get it right.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I found a new coat hook!

I found a new coat hook! Actually, my 7 year old daughter found them. ::) There are hooks on the back of the B pillar - facing the second row. I can't believe I've never noticed them before but I was able to use it to hang my dry cleaning.

I can't believe it took me nearly two years to find it but :woot:

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Re: I found a new coat hook!

axiama said:
I found a new coat hook! Actually, my 7 year old daughter found them. ::) There are hooks on the back of the B pillar - facing the second row. I can't believe I've never noticed them before but I was able to use it to hang my dry cleaning.

I can't believe it took me nearly two years to find it but :woot:
Yes, I use them occasionally to hang a sport coat - better than nothing, but have to make sure the item is tucked in before closing the door...

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
*Enclave* said:
I used that tiny jacket hook for dry cleaning today...worked just fine as long as no one was sitting in that 2nd row seat.
way to pay attention, ax... ::)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts