EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my enclave so far, but.....

Is it just my car or do you notice when you open the driver side door, and it's been raining that you get 'huge' drops of water falling on the seat?

Even in the last month with snow. If I opened the door a chunck would fall on the seat.

Is it just the angle of the door frame that causes this or do you think I'm having a problem with the seal. I hate always wiping rain off the seat when I get into the car. ???

Thanks....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Every car I have ever had (10 I think) have had this happen. Wind, amount of moister, position of car in relation to the direction the rain is coming from, can make some of it get into the car. If this only happens when you open the door, how can you have a seal problem as there is no more seal at that point? Is this your first with leather seats (if you have them)? Water soaks into the cloth faster than leather, might be why you haven't noticed it before.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
pixelguy said:
Love my enclave so far, but.....

Is it just my car or do you notice when you open the driver side door, and it's been raining that you get 'huge' drops of water falling on the seat?

Even in the last month with snow. If I opened the door a chunck would fall on the seat.

Is it just the angle of the door frame that causes this or do you think I'm having a problem with the seal. I hate always wiping rain off the seat when I get into the car. ???

Thanks....
Exactly the same with mine, one big water drop on the side support bolster part of the seat....

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
quite normal with aero shape of body. I had it on many cars. A pain. Keep a small towell on seat if it really irks you. Mother Nature can be a b............. ;D :eek:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Possibly Suction as Door opens ?? Perhaps ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts