EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was delighted to see an Enclave on display in the Renaissance Center, but sad that I didn't have my camera with me. Surprised to see it had a 2nd row console, thought some of you might want to see what it looks like. Interesting to be able to see an Outlook and an Acadia so close to compare, but even the girl staffing the Outlook display said there was no contest which her favourite was :thumbsup:

Took a few pics with my phone, sorry they're so poor. My 4yr old could happily clamber over the console (and did!) but anyone larger than that is going to have to access the 3rd row from behind the 2nd one.

Edit: Oops, I thought I rotated them. Don't crane your necks :-\

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
what color was the exterior of the display Enclave ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rick418cars said:
what color was the exterior of the display Enclave ?
It was Cocoa metallic, with cashmere leather interior.

R

·
0 Posts
did it have a dc or ac outlet in the third row, what about cup holders? :beer:

·
Registered
167 Posts
glad i didn't get them.
i like my space between the capt. shairs on the floor.
they do look nice but, that's it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rollin Thunder said:
did it have a dc or ac outlet in the third row, what about cup holders? :beer:
I don't know, I didn't (couldn't!) get beyond the 2nd row, and the trunk didn't seem to be openable to get a look at the console from that angle.

I think I'll be back there in the next week or so, will try and get better pics and a better understanding of what is on it for the 3rd row passengers :)

Pleased I saw it though, I was annoyed I hadn't got one when I first read about them on this forum, but after 2wks of my kid changing his mind about what seat he wants every 5mins, it's definitely better for us without :thumb:

·
Registered
743 Posts
butterscotch said:
I don't know, I didn't (couldn't!) get beyond the 2nd row, and the trunk didn't seem to be openable to get a look at the console from that angle.

I think I'll be back there in the next week or so, will try and get better pics and a better understanding of what is on it for the 3rd row passengers :)

Pleased I saw it though, I was annoyed I hadn't got one when I first read about them on this forum, but after 2wks of my kid changing his mind about what seat he wants every 5mins, it's definitely better for us without :thumb:
You have to remember that the Console wasn't available and it still isn't. The Console has 12vdc outlet. The 120VAC is available without the Console.
I also think it's better without the Console if Kids are involved.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had another look yesterday at the model in the Ren Cen, sorry, no camera again :-[

But it does indeed have one 12v socket on the back (facing the 3rd row). No headphone sockets for the 3rd row whatsoever.

It opens 2 ways, exactly like the 1st row console - i.e. top flap only for a shallow "tray", or lower down for the deeper cubby. And then it opens from behind (in the 3rd row) to make a flat floor for when all the seats are folded down.

I confirmed again that I'm glad we don't have it, but I thought that might be useful info for those who are waiting for it and haven't seen one yet! Of course this may not be the same as the production console, but hey ho :confused:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Butterscotch,

I do appreciate your first-hand reports on the console. Since my goal is "luxury touring sedan for adults", with kids only on occasion, the console has been high on my list. I did have four questions about it, which I posted elsewhere. Perhaps you could comment.

Does it make a good armrest for two?

Is it large enough to accommodate a pair of purses, etc.?
(From your last post, I assume "yes").

When the second row becomes part of the floor, does it level out properly?
(I was hoping the console would fill in the "hole" created when the captains chairs are folded down. You say the back "pulls out"; is that to extend the length? Is then the normal armrest height the height of the "floor"?)

Overall, does it add to or detract from Enclave's interior appearance?
(Again, I assume "yes" since you might covet it under different circumstances).

Since the DK1 has been pulled back to end-of-year, this is all speculation (as you say). But then, what else are we to do?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Armrest - didn't try but looks about the same width as the front console, which we use okay for 2 elbows :)

Size - I'd say it was as deep as the front console, it couldn't accomodate my purse I'm sure but then I carry a sack with kiddy loot!

Floor - yes, it looks smooth to the folded captains chairs, I didn't try it folding everything down but it looks the same height and I'm certain it will make a smooth surface. I didn't mean that the back pulls out, more that when it folds to make the smooth floor, it does so from the back (3rd row). It's like lifting a grill lid to "fold" it for the flat surface.

Looks - it does look great. I wanted it at first, until I realised my kid can't decide which seat to sit in and moves every journey! It really does look very nice though, the sweep of the cupholders in the floor of it with the wood effect is particularly nice. It's a bit meh from the 3rd row but it does match the interior as there's no wood effect or anything back there anyway.

I'll take my camera next time, honest. I'm an idiot for forgetting it :-[

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey thanks for all the info (and pics) on the console. I'm glad I'm not getting it now. To me it looks a bit cumbersome, a little too high perhaps. It looks like it sits too high to make a comfortable armrest. And the cupholders being on the floor are inconvenient. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks again; you are one of very few here who has seen the current version of the console.

Originally, ( http://www.netcarshow.com/buick/2006-enclave_concept/ )
The three seating rows are divided by a unique console that runs from the instrument panel to the third-row seats. Each row’s console unit includes climate control switches, audio/entertainment controls, cupholders, a storage bin and jeweled, Tiffany-style analog clock. A matching clock is mounted at the top-center of the instrument panel.
This is NOT what you saw, right? What you saw is more like:
http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshows/12010/2008-buick-enclave.html

I haven't seen any good close-ups of the folded-down console. I suspect the engineering problem delaying release is rattle from the collapsibility feature.

Of course, the original concept would have made it hard for a passenger to occasionally enter/exit from the "wrong" door; that should be possible with the current version?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PrairieWind said:
Thanks again; you are one of very few here who has seen the current version of the console.

Originally, ( http://www.netcarshow.com/buick/2006-enclave_concept/ )
This is NOT what you saw, right? What you saw is more like:
http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshows/12010/2008-buick-enclave.html

I haven't seen any good close-ups of the folded-down console. I suspect the engineering problem delaying release is rattle from the collapsibility feature.

Of course, the original concept would have made it hard for a passenger to occasionally enter/exit from the "wrong" door; that should be possible with the current version?
Yes, definitely not the concept console, the one like in your 2nd link. I'll fold everything down next time for pics and remind self to take camera :banghead:

R

·
0 Posts
HOLY CRAP, i want an enclave that looks like the concept on the in side, to flip down tv's on the side so it does not block your view. flip down tables, man you can travel in that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts