EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for taking the extra time to ensure that the Buick Enclave would be what it has become.

Now, please make the next Pontiac Torrent an identical copy of the Enclave -
as everyone does not require three rows of seating.

Thanking you in advance (hopefully).

·
Registered
152 Posts
??? ??? ???

R

·
0 Posts
this is not even enclave related, what is it doing on this forum :eek:hno:, at least put it in the off topic section ??? ??? ???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fail to understand your point of view. I admire the job that Bob Lutz did with the Enclave. I simply would like to see a little smaller, but otherwise comparable engine and drive-train and identical dashboard. In other words, I really like all things relative to the Pontiac Torrent size.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Lutz please don't listen to him, we like the unique identity/looks of the Enclave and do not want mentally retarded GM clones of it, thanks ;D

R

·
0 Posts
coop said:
Lutz please don't listen to him, we like the unique identity/looks of the Enclave and do not want mentally retarded GM clones of it, thanks ;D
:ditto:

if you want somthing smaller buy the new saturn Vue

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You may not understand but I have a Buick Enclave on order for my wife and myself who are empyy nesters. However, I would like to be able to purchase something smaller like a Torrent (like I described) for each of my 3 married children who each have one child. Get it now?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
this is not even enclave related, what is it doing on this forum :eek:hno:, at least put it in the off topic section ??? ??? ???
:rofl:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
coop said:
:rofl:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ontario said:
You may not understand but I have a Buick Enclave on order for my wife and myself who are empyy nesters. However, I would like to be able to purchase something smaller like a Torrent (like I described) for each of my 3 married children who each have one child. Get it now?
can i be one of your children, please.....

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
MsS42 said:
can i be one of your children, please.....
You beat me to it. I am next after you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
ontario said:
They may be married with one child now....but give it some time and they will have outgrown the Torrent sized vehicle and will be asking you to buy them an Acadia, Outlook, or Enclave of their own. Must be nice to have a car given to you.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Well, this is a strange thread.

BTW, I looked at the Torrent when I was shopping for the Enclave and Pontiac has the BEST car website, IMO. I actually sent them a :thumb: email because I had so much fun building a Torrent online. You can change your background color and add music to fit your mood.
:tunes:

·
Registered
30 Posts
i think ontario's point is well taken - don't make a Pontiac version of the Lambda, but rather apply the styling, packaging, and other great things we love about the Enclave into a new, smaller CUV.
John

·
Registered
148 Posts
MotorCity57 said:
i think ontario's point is well taken - don't make a Pontiac version of the Lambda, but rather apply the styling, packaging, and other great things we love about the Enclave into a new, smaller CUV.
John
Pontiac is dropping the Torrent. They will be focusing on sporty cars from now on. The G8 that is due out in early 2008 is just the beginning of an image turnaround for Pontiac. The G8 will come with a V6 or V8 (kick ass engine) with RWD.

·
Registered
30 Posts
fenwah said:
Pontiac is dropping the Torrent. They will be focusing on sporty cars from now on. The G8 that is due out in early 2008 is just the beginning of an image turnaround for Pontiac. The G8 will come with a V6 or V8 (kick ass engine) with RWD.
And, to be honest, that makes sense for GM. I'd like to see a smaller Enclave-like CUV from GM, but not a Pontiac. Something to replace the Equinox/Torrent with greater fuel efficiency, AWD, no third row seat, but with some of the nice luxury features the Enclave has. It could very well be a Buick.
I looked at the new Ford Taurus X and I liked what I saw, but the fuel economy was no better than the Enclave. I think GM could do well with a smaller, 4-5 passenger CUV with decent storage and even better MPG. Just my $.02.
John

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
and it SHOULD be a BUICK :thumb:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Could very well fit as a Caddy too...help compete with BMW X3, Mercedes ML, and other small luxury utes.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
:ditto:

if you want somthing smaller buy the new saturn Vue
I saw the 2008 Saturn Vue today and it looks like GM did exactly what ontario wanted with this vehicle. I like it better than their previous model. Look out Mazda CX7 and Honda CRX.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts