EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We placed our order for an Enclave CXL AWD with everything about 2 weeks ago and so far we are being told any orders with the Luxury Package are on hold. Has anyone run into this recently or know more information?

Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
94 Posts
My dealer called yesterday and was on hold with his inside source at the plant. He wanted to know if I could go without the Luxury pkg. If so, he could have my Enclave built this week. I told him thanks but no thanks. I heard him tell someone I really want the luxury pkg and that was that. He then came back and told me the luxury pkg. is on hold and doesn't know when it will be built. He wants me to call him if I change my mind and can go without. We don't need the vehicle now so I doubt I will change my mind. I stopped my local Honda dealer that I've done a lot of business with and asked them about this wait with the Enclave. She told me that is what happened when the 2nd generation Odyssey came out in '99(?). She actually had good things to say about Buick but still tried to get me into an Odyssey. Oh, she said the wait for the '99 Odyssey was over 6 months at one point. The only reason the the current 3rd. generation wasn't as bad was Honda had 2 plants set aside to built it. With all this said, I would like my vehicle now but I'm okay with waiting as long as they keep quality and not quantity as their priority...assuming it is already in that order.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Wow,

this is really something. this is second time since the enclave's have been in existance that the lux pkg has caused a major hold up in production. well, im settled w/getting my enclave by spring of '08 and by then the 09's will be ready to hit the pavement. someone mentioned in another thread that there has been a hault on the ordering of '08 models. now, i don't know how true that is and no one has commented on it. if anyone has any knowledge of this please feel free to let us know. tia

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I ondered my Enclave on August 1st and was told three weeks later it was on hold due to the luxury package. I really want that and my dealer knows that so I have already decided to just lay low and wait as long as I need to. Like you, Smokeyy, I don't need my new car right now, except that I keep racking up miles on the trade-in vehicle. I'm just not going to get too excited. I have a good friend who works for Toyota and he said they often have trouble with one item in a package and encounter a long wait. He also reminded me of the trouble they had keeping the Pruis on the lot when they first came out. Didn't they have a hard time keeping the Acadia out there, for a while? I figure the worst thing that could happen is I will have to re-negotiate for an '09 and my trade-in will be phufffffffft...[/color] :angel:

Looks like it's gonna be a long wait, guys.[/color] :comfort:

·
Registered
743 Posts
I had good luck today. Yesterday there was a Rep for GM in town and there was a meeting in another location, so I didn't get a chance to talk to him. I wrote it off.
Today I went to my dealer to see what happened at the meeting. We talked awhile and as soon as I mentioned the GM Man, they said "There he is right there". I almost passed out. Ha.
I started in on him and he explained everything to me. I told him I wish there was an article or something explaining everything so there wouldn't be so much confusion.
He said my Dealer had been honest with me, and after the meeting yesterday, he was well familiar with my situation. He will be looking into it on Monday, so hopefully I won't be waiting too much longer.
I located a Carbon Flash, fully loaded, and was making plans to travel a couple of hundred miles to pick it up, slept on it overnight and changed my mind the next morning. I've waited since May 18th, I might as well wait a little longer and get the Color I waited for. The GM man also acknowleged the 3rd shift, delayed Rear Console, etc., the very things we discussed on this Forum.
I told him I don't want to call him a Horse, but I want to get it straight from the Horse's mouth. Hs chuckled, and answered all my questions. He was happy about the Forum and nodded when I mentioned GM is listening to our Forum Members. I smell a White Diamond, CXL, AWD, Fully Loaded , Ent #4, Enclave. ( I hope) 8)

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Hopefully you'll get a build date soon. :)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Wow, talk about being in the right place at the right time... :cheers:

Did he happen to mention anything about a constraint on the Luxury package? I can't tell if you ordered it on your Enclave. Just wondering what's up with that, along with a couple others here.

Good Luck! Hope you get it very, very soon!! :blob:

·
Registered
743 Posts
axiama said:
Hopefully you'll get a build date soon. :)
That's very nice of youse and I appreciate it, Have a good Night.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Rosita2001 said:
Wow, talk about being in the right place at the right time... :cheers:

Did he happen to mention anything about a constraint on the Luxury package? I can't tell if you ordered it on your Enclave. Just wondering what's up with that, along with a couple others here.

Good Luck! Hope you get it very, very soon!! :blob:
I appreciate that. When I said fully loaded, that means the whole nine yards. Yes, It has everything including the Luxury Pkg. The constraints are still there. He didn't give an explanation except acknowlegement. He also mentioned a percentage of constraints being built, and I believe it was the same number that has been discussed on the Forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts