EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2014 Enclave with 40k miles and is in mint condition. The vehicle drives great and our family loves it. I like to take the best care possible of our vehicles and was wondering what’s the best maintenance scheduling for this car. I know on a previous Honda Accord I owned I did transmission drain and fills every 30k miles due to the transmission known to have issues. Also, I’ve never had a vehicle that ran synthetic oil and was wondering which oil you guys would recommend and how frequent the oil change intervals. If there’s anything else you guys can think of feel free to let me know. Also, looking to adding running boards in the future and wasn’t sure if there were any good aftermarket ones for the Enclave, thanks!

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Hi.Look up HOW TO transmission - youll find a thread with pics and info on why doing drain/refills is a good idea.
We have seen that Pennzoil Platinum gave excellent results (via used oil analysis- from members on here).
How long you want to run it-- will depend on you.
You may want to follow OLM.
Or 5000 miles. or?

On my 2010- I do 5000 miles on regular oil/
On my 2013 I do 6000-7000 miles following the OLM... but this was after I had several used oil analysis to confirm the oil was wearing well.
In the end- for my engine, oil, driving... going to 0% OLM- was safe, based on my analysis results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts