EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the Enclave saved another driver from injury. Check out this story...

The second accident occurred on Interstate 5 near Santa Nella shortly after 3 p.m., when a northbound 2008 Buick Enclave driven by Howard Bloom, 88, of Piedmont, left the roadway for unknown reasons, clipped a guard rail in the center divider and veered across the southbound traffic lanes and off the roadway.

The vehicle struck a power pole, Panelli said, causing the power lines to sag above the roadway. A passing big rig struck the wires, knocking them to the ground across the traffic lanes and forcing the closure of the interstate.

The incident also sparked a grass fire, according to CHP reports.

Panelli said the interstate was reopened at about 5 p.m.

No injuries were reported in that accident, Panelli said, but damage to the rented Buick was major.

Source: http://www.westsideconnect.com/content/view/822/58/

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Where's that younger image Buick is going for??? Poor Howard was 88 years old.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Someone actually rented a car to an 88 year old??? :eek:hno: :eek:hno:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Glad he wasn't hurt. I noticed when I was getting my rental from Enterprise that they told another customer that since she was under 23 she had to take the smallest vehicle only. They weren't allowed to rent anything else. I wonder if they do the same for drivers over 80 since their depth perception is generally much less.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hard to say if the Enclave saved him or clipping the guide rail slowed him down enough to not cause injury.....pretty dramatic press release for nobody being injured....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts