EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to buy my enclave. Is there anyone who has had any experiences with Buick dealers in maryland either good or bad that they can pass on to me?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Marylandgal,

I had a great experience with McCullough Motors in Marlow Heights (used to be Koons). Ask for Tom F. While this dealer was far from my part of MD. it was worth it.

Press

·
Registered
717 Posts
Dealt with Ideal Buick in Frederick - they are ok - nothing great nothing bad - at this time I dont think you will get a super deal from them, but it wont be sticker for an Enclave. Friendly bunch but they you will prob have to work hard to squeeze a good deal from them.

One thing they dont have which I didnt realize is a body shop - so if there is a scratch or such that needs correcting they have a 'paint' guy come in on a certain day and if he cant fix it then they refer you to a local body shop.

·
Registered
166 Posts
oochman,

Are you getting it serviced at Ideal or some other dealer? Since McCullough is too far for normal service I am looking for someone in Montgomery County? Any suggetions.

Press

·
Registered
134 Posts
I asked for a web quote from Adams Buick in Annapolis. They responded and sold me a special order for $100 over invoice. No hassles. They didn't try to sell me any add ons. I would buy from them again. I have a LeSabre I bought in Florida before I moved and plan to have the Enclave serviced where I'm taking it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
press said:
oochman,

Are you getting it serviced at Ideal or some other dealer? Since McCullough is too far for normal service I am looking for someone in Montgomery County? Any suggetions.

Press
Only 4500 miles on the odo so no service just yet. Im going to get the first oil change done there to check things out and then prob only return for warrenty work as its a bit of a drive for me - you do get free car washes for life at Ideal ;)

They mention you also get a loaner car while in for warrenty service, but they way the guy kept saying it - the story slighty changed to - if we need to keep it overnight

·
Registered
717 Posts
2MuchCoffee said:
Our experience with our dealer is that you can believe the loaner car pitch. We had one for even the few hours they kept E for the tranny re-calibration, and if I decide on some pain work related to a warranty item they did, service manager stated immediately that we get the loaner for overnight while the paint cures properly in the shop. BTW, they get us an Enterprise vehicle, not some clunker off the lot. :thumb:
They have offered a loaner to drive around for an hour or 2 - havent challenged them to get a loaner for the day to drive around while the E is in the shop. I waited for roof rails to be put on and they gave me an '07 Trailblazer to go to Costco - Im getting close to making an appt for 1st oil change and will see what happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to everyone who responded and thanks in advance to those who still will. This has been very helpful. I went to the Buick dealer nearest my house (pretty close actually) and was unimpressed. Perhaps I'm being foolish to be concerned about this. I have access to supplier pricing and assume everyone will give me the same supplier pricing (although I'm encouraged to contact Adams in Annapolis which is not too far from me for a possibly lower price.) I will contact McCullough too. Though it is far, I really want to deal with someone reputable. Did I mention that I am a complete novice at car buying? My late husband always handled it all. Any suggestions for things for me to consider in selecting a dealer and purchasing would also be appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Will be picking up ENCLAVE at a dealership in the Baltimore area , and they also offered $100.00 over invoice , however , they want to add $800.00 advertising fee which they say is on their invoice. Did your dealer add any ad fee to your cost? Would be helpful to know when i go to pick it up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Joepit
Above question was for you and anyone else with recent experience with Maryland dealers.
Thanks

·
Registered
717 Posts
We paid $1000 over invoice - plus $100 processing fee. No ad fee.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Marylandgal,

I paid $300 over invoice plus $434.20 each for LAM Dealer and Group Contribution (in simple English, their advertising and markup fees). You will need to know what is the invoice price for your car first. Good luck and we are all here to help.

Press

·
Registered
509 Posts
sanphyl said:
Will be picking up ENCLAVE at a dealership in the Baltimore area , and they also offered $100.00 over invoice , however , they want to add $800.00 advertising fee which they say is on their invoice. Did your dealer add any ad fee to your cost? Would be helpful to know when i go to pick it up.
The ad fee is part of the invoice, and already charged to them. It's not something they simply tack on after the fact.

The only change to this is if you buy from a dealer that opted out of the ad program through GM, and therefore doesn't pay anything into it--and there's never anything put on the invoice for it. There's few dealers like that, but some do exist, such as our local GM dealer.

Also applies, too, if you were to do a dealer vehicle locate/swap with a no ad fee dealer and the vehicle came from another dealer who did have the fees--then they're still on the invoice, and have to be carried over when the change of inventory is done, as it's already gone through GM.

People tend to characterize ad fees as something a dealer alone just can tack on, but it's a program through the manufacturer they opt into and that % that is chosen is paid in to various advertising sources and billed onto all of their vehicles, by the manufacturer. A majority of dealers charge them, so the "invoice" is basically then whatever the base invoice is plus those fees.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re: adding $800 ad fee maryland buick dealers - recommendations or reviews?

No, Adams Buick in Annapolis didn't. When I asked them why their price was so much lower they said they don't participate in the regional ad campaign so they don't have the ad fee added to their cost. Thedealer that has been servicing my LeSabre, Walker Buick on rt 301 near Bowie does participate and was about $800 more than Adams.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks to all who responded. Info very useful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just wanted to say thank you again to everyone who responded to my original post. I put down a deposit on my CXL FWD in WDT today and am very excited! This is the first time in a very long time that I have been excited about buying a new car and I hope I won't be disappointed when it gets here. It is such a beautiful car. My first Buick! Have been buying mostly foreign for past 30 years or so. But this was too gorgeous to pass up. I ended up buying from Boyle Buick. WAs very impressed with their set up, service, and attitude. Hope it continues to be that way. Price wasn't an issue for me as I had supplier discount.

Thanks again to everyone! Enjoy your Enclaves!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts