EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An increase in responsibility had Grace Lieblein tossing and turning through many sleepless nights in 2006 as the pressure mounted for both her and her employer, General Motors.

With the top-selling U.S. auto maker losing ground to Toyota in market share, GM mounted a restructuring plan that included cutting jobs and placing a heavy emphasis in high-growth areas, such as "crossover" vehicles. And the company plugged Ms. Lieblein, a chief vehicle engineer, into a key role in its campaign to produce the smaller sport utility vehicles.

She led a team of engineers in creating the 2008 Buick Enclave, marketed as the brand's first luxury crossover vehicle. It was unveiled on the eve of November's Los Angeles Auto Show and it hits showroom floors this summer.

"This has been the pinnacle of my entire career," says Ms. Lieblein, the highest-ranking Hispanic woman at GM. "We've spent the last year launching [the Enclave], showing it to our dealers and promoting the vehicle at media events. It's the most responsibility I've had as well as the most challenging thing and the most rewarding thing I've done. I've been involved in some great projects at GM, but this tops the list."
Ralph Gray, an auto editor for Hispanic Business, says the Enclave is a "significant vehicle for General Motors."

"It looks to me as if the Enclave will fit nicely into the luxury end of the crossover segment," he says. "More importantly, it signals Buick returning to its brand heritage – the styling, the equipment, and the features. ... Buick is using new design cues like a waterfall black chrome grille with the Buick tri-shield emblem and three portholes. All hark back to Buick's historic look."

Read the full article at: http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/news/newsbyid.asp?id=60229&cat=Magazine&more=/magazine/

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Ha, i just got done reading that article about 10 min ago

1 - 2 of 2 Posts