EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who were considering the Mazda CX-9, what made you pick the Enclave?

Curious,

ATLpeach

R

·
0 Posts
its an ugly forign stupid mazda, plus i only buy american, and i have an ego to keep healthy, but ego aside, the mazda third row is build for 2 year olds, its has alot less cargo room, and it didn't have the nice luxury feel like the enclave did.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I nearly bought a CX-9 before I saw the Enclave. Thank god the dealer could not find the color&Config I wanted so I got my deposit back. After looking at the two cars, there was not much discussion about which car to get. Waited 8 weeks to get the enclave after we decided. In our opinion:

1) Enclave is more luxirous.
2) 2nd row captains chairs makes getting in & out easier.
3) Smoother ride - I could feel the road sitting in the CX-9 2nd row, granted Mazda has the zoom-zoom factor, however as the CX9 gets older the ride is going to get harsher)
4) More cargo room.
5) Like the Skylight, makes the car look roomier.
6) More features.
7) Looks classier.

Having never bought an American car (always owned Imports), we felt the positives about this car overcame the potential reliability issues as well as lack of bluetooth. We will be mitigating some of the reliability risk by purchasing a GM Extended waranty before our 1st year is up.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
its an ugly forign stupid mazda, plus i only buy american, and i have an ego to keep healthy, but ego aside, the mazda third row is build for 2 year olds, its has alot less cargo room, and it didn't have the nice luxury feel like the enclave did.
I do not think your telling us everything. How are really feeling? ;D

·
Registered
50 Posts
One thing about the CX-9, if you get the GT model with memory seats, for some stupid reason, the mirrors are not linked to the memory positions. So imagine having to reset your mirrors every time someone else gets behind the wheel. Not a big deal for some, but for me it is a deal breaker. My wife and I swap cars all the time and getting the mirrors set up on an SUV to properly eliminate blind spots is not a quick and easy endeavour.

·
Registered
100 Posts
We have an 03 MDX that's lease is ending in 30 days. Our short list before deciding to pursue an Enclave was:

1) MDX
2) CX-9
3) Enclave

I agree with all of the below positives for the positive side of the Enclave ledger. However, here are some positives for the CX-9:

1) Looks better than a lot of other SUV/CUVs (except the Enclave)
2) Handling is very nimble - not as good as the new MDX (which rocks for an SUV BTW) but the CX-9 definitely handles more aggressively than the Enclave. And, I for one like a vehicle that is fun (as in fast and quick and nimble) no matter if it is a CUV or a sports car! One must get their driving enjoyment from the Enclave from its solid, quiet luxurious ride, which will also work for me because the Enclave will be my wife's bvehicle and she places almost no premium on sports handling.
3) Blue tooth!

If the new MDX were a little bigger, a little nicer looking and a little less money we may have went for an MDX again over the CX-9 or the Enclave. The MDX is a handling monster and thge new SH-AWD is incredible.

ALl this being said, I remain very excited and am extremely comfortable witrh our family's decision to get an Enclave sometime in the next 4 - 6 weeks!

Thx, Steve

ajaybarve said:
I nearly bought a CX-9 before I saw the Enclave. Thank god the dealer could not find the color&Config I wanted so I got my deposit back. After looking at the two cars, there was not much discussion about which car to get. Waited 8 weeks to get the enclave after we decided. In our opinion:

1) Enclave is more luxirous.
2) 2nd row captains chairs makes getting in & out easier.
3) Smoother ride - I could feel the road sitting in the CX-9 2nd row, granted Mazda has the zoom-zoom factor, however as the CX9 gets older the ride is going to get harsher)
4) More cargo room.
5) Like the Skylight, makes the car look roomier.
6) More features.
7) Looks classier.

Having never bought an American car (always owned Imports), we felt the positives about this car overcame the potential reliability issues as well as lack of bluetooth. We will be mitigating some of the reliability risk by purchasing a GM Extended waranty before our 1st year is up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We considered the CX-9 but since it was going to be my wife's car it would be her decision. She liked the exterior but not the interior. She liked to the bluetooth feature, the automatic tailgate was nice, but they were having some problems with it at the time we were looking. The deal breaker for her was the no captain's chairs in the 2nd row. She also did not like the way it handled. She also considered strongly the Acura MDX. She really enjoyed all of the techno features and the ride was great. But the third row was a joke (the salesman did not even mention or try to show us the "third" row). Not to mention I'm 6' 3" and she is 5' 9 1/2" tall. And for me the Acura was just plain looking.

We were back to looking and just abour ordering the CX-9, when I saw a commercial for the Acadia and later the Enclave. She did not like the Acadia b/c it was too boxy. But fell in love with the Enclave almost immediately. We took a test drive on separate occasions with the same result. We both liked it and ordered on June 23. Still waiting patiently so we can be as cool as Big Larry.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Quote from: Canuck on Today at 04:31:57 AM
I do not think your telling us everything. How are really feeling?

Rollin Thunder said:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

i dont understand
He's being sarcastic Thunder. I also think you should open up more. Tell us everything - just start typing away. ;D

R

·
0 Posts
FlavaClav said:
Quote from: Canuck on Today at 04:31:57 AM
I do not think your telling us everything. How are really feeling?

He's being sarcastic Thunder. I also think you should open up more. Tell us everything - just start typing away. ;D
when i was six i had a puppy and when i was gone my parents told me he ran a way but he really died, kinda like that or do you want more info why i hate forin cars. other than mercedes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
also consider Mazda's poor reliability. According to the most recent JD Power survey (which had Buick # 1) Mazda was near the bottom.

Get the Enclave.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
when i was six i had a puppy and when i was gone my parents told me he ran a way but he really died, kinda like that or do you want more info why i hate forin cars. other than mercedes.
What does a puppy have to do with foreign cars. ???

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
MRBUICK said:
What does a puppy have to do with foreign cars. ???
He was simply opening up as requested. He went on a therapeutic tangent about his puppy and then inquired if we all meant he should stick to the foreign car topic.

R

·
0 Posts
zman said:
He was simply opening up as requested. He went on a therapeutic tangent about his puppy and then inquired if we all meant he should stick to the foregin car topic.
thank you for the explination.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
thank you for the explination.
You are quite welcome. My mom lied about one of my puppies also.

R

·
0 Posts
zman said:
You are quite welcome. My mom lied about one of my puppies also.
i was just kidding to go with the flow, my dad always took care of them, and he loved them just as much as i did.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Rollin Thunder said:
i was just kidding to go with the flow
Me too. ;D

·
Registered
208 Posts
We just flushed a fish that was mostly dead and pulled the ol' line from Finding Nemo "All Drains lead to the ocean" maneuver. My 3 year old still thinks Sleeping Beauty didn't die.

Parents are evil.

·
Registered
249 Posts
:rofl: :rofl: You guys brought me to tears. :D :D We completely lost the topic but hey I was entertained... and umm Thunder, you can say you don't like Mercedes also... I won't mind.
:cheers:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts