EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that the Enclave does not have rain sensor wipers. I can't believe that they would not include these in a vehicle with the class of the Enclave. Does anyone know why they did not include it? I have driven Oldsmobile for years and both our Bravada and Aurora have these wipers and I will have a hard time remembering to turn on my wipers. When we test drove the Enclave it was not rainining and I did not think to check how the wipers worked. I really loved the Enclave so we ordered our cocoa, cashmere, fwd cxl, confid, lux, trailer pckgs. I guess I will have to take a step backwards and turn on my own wipers!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Re: rain sensor wipers

I'll come and turn 'em on for you. The price for this will be your Enclave, please :D
Me and a bunch of us other 'Clave-nuts would be happy to turn on our own wipers -- because it would mean that finally have our lusted-after vehicle.

On a serious note, though, I agree -- a vehicle that ranges from $30K to $45K really should have this feature.

·
Registered
577 Posts

Guess is that it is due to the current windshield design.

Search for rain sensing and you will see why when you see how Rain S works

·
Premium Member
978 Posts

The caveat is, if you forget to turn them off and they go on in a car wash, you may need to dish out the money for replacement!

Never had them so don't know if they really worth it.

·
Registered
313 Posts

There is an aftermarket product that looks to be fairly inconspicuous on the windshield (about the size and placement of a factory sensor behind the rearview mirror), and integrates well into the factory electronics. I think it's called raintracker, I don't have the time to look it up at the moment. I think there was a thread about that here in the past. Not sure about the price, but looks to be a well designed product.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts

I have rain sense wipers on my 2005 LeSabre. After 2 years, I can certainly live without them. They either wipe too much, or mostly not enough. They are adjustable, but I just can't seem to find the perfect setting.
Now about HUD...that I really miss, especially with the Enclave being so quiet, you can easily be going much faster than you think you are.

·
Registered
577 Posts

MRBUICK said:
I have rain sense wipers on my 2005 LeSabre. After 2 years, I can certainly live without them. They either wipe too much, or mostly not enough. They are adjustable, but I just can't seem to find the perfect setting.
Now about HUD...that I really miss, especially with the Enclave being so quiet, you can easily be going much faster than you think you are.
Cruise Control and when your passing everyone including the police your going to fast. :angel:

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts

Canuck said:
Cruise Control and when your passing everyone including the police your going to fast. :angel:
Cruise control on the congested NJ roads? ??? ???

·
Registered
40 Posts

I had that feature and did not like it. As someone else mentioned, too much or not enough wiping. It was irritating. I also hate the auto volume on stereo's. It goes too quiet when I slow down. Just because the light is red, it doesn't mean I want Geddy Lee to whisper the lyrics. I'll decide when the stereo is too loud thank you. I am, however, mystified that there is no blue tooth. I have friends with pretty entry-level cars (like the Altima) and they love speaking on the cell, hands-free, with the other person's voice coming through the numerous speakers. It's almost embarrassing to say the Enclave doesn't have it. I think I'll say it does and just make I always hold the handset when one of my buddies is in the car (appearing to want privacy). Pretty lame but if you can't lie to your friends, who can you lie to?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts

AlanD said:
Pretty lame but if you can't lie to your friends, who can you lie to?
Spouse?? :-X

·
Registered
40 Posts

Okay...but beyond friends, spouse, boss, cops, collectors, telemarketers, neighbours, strangers, kids, parents, other people's parents, border patrol, IRA (or in Canada CCRA)...who can you lie to if not them? I ask you. :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts