EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thumbing through my Enclave Owner's Manual and other paperwork. I realized that I don't have the warranty pamphlet for the Michelin tires. The pamphlet I got says Goodyear tires.

Does anyone have the Michelin pamphlet? If so, could you post a scan of it here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Re: Michelin Warranty Pamphlet

rcrules said:
I was just thumbing through my Enclave Owner's Manual and other paperwork. I realized that I don't have the warranty pamphlet for the Michelin tires. The pamphlet I got says Goodyear tires.

Does anyone have the Michelin pamphlet? If so, could you post a scan of it here?

Thanks!
Saw no one had done yet, so I went to do it...................and I see 2 booklets!!! You can have one! Email your address if you like and I'll toss it in snail mail for you. It's in my profile, on left. If you prefer, I'll scan it too! Your call!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Re: Michelin Warranty Pamphlet

I also have the Goodyear tire warranty pamphlet in my owner's manual packet. It looks like GM needs to work on their coordination of the correct packets with the correct model vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have 25000 miles on my Michelin Latitude OEM tires and they are almost bald. Asked dealer today what remedy I have if in fact the tires were rated around 60000 miles. They stated that for OEM tires, only defects are handled through the dealer (which would be hard to prove in my case). Has anyone had any luck with a dealer pro-rating replacement tires or should I go to Michelin and state my case that these tires did not hold up? BTW, I followed proper rotation and pressure procedures. They wore uniformly across the tread on all 4 tires.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Re: Michelin Latitude Tires OEM Warranty

I had this happen with Michelin's on my old Honda Odyssey and had to deal with Michelin directly and then they authorized the dealership to take care of situation. I would contact Michelin and start a case number to get the process started.

·
Registered
391 Posts

In my neck of the woods there is Discount Tire. Do not especially like the place but at times they are of help. Not on my Enclave for on my Rainier I had the Michelin Cross Terrain OEM tire that are supposed to be 60K or 65K mileage rating. At 38K miles they were uniformly at the wear indicators. I took the Rainier to Discount Tire to see if there could be any adjustment. They took measurements at 3 different points on each tire and they were all the same (rules out front end alignment, lack of rotation, etc.). Discount Tire called Michelin and Michelin pro-rated the OEM tires at about 45%. I replaced the Cross Terrains with Latitude Touring HP. A much better tire in my opinion but I was told up front not to expect any more then 35K miles out of them. These are not the same Latitudes as OEM on the Enclave – tread looks the same but the compound is softer resulting in the better handling. I am not sure you can purchase retail the OEM Latitude.

Bottom line, go to Michelin dealer in your area that sells tons of Michelin tires and you might get a fairly good pro-rated price if you are purchasing another set of Michelins.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts

Lonestar said:
In my neck of the woods there is Discount Tire. Do not especially like the place but at times they are of help. Not on my Enclave for on my Rainier I had the Michelin Cross Terrain OEM tire that are supposed to be 60K or 65K mileage rating. At 38K miles they were uniformly at the wear indicators. I took the Rainier to Discount Tire to see if there could be any adjustment. They took measurements at 3 different points on each tire and they were all the same (rules out front end alignment, lack of rotation, etc.). Discount Tire called Michelin and Michelin pro-rated the OEM tires at about 45%. I replaced the Cross Terrains with Latitude Touring HP. A much better tire in my opinion but I was told up front not to expect any more then 35K miles out of them. These are not the same Latitudes as OEM on the Enclave – tread looks the same but the compound is softer resulting in the better handling. I am not sure you can purchase retail the OEM Latitude.

Bottom line, go to Michelin dealer in your area that sells tons of Michelin tires and you might get a fairly good pro-rated price if you are purchasing another set of Michelins.
TireRack.com usually has the Latitudes for about $110 per...

·
Registered
820 Posts

I love TireRack.

Good service... EXCELLENT PRICING!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts

Hey wait4me - did you really mean $110 per tire. Local Merchants Tire quoted me a price of $245 per tire (G A S P ! ) - that includes mounting/balance/stems etc. I just checked TireRack price - was $199, now $183 per tire. Plus one has to add getting them mouunted/ balanced etc. That would come out to about $220 per tire. When was TireRack selling these Michelin tires for $110 per? Tires I checked on at TireRack was the 255/60R9 Michelin Latitude Tour tire - UTQG 600 A B

·
Registered
121 Posts

Costco has them for $134 plus $14 for mounting & balance per tire. How they handle TPMS sensors is not clear.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Costco :thumb:also has an extra $70 off any set of 4 Michelin tire good until 8/9/2009.

·
Registered
121 Posts

:thumb:That makes the Costco price around $117ea. Better than the current Tire Rack price for the 255/60R19 Michelin Latitude Tour of $183 ea.

Good new at Tire Rack; they show 255/60R19 snows (Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1) for $162

·
Registered
5,041 Posts

ENCLAVEDUDE said:
Hey wait4me - did you really mean $110 per tire. Local Merchants Tire quoted me a price of $245 per tire (G A S P ! ) - that includes mounting/balance/stems etc. I just checked TireRack price - was $199, now $183 per tire. Plus one has to add getting them mouunted/ balanced etc. That would come out to about $220 per tire. When was TireRack selling these Michelin tires for $110 per? Tires I checked on at TireRack was the 255/60R9 Michelin Latitude Tour tire - UTQG 600 A B
I did mean that, but it's been six months or so since I checked their site... You're right, they're now asking $183 each... My bad for not scoping out the current price before posting... I'd not be surprised to see them at a lower price again, but, hey, gettum at the lowest price, where available... Right now the Costco price seems good... But don't go down to your local Michelin dealer - chances are you'll pay double, triple or more...

I noticed that Discount Tire has also bumped their prices to $197... They had been selling for $117 at the time TireRack advertised $110...

·
Registered
13 Posts

As a followup, to the original thread, I went to Costco and bought 4 new tires for about $600 (tax, disposal, mounting, lifetime rotation) before the price increase on 8/9/2009. Costco said that the tires definitely wore out before the 65000 mile warranty, but they did not want to necessarily do the legwork with Michelin to file a claim. So, I kept my old tires and my receipt for the new tires and then filed a claim with Michelin (www.michelinman.com). Today, I received a check for $360 from Michelin as an adjustment for the old worn-out tires. Pretty good service from CostCo and Michelin.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts

Tire pricing as of today:

TireRack - $181 per tire + shipping (ends up being about $203/tire)
Discount Tire Direct - $197 includes shipping
Costco - $229 + $15/tire for mount and balance
Local Tire Shop #1 - $230 each out the door
Local Tire Shop #2 - $267 each out the door
Local Tire Shop #3 - $231 each out the door

By the time you have tires mounted and balanced at a local tire shop at roughly $20/tire, that brings the total package to around $870 so not a lot of savings by going mail order on the tires. After some haggling, I found a very reputable shop willing to do the deal for $880 out the door.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2008 Enclave with 42000 on it and the tires are down to the wear bars, has anyone had luck with GM's tire warranty, it appears that on teh Michelin they are 65,000.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
391 Posts
GM does not provide the warranty on the tires - the tire manufacture does. If the tires are to the wear bars then you can take your Enclave to a retailer who sells Micheline and ask that they take a look. Typically, each tire will be measured in 3 different places and if the wear is uniform the manufacture, in this case Michelin, might make an adjustment. If you are planning on buying new tires from the place you go then they will become an advocate for you. However, Michelin will probbaly do nothing if you are selecting another brand or time.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Lonestar said:
GM does not provide the warranty on the tires - the tire manufacture does. If the tires are to the wear bars then you can take your Enclave to a retailer who sells Micheline and ask that they take a look. Typically, each tire will be measured in 3 different places and if the wear is uniform the manufacture, in this case Michelin, might make an adjustment. If you are planning on buying new tires from the place you go then they will become an advocate for you. However, Michelin will probbaly do nothing if you are selecting another brand or time.
Right... Every new vehicle I can remember purchasing has had a tire warranty from the tire manufacturer in addition to the basic vehicle warranty... Think this is pretty much SOP...

·
Registered
378 Posts
It will be a pro rated warranty (like most tires), so IF they honor it with 42,000 miles on tires that are rated 60,000,, you can expect a very small donation.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts