EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud owner of a two week old Enclave CXL. It is my first GM product since my 1969 Corvette and so far I am really pleased with the Enclave.

I am thinking about installing a set of the color matched Assist Steps and am wondering if anyone has had any experience installing them. Can it be done without the car being on a lift? Any special tools needed? They really seem to finish off the side view of the Enclave in a photo. I have not seen any in person. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did not witness it directly, but the install crew at my dealer indicated it was a lot more complicated than they expected and not simple like the Acadia ones.

And they had no incentive to lie, the price had already long been negotiated including the installation.

I believe they actually had to remove some of the wheels due to how the boards completely integrate into the panels, but I could be remembering wrong.

I would defer to anyone with more actual experience, but my warning would be that I remember the svc crew acting these were a lot harder than the typical running boards....

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I second those comments. My Buick dealer service dept installed them before delivery (in June) and commented that they were a lot more complicated than they appear. This happened to be their first installation.
By the way, they DO look great :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information!! I guess I will get them from my dealer and let him install them. Not worth saving a few bucks and having a sore back for a few weeks...................

·
Registered
259 Posts
It took a good part of a day to have the dealer put mine on (i.e., also their first). Look and work great. Posted some photos of mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts