EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody added the "colored" molded assist steps to their Enclave and are you glad that you did?

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Colored as in "matching body color" or "matching lower cladding"??
Mine match the lower body color and we are glad we have them. They look great and are so well integrated with the design, they look like all Enclaves should have them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Anyone have some pictures that show the steps? I would like to see what they look like.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
muljo said:
Anyone have some pictures that show the steps? I would like to see what they look like.

Thanks!
yes,

go to gallery and check out rocketmans pics.... the pic of the split color enclave has the intergrated assist steps on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes we have them and like them a lot both for the kids and for my wife who is 5'1" - and they look very nice installed (you would never know they did not come straight from the factory and they are truly integrated into the body, not nearly as "tacked on" as the Acadia for example (although I like the Acadia with the steps, it is just a different look that fits a truck style but would not fit the Enclave in my opinion)...

·
Registered
435 Posts
About how much do the assist steps cost? Installed? Is this a dealer item?

·
Registered
259 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
I posted a few pictures of my assist sets for all to see. I am very happy with them and the look nice because the match the trim. In fact our dealer plans to order future Enclaves with them. Also raised the price to $1400 for them after mine ($900)!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Gator,

The assist steps look very nice on your Enclave as they match the bottom trim perfectly. It looks like they should all come from the factory this way. I ordered mine from gmpartsdirect for $621 and they got here in 3days; then have to pay my dealer to install them ($150). I took them to the dealer today to wait for the Enclave to get there...lol

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Gator,

where did you get the emblem on the headrests?... that is beautiful

·
Registered
259 Posts
MsS42 said:
Gator,

where did you get the emblem on the headrests?... that is beautiful
Dealer put them on as a token gift for my long wait. They look nice when you look into the car from the front windows.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Added a few more photos of the assist steps in the daylight with doors open and closed. They work and look nice on the vehicle.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Gator said:
Added a few more photos of the assist steps in the daylight with doors open and closed. They work and look nice on the vehicle.
Gator, you know I almost claimed that ride. (exactly what I ordered) It's beautiful and it helps me realize what I'm waiting on. The Steps certainly helps the appearance. I might try the Steps and the Shades over the side windows and I'm finished.
Looks like you're taking care of it. Good luck. 8)

·
Registered
410 Posts
How wide (in inches) are the molded assist steps? The GM accessory web site does not mention this. For the chrome ones, the web site says they are 6" wide, but I don't want chrome!

Thanks.

·
Registered
743 Posts
jbradfor said:
How wide (in inches) are the molded assist steps? The GM accessory web site does not mention this. For the chrome ones, the web site says they are 6" wide, but I don't want chrome!

Thanks.
Mine are 5 1/4" and are just Beautiful. They look like they were built on at the Factory. They are Color Coordinated for the Color of the Enclave e.g., I have a WDT and the Side Steps matches perfectly. They were put on at the Buick Dealer.
I don't believe I would like Chrome either. I hope this helps. Rocketman

·
Registered
743 Posts
jbradfor said:

Thanks.
Looks like someone posted Pictures of their Enclave with what appeared to be Chrome Side Steps. I like the Factory Steps much better. They blend in much better, but different Strokes for different ....People. Ha !

·
Registered
379 Posts
Howdy folks,

Does anyone have a WDT with the molded steps? I would love to see pictures if so!

I am trying to decide whether or not to put them on both Enclaves.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
410 Posts
rocketman said:
Mine are 5 1/4" and are just Beautiful. They look like they were built on at the Factory. They are Color Coordinated for the Color of the Enclave e.g., I have a WDT and the Side Steps matches perfectly. They were put on at the Buick Dealer.
I don't believe I would like Chrome either. I hope this helps. Rocketman
Thanks for the quick reply! I saw the picture you posted and they do look great. It's just difficult to get a sense of the scale from the picture since the Enclave is a pretty big car....

5 1/4" seems like plenty. I just didn't want it to be the totally useless 3" or so -- too small to be useful, but big enough to get in the way....

·
Registered
118 Posts
OKCCowboy said:
Howdy folks,

Does anyone have a WDT with the molded steps? I would love to see pictures if so!

I am trying to decide whether or not to put them on both Enclaves.

Thanks
John
Take a look at the Gator album in the gallery.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts