EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first impressions of the front moonroof shade were probably like most of yours, it seemed kind of flimsy. However, the fact that the shade can be closed while the moonroof is open is quite a nice useful feature and one I wish I had in my sedan.

Most moonroof shades are a solid vynil/fabric covereed panel that slides back with the moonroof when opened. However, the nice thing about the Enclave shade is does allow it to be drawn while the moonroof is open. Now, at freeway speeds, the thing get whipped around a bit so I imagine this would not be good to use in this manner long-term and the flapping noise is kind of annoying. However, for city driving at high-noon (like going out to lunch) this feature is nice since it shades the direct sunlight but still gives you the fresh air of having the moonroof open.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hmmm, curious as to what's causing the flapping. I have the sunroof wind shield which inhibits any wind reverb entering the vehicle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The shade only flaps when drawn closed/moonroof open/traveling at freeway speeds. I doesn't seem to move much when <45 MPH.

·
Registered
520 Posts
My Audi A4 allows you to tilt the moonroof up and have the shade closed.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
ggans said:
My Audi A4 allows you to tilt the moonroof up and have the shade closed.
Yes, LOL! It is sometimes called "vent mode" in autos that do this. Then I would've had the rain water mostly toward the front of the console :D

beware :thumb:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Now, I have a question about the roof window. Doesn't the Enclave vent the window at some point. My present 2001 Chrysler 300 vents the window from the rear AND then can close and slide backwards. OR does the Enclave only slide open and closed. Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Enclave's roof window tilts for venting and opens completely.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
jnebra said:
Now, I have a question about the roof window. Doesn't the Enclave vent the window at some point. My present 2001 Chrysler 300 vents the window from the rear AND then can close and slide backwards. OR does the Enclave only slide open and closed. Thanks.
Yes, as gmf101 says, we have them both! Push button at front (when already closed!) and a pop-up vent position occurs. Push button on it's rear edge and the glass slides backward! To then close, push button on front edge again (as you did for the pop-up) and HOLD it, till glass slides all the way forward and raises up, to seat itself!! Letting go too quickly will result in rain on your parade,... er console ;) :thumb:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
Yes, as gmf101 says, we have them both! Push button at front (when already closed!) and a pop-up vent position occurs. Push button on it's rear edge and the glass slides backward! To then close, push button on front edge again (as you did for the pop-up) and HOLD it, till glass slides all the way forward and raises up, to seat itself!! Letting go too quickly will result in rain on your parade,... er console ;) :thumb:
Just a slight correction, I am almost 100% sure that when it is open all you have to do is push the button and quickly release and it will auto close just like the windows go down and up with a single touch...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hey BSOX, glad to know someone's keeping an eye on me!! :) :binky:

Yes, just tap, and it Auto-closes, like front side windows, including the little jump upward, at end. I was confusing with my GMC YUKON, where you DO have to hold all the way to the jump up, at very end, or the deluge will follow ;D ;)

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Hey, I forgive you man, pretty soon with the 09's coming out, us 08 folks will be old news and won't be able to accurately add tidbits like this and will be left in the dust forgotten about, old news.... :sosad: :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
bsox said:
Hey, I forgive you man, pretty soon with the 09's coming out, us 08 folks will be old news and won't be able to accurately add tidbits like this and will be left in the dust forgotten about, old news.... :sosad: :eek:hno:
ew [/color] :sosad:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
bsox said:
Or just more seasoned and wiser! :thumb: Hey, somebody has to go into the water first :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts