EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Right now...looks like it will be too rich for me. Anyway I consider Cadillac for "old" people, even more so than the image "Buick" has. LOL okay I am wondering how many Caddy owners will take offense at what I just said...oh well! ;)

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Perhaps but my Father's brother has always driven a Cadillac and well he is now 83. Just have that image in my mind and heck when I go to the carwash you would not believe how many "older" (hey before anyone comments...older than ME) driving Cadillac's.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Sailfish
Glad you included "older than me." I remember my father, in lhis 80's, commenting on an obituary of a friend that he had died young. I aked how old and dad siad he was only 78.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Plague said:
I think that if there is going to be a hybrid version of it, it should be available at more levels than just the Caddy level. If they want to put a V8 into this, I think that could be Caddy only.
I can guarantee there will not be a hybrid of the current Lambada platform. I have confirmation from two GM engineers (one in Detroit, the other in my backyard in CT where GM's sales office is now located in the Corporate Center in Danbury) that the first generation platform does not have the space necessary to put in a hybrid platform. Substantial changes to the unibody design would need to take place for that to happen.

If Cadillac were to get such a hybrid, they would be be getting a second generation Lambada platform - which would push this out to 2013 at the earliest by their thinking (they are not sure about the timing - or if it will happen although the desire is to see one take place).

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks for the inside info, AcuraT. Although I'm a bit surprised to hear that. I mean, the Ford Escape has a hybrid version and it's practically half the size of the Lambdas. You would also imagine dropping down to a small 2.5 litre engine would allow enough space for a battery pack and electric motors, but obviously the engineers know better than me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
admin said:
Thanks for the inside info, AcuraT. Although I'm a bit surprised to hear that. I mean, the Ford Escape has a hybrid version and it's practically half the size of the Lambdas. You would also imagine dropping down to a small 2.5 litre engine would allow enough space for a battery pack and electric motors, but obviously the engineers know better than me.
We have an auto environmental show in my town in CT every year, and it coming up again this year in a few weeks. From the show last year, the engineer said that the problem is that a small 4 cylinder and hybrid would not give the torque necessary to move the car well enough. Need a small V6 which GM does not have right now to fit the engine bay with the hybrid motor - and on top of that, under the chasis, there is not enough room for the transmission (I don't know about this - just repeating what he told me). GM is interested in making it hybrid capable in the future, but not this generation. It was too bad, I was asking for selfish reasons as I wanted a Chevy or Buick hybrid - but knowing one was not in the cards, got the V6 instead in 2010.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts

.. looks more like an Acadia with a Cad grille.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
LOL yep it does only it will have the Cadillac price tag to go with it. :happy: I wonder if the interior will be trimmed out like they do with their Cadillacs?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
It probably will not have the Northstar V8... too bad.

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
The front of the Escalambda looks like a Cadillac, but the side looks like a GMC. :-\

:rofl: :hilarious2: :scared: :shrug: Well it DOES!

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
I don't think this vehicle will ever come to be. That photo is very old, and just a photoshop of an idea what a Cadillac Lambda would look like. It would have to be MUCH better than that to be taken seriously. IF it happens, people have said they don't think it will be called Escalade, and think that's a terrible idea for the Escalade to move away from body on frame design. I'm neutral on the idea. IF Cadillac builds this it needs to have a V8, needs to be able to tow more than the other Lambdas, and needs to be AWD standard, etc. BUT, for now...the Enclave is king of the Lambdas, so to speak. :blob:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
kidsenclave said:
I don't think this vehicle will ever come to be. That photo is very old, and just a photoshop of an idea what a Cadillac Lambda would look like. It would have to be MUCH better than that to be taken seriously. IF it happens, people have said they don't think it will be called Escalade, and think that's a terrible idea for the Escalade to move away from body on frame design. I'm neutral on the idea. IF Cadillac builds this it needs to have a V8, needs to be able to tow more than the other Lambdas, and needs to be AWD standard, etc. BUT, for now...the Enclave is king of the Lambdas, so to speak. :blob:
I agree kids, if it can't come with a V8, and isn't near the Escalade in tow capacity it'd have to be with another Cad nameplate. Perhaps the gen-2 Lambda platform (coming in '13?) might be designed with these capabilities.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
rpasetto said:
I agree kids, if it can't come with a V8, and isn't near the Escalade in tow capacity it'd have to be with another Cad nameplate. Perhaps the gen-2 Lambda platform (coming in '13?) might be designed with these capabilities.
if they developed a turbo diesel they would not need a v8....my Bluetec can tow 7500lbs.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
sciond said:
if they developed a turbo diesel they would not need a v8....my Bluetec can tow 7500lbs.
Plenty of torque on diesels... but I'm not sure a turbo diesel would outperform a V8 in HP at the high end.

Enclave V6 3.6L VVT V6
Horsepower: 288 @ 6300 RPM Torque: 270 @ 3400 RPM

Mercedes Spec: Turbocharged Diesel V6 3.0L
Horsepower: 210 @ 3400 RPM Torque: 400 @ 1600 - 2400 RPM

Cad Escalade 6.2L V8
Horsepower: 403 @ 5700 RPM Torque: 417 @ 4300 RPM

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
rpasetto said:
Plenty of torque on diesels... but I'm not sure a turbo diesel would outperform a V8 in HP at the high end.

Enclave V6 3.6L VVT V6
Horsepower: 288 @ 6300 RPM Torque: 270 @ 3400 RPM

Mercedes Spec: Turbocharged Diesel V6 3.0L
Horsepower: 210 @ 3400 RPM Torque: 400 @ 1600 - 2400 RPM

Cad Escalade 6.2L V8
Horsepower: 403 @ 5700 RPM Torque: 417 @ 4300 RPM
no it won't, but you mostly you stay in the lower rpm range... and what I was saying is they could fit that in a Lambda and get comparable towing ratings and much better mpg

21 - 40 of 45 Posts