EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for help & ideas about how to move the driver's footrest back a few inches on my 2020 Enclave. I'm tall, 6'5", and the footrest feels like it needs to be moved several inches back to be comfortable. Part of the problem is I have back pain that is makes it uncomfortable to have my foot resting in the current position of the footrest. I've got the seat all the way back and it still feels uncomfortable. The dealer said they couldn't move the footrest back because there is a wiring harness in the way. But there is SO MUCH ROOM behind the footrest. I can stick my whole hand behind there. It seems there would be a way to do this, even if it is an unconventional request. Has anyone moved or removed the footrest on a 2020 Enclave? Can you share some pictures or details? I was comfortable during the test driving, but after driving the car for a while this footrest location has become aggrivating and is causing me pain.

·
Registered
356 Posts
It’s something I wouldn’t mind knowing either. It was made for high heels, but it’s your sticks up a lot for someone without heels!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking for help & ideas about how to move the driver's footrest back a few inches on my 2020 Enclave. I'm tall, 6'5", and the footrest feels like it needs to be moved several inches back to be comfortable. Part of the problem is I have back pain that is makes it uncomfortable to have my foot resting in the current position of the footrest. I've got the seat all the way back and it still feels uncomfortable. The dealer said they couldn't move the footrest back because there is a wiring harness in the way. But there is SO MUCH ROOM behind the footrest. I can stick my whole hand behind there. It seems there would be a way to do this, even if it is an unconventional request. Has anyone moved or removed the footrest on a 2020 Enclave? Can you share some pictures or details? I was comfortable during the test driving, but after driving the car for a while this footrest location has become aggrivating and is causing me pain.
Maybe you want to check yourself what underneath the carpet. you may need some welding work after you remove it. it should not be very hard. if the footstep is not on chassis you can just remove it and screw/stick on a piece of plastic to cover it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts