EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I was getting ready to purchase this product and wanted to hear what you had to say. I have read reviews on their website about the product but value the people on this website much more. Thanks in advance. I also do not have a water softener at my house. I have read that this system cleans the water for you.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I use this product and have been quite pleased with the results. We have VERY hard water hear, and the prospect of "hand washing" our crystal red Enclave was daunting. Hard water spots on a dark colored car are a PAIN in the :bootyshake:

This product is surprisingly easy to use and VERY effective at eliminating any and all hard water spots when using the "filtered rinse" setting. It leaves a sparklingly clean Enclave with NO hard water spots after air drying. However, you STILL have to "hand wash" with a mit. Just use the soap setting on the Mr. Clean wand and then wipe down with a mit soaked with the Mr. Clean soap, then rinse, then rinse again with the "filtered" setting.

My only complaint, is that the soap they use is obviously formulated to work with the filtered rinse and to minimize "beading" which can lead to water spots. I don't know if this will affect the finish, but I do miss the "beading" effect of wax. I periodically apply a top coat such as Armor All Armor Plate to bring back the beading. I am by NO MEANS a particular detailer and don't use the clay bar, waxes, etc that others use here (wish I had the time to do that). But I feel that I keep a relatively clean and detailed car. My wife thinks I spend TOO much time cleaning it....imagine if I were really picky about it....LOL.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I purchased one of these about two years ago; the last paragraph of ccaats comment is the reason I got rid of mine.
The soap seems to have about the same properties as Dawn dishing wash liquid which will definitely strip the wax off of a vehicle.
I use compressed air and an imitation chamois; makes quick work of drying.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been using the Mr. Clean and I am satisfied. The Mr. Clean soap does put down a temporary hydrophobic layer which encourages shearing instead of beading. But I think it is temporary and I don't think it strips the wax. I have never done this, but I bet if you sprayed your car with water the day after you washed it with the Mr. Clean, that it would bead up like always. Hmm... I'll have to try that.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I went to their website and under FAQ is a question about beading if you care to go there.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Here is the water beading q and a fom the website:

Why doesn't the water bead up after I rinse?
The sheeting action of the Dry Rinse Polymer™ works with the Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash Filter so that a thin layer of deionized water is left on the car's surface, which will quickly evaporate, leaving a spot-free result. Next time it rains, the beads will be back—and you get to wash again!

·
Registered
413 Posts
bsox said:
Here is the water beading q and a fom the website:

Why doesn't the water bead up after I rinse?
The sheeting action of the Dry Rinse Polymer™ works with the Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash Filter so that a thin layer of deionized water is left on the car's surface, which will quickly evaporate, leaving a spot-free result. Next time it rains, the beads will be back—and you get to wash again!
This is a decent quality DI water system for rinsing; you can use any car wash soap with it.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11201522&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

As for the beading returning that's no doubt true. With modern clear coat finishes water will bead to some degree for years even if you never apply wax, sealants & etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts