EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I was at JD Power and checking out the Enclave. I am confused about the MSRP & Invoice pricing. What does that mean? The Invoice price is lower than the MSRP, what does that mean?
And if a dealer gives me the MSRP should I be asking him to lower it?

Please advice
thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
Invoice is dealer cost not including any special holdbacks or anything else. Around Chicagoland, your are likely paying close to MSRP for one on the lot but much better when ordering. At least that was my experience. Between trade-in (higher than blue book) and ordering, I figure we saved around $4K compared to msrp.

·
Registered
405 Posts
MSRP is Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price. On most cars you would not pay this amount. Invoice price is what shows on the invoice and the dealer says this is the amount it cost him for the car...But technically the dealer gets bonuses and holdbacks on sales, so selling at invoice can be a good deal for them, too. Many buyers who are ordering an Enclave are getting them for Invoice or $500 over invoice I think. Like Cruiser said though, trying to purchase one that is in stock here in the Northeast you would be unlikely to get invoice pricing. Some dealers were even adding an additional amount to the MSRP number. If you can't find a deal, go thru Costco and see what is offered to you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
unfortunately FOOLISH ME paid STICKER. ($43K+) for the first time in my life.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hey En-Clave! If you got what you wanted and didn't have to wait, it was worth it!!! (I almost did, too... on an Enclave without AWD, but then I found the one I purchased thru the Costco dealer...but I was ready to pay sticker and not look back...it's a great vehicle!)

·
Registered
67 Posts
You are quite correct, it was what I was looking for (except for AWD) However, I had been looking for a while and was surprised to find an unsold one at a local dealer. I have about 7 Buick dealers within reasonable driving distance and none had what I wanted, or had pre-sold all their upcoming deliveries.
My mistake was going to the dealership with my wife AND 5 yr old daughter. My wife was ADAMANT we get rid of our Mercedes immediately(what a crappy car) and the dealership took their sweet time in everything they did, making my wife and daughter antsy. Needless to say my bargaining power was quite reduced.

Anyway, Like you said, I got what I wanted and I'm loving every minute.

Ohh one more thing, i tried the Costco thing. Turns out the only Buick dealer on the Costco problem was outside of Houston. A 5 hour drive. None of the local 7 dealers were registered with Costco. Disappointing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts