EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So I have been reading and learning alot from all of you and have begun dealer negotiations to purchase/order/otherwise get my grubby little hands on an Enclave of my own. I am hearing things all over the map on pricing. I know car salesmen are notorious for wanting to sell high, but what should I REALISTICALLY expect to pay for a LOADED (and I do mean EVERYTHING!) Enclave? Is it possible to keep hunting until I find invoice plus $500? What is reasonable? Help? :confused:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Invoice pricing shouldn't be an issue if you find the right dealer. We easily got supplier pricing on ours (I'm eligible for supplier pricing). I haven't paid more than invoice + $25 on a new "big 3" automobile since I started buying new in 1984.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered my Enclave CXL on Aug 31. I just made the deal tonight and paid the dealer invoice price minus the $500 Conquest rebate. The dealer faxed me the invoice he received from the factory. The MSRP was $41580.00 and I paid $39071.03 - $500. To this they added sales tax & tag & title fees. That's it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Unless money or payment is not an issue to you, never pay MSRP. If you don't have the patience to deal with the numbers, the patience to hunt for the right dealer, or the time to wait for the vehicle then you'll pay more towards MSRP. The key is to find the price as close to invoice. I've talked dealers and the second sentence out of my mouth was "I'm not going to pay MSRP for the vehicle". Few told me that they wouldn't be able to help me. Most gladly tried to work a compromise with me. I've seen some folks here pay very close to invoice. I paid $1000 over. Costco or Sam's, I believe are even lower. Compromise only when you're comfortable with the price and not because of pressure. Good luck with your's.

G

·
we jumped on this deal because they gave us every incentive they could think up, we got class a discount which took 4k right off the sticker, i got 500 for being in college, we got another 500 military discount, and an extra 500 for paying cash, 5500 off 1 43,000 sticker brought us 37,500. and the great thing is we have used the supplier pricing 3 times since july. there no limit to it apperently.

·
Registered
52 Posts
We ordered ON 10-26-07 our CXL AWD fully loaded except for sunroofs because it's too dang hot in Arizona, for $500 over invoice. Cocoa, Cashmere, Ent Pkg 4, Driver & Lux Pkg, 19"chrome wheels (thank you hubby for letting me get them), trailering and assist steps. I think we did good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks folks. Your feedback is extremely helpful.

Right now I am looking at two dealers seriously. On one, I am at 800 over invoice. The other one isn't negotiating as much. I just wanted to see if 800 was reasonable as it seems some found better deals. The vehicle is lovely - altho it is stock (not ordered) and has everything BUT the luxury package. Oh how I wanted those moving mirrors and headlights! ;D My area of the country (east coast) doesn't seem to be as flush in quantity or in bargaining as the west/midwest/south? Or is that inaccurate perception based on my immediate area.............

Bottom line, I have to decide soon. Advice? Help? Anybody willing to hold my hand? LOL :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
When you order the vehicle, the dealer has less cost because he does not have to carry it in his inventory. I forget the technical term, but the dealer does not have to pay the bank because it's a quick in and out. If you are patient, ordering the vehicle will get you a better price which should be as close to invoice as possible. The dealer should not have a problem showing you the invoice. You can buy your Enclave anywhere and service it at your local dealer. Believe me, they make more money on service than they do on sales.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting. I hadn't thought about that. Maybe ordering is the way to go then? But at only 800 over invoice now, I can't imagine it going lower than 500 over invoice - and now there is still the conquest available to offset the difference. I can't see the conquest will apply to Enclave much longer with the supply and demand issues they are having? Just don't know................ :confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am sad. Was ready to purchase my Enclave today. Agreed to 800 over invoice. Double checked my invoice numbers and the dealer was using an inflated number. They were 700 over what my invoice sources listed - so in essence were selling it at 1500 over invoice. I told them if they came down to the 800 we agree on it was a sale. They said my Kbb, edmunds, and CR invoice numbers were all wrong. I can see being 100 off. But not 700+. I walked away from the *deal*.

I think this car is just too hot for me to get a decent price in my area. I think I may need to look for something else.................. :(

·
Registered
329 Posts
princess said:
Ok. So I have been reading and learning alot from all of you and have begun dealer negotiations to purchase/order/otherwise get my grubby little hands on an Enclave of my own. I am hearing things all over the map on pricing. I know car salesmen are notorious for wanting to sell high, but what should I REALISTICALLY expect to pay for a LOADED (and I do mean EVERYTHING!) Enclave? Is it possible to keep hunting until I find invoice plus $500? What is reasonable? Help? :confused:
We paid Invoice +$300 for a 100% fully loaded Enclave - ordered it 10/04 in So. California. Just need to find the right dealer. :thumb:

·
Registered
249 Posts
princess said:
They said my Kbb, edmunds, and CR invoice numbers were all wrong. I can see being 100 off. But not 700+. I walked away from the *deal*.

I think this car is just too hot for me to get a decent price in my area. I think I may need to look for something else.................. :(
I bet they'll call you back. It looks like they're playing the game and you're the ball. Get a second opinion on those invoice numbers if they think it's all wrong. My invoice was within $200 of Edmunds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys. I knew you'd understand. :cheers:

I will look into Sam's club. Actually looked at Hundai Veracruz today. It isn't an Enclave. But it was nice enough. I was trying to make myself feel better. LOL

I won't give up.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
If you are willing to wait and order your vehicle, you'll probably get the best price. As ajherran said it costs them less in the long run, so it's less to you. Some of the dealers do screw with invoice numbers, so you just have to know that when you're dealing. How much they give you for your trade, too, is in the mix. If you really don't want to, don't "settle" for the Hundai Veracruz! You'll be sorry! I did some comparison "shopping" after my Enclave was on order, and it was fun, but the Enclave is a one-of-a-kind vehicle that cannot be compared! Enjoy this process. It is all part of the fun! [/color]

PS-I ordered and got $500 over invoice.[/color]

·
Registered
214 Posts
princess said:
They were 700 over what my invoice sources listed - so in essence were selling it at 1500 over invoice.
Hi princess.
It could be he is adding in the 1.75% Advertising Fee. A $40,000 MSRP vehicle would add $700.

Wayne

·
Registered
7 Posts
Princess,

Where on the east coast are you? I am in the northeast and talked to about 10 dealers to find a car. If you can get supplier pricing I can tell you several dealers who will work with you between Mass and MD since we talked to a BUNCH.

Also- we did not ended up with the lux or driv. conf. package as we found one we liked for supplier pricing with everything but right off the lot. Our sales guy went over EVERYTHING with us last night when we picked it up and it does have the mirror feature in it. Not sure why as I though that was in one of the packages but it is a feature on ours. The only thing we really wanted was a remote starter and the dealer added one on for us.

We brought it home last night and I did not even drive it today. Maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
329 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts