EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To some nasty piece of garbage. :angryfire: My front passenger door was keyed across while at Costco. I always park away from everyone to steer clear of door dings. The door ding would have been a cheaper fix. The employees of Costco were very helpful in reviewing all of the footage b/c I noticed it as soon as I was putting my groceries away. I had just been in the passenger door prior to arriving at Costco so I know it happened there. Unfortunately my luck sucks and their footage is scanning footage so my car is on there but only at intermittent times so they weren't able to get a picture/liscence plate of the jerk. Some people really suck. :'(

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Sorry about that. That is one thing that really gets me cranked up. I think people like that ought to be beaten with a nice big pipe.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
I am sorry to hear. The world is full of morons.
I take that back, the world is full of good people, it's just that morons make themselves known.

MRBUICK

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sorry to hear. I never understood the keying thing. Even as a rebellious teenager, the thought of defacing a beautiful automobile just never crossed my mind. I guess I was too busy appreciating them. The only conclusion I can come up with is it is a poor soul that feels those that can afford a nice car are the people responsible for their lousy lot in life so they are going to get a little payback. What a shame.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I agree with Zman.

·
Registered
344 Posts
OMG I'm so sorry Enclavious! I can't believe someone could do such a thing. Door dings are one thing, but to purposely do that to someone's car is just unbelievable. I hope you can find a good body shop that can repair it like new. I thought I had a bad day with my flat (unfixable) tire until I read your post! :sosad:

Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah, sorry to hear about your misfortune Enclaveous......

Good news is...... it can be repaired and made beautiful again!

Too bad "snakes" >:D like that exist on the planet.....the ones with legs!!

I think a fair punishment should be....."put thier grimmy paws in the door and close it....HARD!"

·
Registered
52 Posts
So sorry to hear about your mishap. Absolute morons who do that kind of s**t!! Our neighbors are now very watchful of our Clavie. Neighbor even notified of the time her automatic sprinklers come on so that the car won't get wet in case I'm home. She's says it's too beautiful to have waterspots.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a good story too. We had our old minivan for 11 years and drove it into the ground. So we buy my wife a brand new Enclave -- again, one new vehicle very 11 years!!! Well on New Year's day, we drove through a sandstorm and pitted all the windows, all the plastic and stuff on the front of the vehicle, and the paint on the driver's side. I can tell you that I was almost sick about this. In all the years we had our old minivan, nothing like this ever happened. Yet, within 3 months of getting the Enclave, we sand blasted it.

Gonna cost the insurance around $7000 to fix it. Maybe less if we choose not to paint much of the car. The damage to many of the panels is pretty minor. Still hard to swallow. Hate to paint a brand new car.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Enclavious and dwhsd :( so sad for both of you. People can really be mean can't they? It is fortunate that they are outnumbered by the good folk.

When I owned my minivan, I had to take it in 3 different times for body and paint work, (none of it my fault.) The body shop did amazing work and there was no way you could tell anything had ever been wrong. I tell you my experience in hopes it will cheer you up somehow.

Gramma

1 - 10 of 10 Posts