EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, I have been lurking here reading posts since I started contemplating a new car purchase. This is my first " new" car so I wanted to be fully informed. I initially wanted a Ford Edge, and loved the look and the drive. But, I really wanted the third row and OnStar and as someone from Ontario Canada I spend quite sometime on our main highway the QEW and it is a zoo so I am very partial to a chicken bar, you know the hand grip above your head. I know it is a silly requirement but I like it.

The evening before I made my choice our dealer called and asked if I had considered an Enclave? I said I thought it was a little out of my price range but would come look. As this is my car my husband had tested everything with me as had our 9 year old but the decision was mine. We were 5 minutes in to the test drive and just knew this was what we wanted. So despite the projected 10 - 12 week wait, I didn't buy off the lot, built it as I wanted, and with the incentives I got brought it in at the price range I wanted. My dealer even provided me with a short term lease until mine came in because my Montana had sold almost overnight.

I ordered the Cocoa Metallic CX FWD( having followed the debates on this board I realized I really didn't need the AWD) with the ebony leather heated seats, dual sunroof, convienance package, and cold weather package. We had a fully loaded Montana Vision but my son hadn't used the dvd in ages since he got his gameboy so I opted out of that, beside we do have a portable dvd that he prefers.

Low and behold my build date was October 8, 2007 and today at 10 am I am picking it up. It arrived on October 17th and I had ordered it on August 30th. Not bad eh? I have examine it, it is built as ordered, we drove it Wednesday night and it is awesome. People do stare.

I will post after I pick it up. I want to thank everyone here for the tips and advice. More people are on this than you realise. I am so excited I can hardly type this. My adult children think I have gone goofy. I have, but over a beautiful car. I feel like it is Christmas and Santa is coming this morning.
I will report soon.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
dorothyl
Welcome to the forum :thumb:
I am glad to hear that your buying experience went so well.
Good luck with your Enclave, we all love ours.

***GO BUICK***

·
Registered
329 Posts
Congratulations on your new Enclave! I can't believe how quickly it arrived - you are one of the lucky one's fo' sho"!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
:welcome: You have made a good decision! Keep reading this forum for the great insight and money saving tips we all take and share! If you have the XM radio, don't forget it can be gotten for $77, on top of the 3 months free that came w/ Enclave= total 15 months for $77, if you want it! Do a search or post here for more XM info :thumb:

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I hate you!! (jk) congrats on your lucky-ness!

(I am pouting today)... my order keeps getting pushed. It's like a dog when you feed it a treat and pull it away just as he jumps for it. That's how I feel. :(

·
Registered
329 Posts
waitingsince8-10 said:
I hate you!! (jk) congrats on your lucky-ness!

(I am pouting today)... my order keeps getting pushed. It's like a dog when you feed it a treat and pull it away just as he jumps for it. That's how I feel. :(
LOL - I was just going to say that you better not tell waitingsince8-10 :poke:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Smokin SRX said:
:welcome: You have made a good decision! Keep reading this forum for the great insight and money saving tips we all take and share! If you have the XM radio, don't forget it can be gotten for $77, on top of the 3 months free that came w/ Enclave= total 15 months for $77, if you want it! Do a search or post here for more XM info :thumb:

Good Luck!!
Do you know what they are talking about with the XM for $77?? I am paying $10/month.......do I have to do this at purchase? Someone please advise :help:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, it is as awesome as I thought. I know I have only had it a couple of hours but it is a beautiful car.
As for the XM satelite, my dealer told me about the offer and I will contact them soon to add the year.
I still have to contact Onstar for the orientation and I will be doing that later today.

As for the short wait time, I and my dealer were amazed at it arriving and in my driveway in at 6 weeks to the day it was ordered. I was reading this board watching the wait times and was starting to get nervous.
The only decision I waivered on was the colour. It was between Crimson Mettalic and the Cocoa. I love Red and struggled between the 2. I almost called and changed the colour a couple of times but the Cocoa looks so rich for lack of a better word and looks awful nice sitting in my driveway. My 16 year old daughter got her beginners permit the same day it arrived at the dealer. All we have heard since is how she can't wait to drive the "fancy car". I cringe just thinking about it. My husband just got a new Ford Ranger and his idea of security proofing it was to get a standard tranny because I don't know how to drive standard. He now chuckles at his "genius" choice, little does he know he will be teaching her on that also. LOL.
Monday I will be enrolling her in drivers ed.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Congrats Dorothy....glad to hear your good story. :cheers: Enjoy that Enclave and tell your daughter to BE CAREFUL.

G

·
how did you get leather on a cx, is this somthing i missed,

WOW congrats on the car, lucky yours got here so fast. I remember my permit, my mother always yelled at me because i would drive to fast and once i decided to show a dodge charger how an Esclade could accelriate faster than him. LOL, that was a week of no driving.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is Amaaazing! I am in Richmond Hill, On. I ordered on August 11th. CXL AWD Cocoa, All options. I have been pulling my hair out waiting for delivery. I received word today my build date is November 19th! So with delivery time I am looking at December for delivery :'(. Congratulations again. Can you post who your dealer is? Thx.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Buicknewbie

I am in the Niagara area. The car was delivered to Central Motors in Fonthill. Thats weird eh? I ordered August 20th.My build date was Oct 8th and 9 days later it was here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe I need to move closer to the border :). I will try to be patient. BTW since you are so close to the border how come you did not just hop across and buy in Buffalo...you would have saved about $10k? In hindsight I should have done that ...and would have received the car sooner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts