EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove from Dallas to Houston this past weekend. Here's my take on my new Enclave.

The ride was very smooth and quiet! Very little road noise and zero engine noise. The passing cars next to me seemed non existent.

My Enclave was built with the new transmission update. The transmission was very responsive. In cruise control, it down shifted as needed when going uphill then returned to a higher gear as soon as it reached the top of each hill. I got 23.8 MPG highway (according to the built in DIC) with 2 passengers, my drum kit, bags, ice chest, etc. loaded in the rear. I was able to fit my 4 piece drum kit with all stands and cymbals with only the 3rd row folded down!

The stereo plays MP3 discs and will even display the song/artist info on the screen if that information is available for each song. You can even access multiple folders on the disc as well. I wish the stereo had a little more power, but it does sound nice. I wish there was an option for Sirius instead of XM. I like the Sirius stations better.

The seats are comfortable, but I found them to be a little stiff. We drove 3.5 hours straight. I don't know if ANY seat will be 100% comfortable for that long. Overall, the Enclave was a very pleasant ride. My bass player commented on how nice and comfortable the ride was so that has to mean something.

The automatic hatch is very nice and convenient. I really like how easy it is to fold/unfold the 3rd row seats. You can fold them down and set them back up all while standing behind the rear of the vehicle. My Durango required moving from the rear of the vehicle to the back doors to accomplish this.

I tried to use the manual hatch release, but every time I try to open the hatch after I unlock it, it locks itself down again. I turned off the switch in the front, but I can't seem to figure out what's going on. Ideas? :help:

The nav system was excellent! I don't know how I lived without one for so long. It took us right to the front door of the club with no issues!

All-in-all ... a very pleasant experience. I will be driving home to New Orleans for Thanksgiving this year. And for the first time in a long time, I'm actually looking forward to the drive! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Thanks for the nice update/review. Thats better mpg than the pilot I traded for my Enclave (which I am still waiting for-June 12th order). Do you have FWD or AWD and how fast were you cruising?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Glad you enjoy your trip. I may have misunderstood your question but here goes. If you turn off the automatic hatch, then you'll have to grab the hatch and actually lift the hatch to open it. You have however two options in closing it when in manual mode. First you can just slam it shut like normal manual hatch or if you just set it down, you'll notice the motor will close it for you. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bsox,
I was cruising anywhere from 65-70 MPH. FWD.

Flava,
I did everything you said. Only, when I grab the hatch and try to lift it, it won't open! The hatch automatically pulls itself back into a locking position. YES, I did make sure the button to turn the auto hatch off was indeed off. I've tried this like 30 times already, and I get the same results.

My process: After the auto hatch button is off, I push the button on the lift gate. I can hear latch unlock and see the gate pop open a little, but as soon as I apply pressure to lift the gate to open it, it closes and locks itself again. Strange.

·
Registered
249 Posts
NOLA Saints said:
I did everything you said. Only, when I grab the hatch and try to lift it, it won't open! The hatch automatically pulls itself back into a locking position. YES, I did make sure the button to turn the auto hatch off was indeed off. I've tried this like 30 times already, and I get the same results.

My process: After the auto hatch button is off, I push the button on the lift gate. I can hear latch unlock and see the gate pop open a little, but as soon as I apply pressure to lift the gate to open it, it closes and locks itself again. Strange.
Hmmmm.... Ok here's what I did. Maybe you can follow my steps.
1. Press unlock on keyfob (even though it's already unlock).
2. Open driver's door.
3. Press OFF on door hatch button.
4. Closed driver's door.
5. Went to the back and pulled up on flat rubber/button of hatch (right above license plate). You have to keep the pressure of lifting up. If you let go of the pressure before the motor shuts, it will take it back and close it.

I did try just pressing the hatch up and letting go and it did exactly what you said (tried it twice). It just took it away from my hand and closed it back up. You have to keep the pressure of lifting as if you don't have power doors and do it as one motion. You'll get the hang of it. I'm sure it's not broken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts