EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He drove it today and while getting ready to exit, he decided to open the liftgate from inside the car the only way he knew how...with the remote...unfortunately he hit the wrong button and his seat went from 'Easy Exit' to MY driving position which is VERY close to the steering wheel as I am short and need to reach the pedals. He did not know how to stop the seat and did not want to be crushed the day after Christmas, so he dove out of the car before the seat finished moving...He said he got some strange looks ;D :eek:hno:

·
Registered
389 Posts
*Enclave* said:
He drove it today and while getting ready to exit, he decided to open the liftgate from inside the car the only way he knew how...with the remote...unfortunately he hit the wrong button and his seat went from 'Easy Exit' to MY driving position which is VERY close to the steering wheel as I am short and need to reach the pedals. He did not know how to stop the seat and did not want to be crushed the day after Christmas, so he dove out of the car before the seat finished moving...He said he got some strange looks ;D :eek:hno:
Tell him to press any memory seat button (if he hasn't been told yet).

Funny story, though. I almost did something similar when I first got my '99 Silverado.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Well, I tend to have a weird, somewhat perverted sense of humor, so I can just imagine how it looked. Very funny :rofl: As long as he is OK. It is the opposite in my Clave. TechnoMarvel has short legs and I have long, so I may have to dive out someday. I would probably break a bone.

Gramma

·
Registered
71 Posts
The two different remotes have different memory for the position of the seats. If you want to save him from being crushed, maybe you should give him his own remote. :D

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mons' Clave said:
The two different remotes have different memory for the position of the seats. If you want to save him from being crushed, maybe you should give him his own remote. :D
Thanks Mons! I didn't realize this. He will be happy! :thumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
"Enclave"
RELEARN REMOTE KEY
This display allows you to match Remote Keyless Entry
(RKE) transmitters to your vehicle. To match an RKE
transmitter to your vehicle:
1. Press the vehicle information button until PRESS
V TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY displays.
2. Press the set/reset button until REMOTE KEY
LEARNING ACTIVE is displayed.
3. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on
the first transmitter at the same time for about
15 seconds.
On vehicles with memory recall seats, the first
transmitter learned will match driver 1 and
the second will match driver 2.
A chime will sound indicating that the transmitter is
matched.
4. To match additional transmitters at this time, repeat
Step 3.
Each vehicle can have a maximum of
eight transmitters matched to it.
5. To exit the programming mode, you must cycle the
key to LOCK/OFF.
This is from page 3-53 of the manual.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mons! I am SLOWLY working my way thru the manual. Appreciate all your help! :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts