EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

My new Enclave is in my Garage!!

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  htrdgrma 
#1 ·
We picked up our new Blue-Gold Crystal Enclave Thursday night. When we arrived and parked our car, we got out, we asked the salesman who was standing nearby for Phil. He said are you here for the Enclave? They had it parked out in front of the dealership offices. It reminded me of when I bought a horse years ago. I saw him at night for the first time, too. Some comparison, huh! Anyway, the color is different that I thought it would be, but I love it even better. It is almost a blue tinted gunmetal color. Really unusual and pretty. Great dealership to work with.

The car is fantastic! Still getting used to it. We can't leave the house much because we are having work done, so no trips for several weeks. Just around town. We didn't notice until today that there is no AWD sign on the car. Had to look to make sure it was AWD. I thought they put that in chrome on the tailgate, but not so.

For Anyone getting their new Enclave. The instructions say not to drive over 55 mph for the first 500 miles. That is hard on the freeway, but I am doing that. There is no lean that I can feel in this car. I felt lean in my Chrysler Van and lean in the Lexus GS, but the Enclave corners beautifully. My husband is the Techno Marvel so he is reading up on all the luxury package details. There are so many features to get used to.

Took just a few days under 8 weeks for delivery.

See less See more
#4 ·
htrdgrma said:
For Anyone getting their new Enclave. The instructions say not to drive over 55 mph for the first 500 miles. That is hard on the freeway, but I am doing that.
Congrats on your new Enclave!

Is it All Wheel Drive? The manual says to not go above 55 mph for the first 500 miles only for the AWD versions.

TM

#5 ·
Yes, Tin Man. It is AWD and the manual says 55 MPH for first 500 miles. My husband, :-* Techno Marvel, :-* spotted it and told me after I drove it 17 miles home from the dealer at 60 MPH. One can't sit in the dealer's parking lot and read through the entire manual before driving it, unfortunately. I have been very careful since.

I didn't realize that it was just for AWD. Why is that? Something else in the manual that I read yesterday. A signal comes up to tell you when to change your oil. I haven't found anything else that gives a mileage time to change it. This is a new concept to me, but I like it.

#6 ·
Congratulations htrdgrma! I'm sure you are enjoying just looking at her in your driveway![/color] :angel:

#7 ·
Congrats htdgrma!! Give Techno a break, my techno salesman, who prides himself on knowing a ton about the Enclave, had no idea about the break-in for the AWD and spent quite a bit of time explaining the rain sensing wipers!! :-\

Nice guy though, I pointed him to this site!!

Enjoy the ride!!

#8 ·
Hi JohnT26: I have the feeling that we members of this forum probably have more knowledge of what the Enclave's amenities are than the Buick salesmen that are out there, at least for awhile until they are more common. By the way, the reason I got the navigation system was specifically for Techno Marvel. He loves it! I don't.

When I was first looking, the wet behind the ears salesman (as young as some of my grandchildren), made the mistake of giving me the dealer's Detail and Training booklet instead of the sales brochure. Great for me! It gives comparisons about the Enclave vs. Acura MDX, Lexus RX 350, 2007 Lincoln MKX, an Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.