EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was July of 1990. I was 15 and I had had my license for about 3 weeks. The very first time I was allowed to drive the car by myself I totaled it. It was my mom’s 1983 Honda Prelude. There was a light malfunction. My light was stuck on green and the other direction was stuck on red. Do you know what a Grand Marquis can do to a Honda Prelude? It’s not pretty. Thank God for seat belts. I walked away with a few scratches and a sudden need to clean my windshield daily.

What’s the worst wreck you’ve ever been in?

·
Registered
208 Posts
It was february 1983. I was in first grade and had just turned 7. I had come home from Brownies and went with my mom to run an errand. We were in a 1982 Honda Civic wagon. I brought my after school yogurt with me and sat in the front seat, on my knees, no seatbelt. It was pouring rain. We were waiting on a 2 lane road to turn left and we are at the top of a little hill crest. Over the crest of the hill comes a 16 year old driving his daddy's Cadillac and slammed into us as we were parked waiting to turn. We flew across the other lane of traffic and landed in the ditch kind of nose first and flopped back down. Somehow, I ended up in a crumpled heap under the dash relatively unscathed. My mom broke the seat with the whiplash situation. The car was totaled. Now, I am a carseat/seatbelt/booster seat Nazi with my own children. I do not think I should have survived, let alone been uninjured.

Meredith

R

·
0 Posts
Mama2Girls said:
I do not think I should have survived, let alone been uninjured.

Meredith
wow, dosen't that give you a wierd feeling.

knock on wood i as a driver have never even had a fenderbender, or been in one, there have ben MANY close calls, some almost two close but never a real accident, but there was one time when i was 10 and it was the first day of school (awful day already) and i was sitting in the car begging her to give me one more day, but she finally forced me to go, so i got out and as soon as i sit down in my new classroom the teacher gets paged to send me down stairs, i go down and find my mother had ben sided by a school bus, she was ok and infact she was more angry that her coffie had spilled on her new suit, but the car was a mess, and the school bus driver blamed it on her even though the bus driver had ran the red light and hers was green, we won the case and also found out that it was the driver FOURTH accident, so after that one she was fired. but the only reason i am ok is because i went to school that day, the side that was worst damaged (i mean wrecked, the airbags were ripped with sharp shards of metel) was the front seat and that is were i usally sit. so from now on i always went to school.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My dad is in his second career after moving to AZ and at a young-ish age of 55 - he is now the Bus Route Manager for a small school district. The older gentleman who trained my dad to get his "substitute driver" status was in 3 accidents this past year! None were his fault, no children were injured, but it kind of makes you wonder if he was in the wrong line of work! That would be tough job - liability wise. Not to mention all those crazy kids with their new fangled iPods and black make-up!! Back when I was a kid, the only people wearing make-up like that were walkin' the streets! hehehe...gotta talk like I am old over here at the Enclave forum!!

R

·
0 Posts
I HAD HUGE CLOSE CALLS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long story warning

it started that i was going to go to sams club, looking for a new tv and they have the best deals, but thats beside the point, as i go in it starts to thunder starts to roll (no pun intended) and lighting is flashing so i figure it just one of your run of the mill t storms, i go in and find that i can only use mastercard :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:. I was expecting to use amex, so i have to go and check my credit limit on a master card then, i dont have my cell ( never need it when i do, and always when i don't), ok so i go out to use the car phone in the yukon xl, and it starts to rain a bit, not bad, i get off the phone with mastercard, happy that they let me raise my limit, but just as i open the door the rain OPENS up. i sit and wait and wait and wait, about an hour later it is still raining and i am not going to bring a brand new tv in the rain, so i say 5 min and i am leaving, 4 min and hail starts to come down( i havent seen hail since i was 5), and first it was not bas pebble size, so i drive behind the building were i am shielded alittle bit, talking to a guy with a new acadia he seems really stressed about the hail, anyway the idiot rent a cops say we need to move, after i drive around the hail turns to golf balls, i say to my self DARN IT, i am just going in to buy it and leave, i go in and the lady over the loud speaker said there is a tornado warning and everybody needs to move calmly to the center of the room, i say screw it im going home, i ask the lady and she said were only doing it to avoid a lawsuit, so i say then can i leave and they let me go, i get out (after getting beaton to death by golf ball hail) and get in the truck and head home, on my way home driving through 6 inchs of water, this IDIOT PULLS OUT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME and i steer right on to the median, and stop just before hitting a tree, all shaken up i collect my self and continue to drive home, as i am about 1 mile from the house i see a funnel cloud, so i floor it and head on the curb because people are running from the cars, i am 1 mile from my home with a storm shelter ( usally for hurricanes) and i want to get back to my family, i get home safely and the tornado never touched ground but i am with out power, having my computer hooked up to a generator right now, but what a day.
no damage other than some trees and no power, but never have i had all this happen EVER.

one thing i now know is that a gmc can put up with this, i went by two toyotas one a camery and the other an older land cruiser both stalled and one with a busted raidiator that a piece of hail hit.

thanks for letting me relive some of my thoughts. BUT WHAT A DAY.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, wow, wow. :eek:hno: I'd like to say hope tomorrow is better but tomorrow is Monday.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wow. Just wow. Good to see you get thru in your XL and the Japanese cars aren't all that, are they?

R

·
0 Posts
axiama said:
Wow, wow, wow. :eek:hno: I'd like to say hope tomorrow is better but tomorrow is Monday.
i hope so, it is not supposed to rain, but they said that it was no supposed to rain today, so
but im going back tomorrow to buy, so at least something happens . ;D

R

·
0 Posts
axiama said:
well i have power back so hopefully thats a good sign, now i know how my dad felt whith no a/c as a kid, our generator is to small to power the a/c units so i would take 15 min breaks and sit in the car, as advised by the local radio station, but i am still really stressed, as we just moved and are still trying to sell out house and i heard people on the news some of who i knew because they lived accross the street from us with trees all over their house and a maple tree fell on their bmw x5, i am heading over today, expecting the worst, hoping for the best.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
1980, in a 1978 Grand Prix.
Someone ran a red light (hit and run) in Newark, NJ (the garden spot of NJ).
Hit us broadside and the car was never the same. My fiance was with me, now my wife of 26 years. Fortunately, no injuries, AMAZING :thumb:
I traded it in for my very first Buick, a 1985 Park Avenue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts