EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been trying to figure out a few things on the Infotainment screen and cant find the info I need to get things running like Id want to.

Nav:
1. When listening to radio and showing the 'Full Nav' screen - you can press the 'Nav' button and it will split the screen in 1/2 - Radi on the Left and Nav on the Right. When on a highway the Nav screen likes to show all the upcoming exits on the RH side of the screen so when I go to this screen display the Nav screen is pretty useless (I want to see the map) - When in full nav screen I dont see my radio favs to switch between.

So my question is this - can i change the order of things on the screen - show me the Nav on the LH side and the Radio info on the RH side or are the positions fixed?

2. State - When I first tried to locate a POI I couldnt find anything! It was killing me until I realized it was stuck in the default state of 'MI' - Is it possible to eliminate state from the criteria? I frequently want to locate something in the MD/VA/PA/DC area - always having to change states to locate stuff is annoying and I dont know of any 3rd party to enforces this?

3. POI descriptions - When locating a POI the text is too large pushing critical info off the selection screen (Try locating Mount Vernon, George Washingtons home - 3 entries show up saying MOUNT VERNON........and thats it!) - You dont know exactly what you are selecting until you select an entry and if its wrong you have to start over. Any way to get the full description/address of a POI before selecting from the search screen?

Audio:
1. While the car is moving it appears I cannot scroll down the list of XM categories - I guess this is to make it safe and keep me from finding info. Is it possible to allow me to scroll down the program categories while in motion?

2. XM Channel info - with my Sirius radio I can see whats playing on a station before selecting it - with XM so far in looking at the categories I dont know whats playing on the stations without selecting it - can you get a view with this on it?

3. Equalizer selection - In the booklet it shows default settings for Rock, Pop, New, etc... it then says in the Enclave you only get 'Talk' - exactly what option in the Audio system would change/dictate that none of the other settings should be made available?

DVD:
1. My remote seems to be very picky and the location of the IR is a bit of a pain - on the Nav Screen you can fast forward but not chapter skip - am I missing something as the options do not provide this?

·
Registered
661 Posts
no answers, but an additional question. When I have entered a destination in my nav it of course displays the map and announces turns, just like I was used to on my previous car with nav. BUT, if I do not want to listen to ANY sound source and turn it off, I get no nav data.
I know I can always mute the sound, but do not like that option. Is there a way to turn off all audio sources and still keep my nav running? :help:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does anyone know if you can get your navigation to stay in one city. Everytime I want to enter a location, it forces you to put the city first. If there a way o set a default city or state in the navigation. On our Lexus we did not have to type as much info in to get a reading on the navigation.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got some answers on GMI - Most of which are 'No :(

As for the city - I dont need to input that and it remembers the last State I entered so as long as I have the right state I can just start entering the POI name or such.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
goochman In response: "3. Equalizer selection - In the booklet it shows default settings for Rock, Pop, New, etc... it then says in the Enclave you only get 'Talk' - exactly what option in the Audio system would change/dictate that none of the other settings should be made available?"

I'll begin here. Play a station you like (FM<XM<AM) then press either Audio button, or Tuning knob in. (I forget w/o looking!) You'll see Bass, Treble, Mid adjustments ,available. Adjust as desired. Press "Custom" on bottom of screen. Done. It saves that adjustment and next time you go there, it shows Talk, or Custom. That's it for Enclave :thumb:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
REDCXL said:
no answers, but an additional question. When I have entered a destination in my nav it of course displays the map and announces turns, just like I was used to on my previous car with nav. BUT, if I do not want to listen to ANY sound source and turn it off, I get no nav data.
I know I can always mute the sound, but do not like that option. Is there a way to turn off all audio sources and still keep my nav running? :help:
Adjust the Nav Volume to minimum. "She'll" be inaudible. Screen stays on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts