EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the extra cost Nav with the Nav screen. It provides audio directions. When an audio direction is given, the radio volume is automatically lowered. This is fine. But between audio directions I would like the radio to be off or, at least, very low in volume -- so I can discuss directions with my wife and concentrate on getting to my destination.

Is there a way to turn off the radio while the Nav is on giving me audio directions? If not, is there a way to turn down the radio volume without also turning down the volume of the audio directions?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I believe you want to be in Nav mode and not Audio/Nav. I know on my entertainment package #4, I can listen to the DVD, XM, FM/AM, or AUX while the Nav is in use. Otherwise, I can select Nav tab directly and disable the others.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Try using the"mute" button on the right side of the steering wheel-looks like a mouth. Nav instruction will still come through fine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tralfaz said:
Try using the"mute" button on the right side of the steering wheel-looks like a mouth. Nav instruction will still come through fine.
Thanks, I will try it. Pressing the NAV button, suggested previously, engaged the NAV but did not silence the radio.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Enclave 1 said:
I have the extra cost Nav with the Nav screen. It provides audio directions. When an audio direction is given, the radio volume is automatically lowered. This is fine. But between audio directions I would like the radio to be off or, at least, very low in volume -- so I can discuss directions with my wife and concentrate on getting to my destination.

Is there a way to turn off the radio while the Nav is on giving me audio directions? If not, is there a way to turn down the radio volume without also turning down the volume of the audio directions?
The Nav audio and the "radio" audio are independent of each in regards to volume. Go to menu in Nav to adjust the Nav audio volume. You cannot have the radio "off" however when the Nav is "on". As mentioned, you have to either use the Mute button or turn the radio volume down. One would think that you should be able to turn the radio off and still have the Nav on, but it cannot be done. :thumb:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tralfaz said:
The mute button solves the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts