EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Enclave CXL. When I pulled into the garage today and turned the ignition off, the Nav screen opened automatically. I've never opened it before so I had to look up how to close it. When I pushed the screen back to close it, it wouldn't stay closed. It just slowly opened again. I tried again, same thing. So I called the dealer, because I didn't want to drive to tomorrow with the entire nav/entertainment screen open. I took the car in, and the service person tried to close it. It wouldn't close for him. He ejected the Nav DVD and a CD I had in the CD player. It still wouldn't close. He turned the car off and on and tried it again. Nope. He said he's never seen something like that before so he's not sure what could be wrong with it. Has anyone else experienced this? I have no idea what caused it to open. I was listening to the radio, turned off the car (my keys were still in the ignition), and the screen slowly opened. It worries me that the service guy never saw anything like this before. I hope to God they don't tell me I'm going to need an entire new nav system. Oh, the radio still played even when the screen was popped out. I could still see all the visuals on the screen too. The audio and everything still works, but the actual screen will not stay closed. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
:welcome: to the forum, Barsha. I hope you get plenty of answers out of all of us, and get some enjoyment from some of the quips that happen often.

Did you turn the Enclave back on and running and try closing it? Or did you do it while the Enclave was off? I would think that it wouldn't matter, but just going on a hunch that it is possible that the Enclave needs to be in ACC or running for power to engage the locking mechanism.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I did try with the car off, restarted it and tried it running. No luck. The mechanic at the dealership did get it to close, but he has no idea why it opened on it's own and why it wouldn't close. Apparently, he just kept pushing the screen multiple times until it finally latched closed. Also, it looks like I have the same Nav DVD issue that others on the board have had -- the disc can no longer be read. The service tech said unless we wanted to spend $$$$ to replace it, to just use a smart phone for navigation. I'm fine with that. It's a 2010 and I want to keep it for at least another four years while we're paying for my kids in college. I can go without it. Thanks for your response. Hopefully, it doesn't automatically pop open again. I wish there was a better solution than to just keep pushing it back in. Oh well.

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Crazy A$$ OEM radio. I am fighting with the map displaying with disc read errors like most here. It works for about 15 minutes then pops up disc read error. I have tried lens cleaners with brushes mounted on the cleaning disc. I have cleaned and inspected the map info disc, it's scratch less from what I see. I use a smart phone when absolutely un interrupted travel is needed. I also have a Villiv S5 with built in GPS.in its window mounted cradle that runs Delorme Street Atlas flawlessly. See you around the threads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
cfedor
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing