EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will receive my Enclave with the navigation system in about two weeks and have been looking at discussions relating to the Navigation system map date on other forums. It seems the maps installed in the Outlook, Acadia and Enclave are 2005 maps. A newer map was supposed to be issued around the first of Ausust.
Can someone with a navigation system in an Enclave made in late August or September check the date of the map in your Navigation system and post the map date?

Thanks in advance
Fritz

·
Registered
55 Posts
BTW, v6.3 is the newest version. :thumb:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just checked with GM Nav for an update Disc for My Enclave. I was informed the 20006-2007 GM's are getting the free 2 time upgrade but not the 2008 Enclave.
I went out and checked the PN om my disc and it is a 2005 Disc. I was told later made Enclaves has the new disc(Mine was made in May 07)
I explained to them that I was not very happy to have an outdated Nav Disc in a $41,000 Vehicle!!!
They issued me a Case Number and said I would hear something in 24-48Hrs.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I thought I saw something in my paperwork which indicated 2 free map updates? Pretty lame the Outlook/Acadia would get it and not the Enclave...............kinda like Chevy getting preferable treatment over Cadillic customers..........

·
Registered
612 Posts
goochman said:
I thought I saw something in my paperwork which indicated 2 free map updates? Pretty lame the Outlook/Acadia would get it and not the Enclave...............kinda like Chevy getting preferable treatment over Cadillic customers..........
I got my delivery last month. On the manual page which offers the free updates, there was a new page literally glue on top of the old page explaining how I can purchase a disc update from GM. How convenient! I assume all the Lambda's are this way. The change occurred in early October as I recall.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Clave Man said:
I got my delivery last month. On the manual page which offers the free updates, there was a new page literally glue on top of the old page explaining how I can purchase a disc update from GM. How convenient! I assume all the Lambda's are this way. The change occurred in early October as I recall.
That is soooo lame!
I guess they figure if you can afford the top of the line, you can afford to pay for the new nav disc :angryfire:
Penny-wise/pound foolish as my dear Grandma used to say...

·
Registered
29 Posts
If there is anyone out there that has an Enclave and another GM vehicle with nav, would you care to do me a favor :angel:and take the nav disc from the older car and put it in the Enclave and see if it works? Reason is I bought a nav system off ebay and it did not come with a nav disc. I am trying to avoid paying $200 to the dealer and there are plenty of other nav discs for sale from other GM models. Quite a few Caddilac ones. I figure it's just the map data so what harm could it do, right? Is there really a big difference? Anybody have an idea?

Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think the NAV discs are unique for each vehicle model/NAV unit model. I recall somebody posting that even Acadia or Outlook NAV discs won't work in the Enclave.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yep, just found it on another page in the forum. Guess I should start doing a better search before posting stupid questions. Sorry gang. :banghead:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I received an up-dated DVD for my Nav today from GM since I had the 2005 Ver 1.0. Now have Ver 6.3.
The new PN Is : 25880991U. I am fully satisfied with the update and service given to me by GM.
I felt it was only fair that I had the Same Disc as the later made Enclaves.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Glad GM agreed with you and you got the updated disc! Good work!

·
Registered
200 Posts
jonv112 said:
I think the NAV discs are unique for each vehicle model/NAV unit model. I recall somebody posting that even Acadia or Outlook NAV discs won't work in the Enclave.
I'm going to disagree. If you look at the part number/name on the GMNavDisc site, it calls the part number "llamda" and doesn't mention Acadia, Enclave or Outlook.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just took another posters word, so I'm not completely sure. I don't even have a Lambda!

·
Registered
200 Posts
25880099 2008 LUCERNE/LAMBDA/THETA

Comes from the GM Nav Disc site. No mention of a specific lambda (Enclave, Acadia, Outlook) vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know 6.3 (25880099) is the newest version, but does anyone have the part# for the 2005 maps nav disc? Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Does anyone know where i could get the latest nav update disk at a cheaper price the the
200 gm wants?
I'm getting the shaft because I was one of the first enclave buyers in june of 07
I have a 2005 version 1 disc.

·
Registered
200 Posts
hill34top said:
I know 6.3 (25880099) is the newest version, but does anyone have the part# for the 2005 maps nav disc? Thanks
It's gotta be located in either on the Enclave or Acadia forums. Do a search and you should find it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts